States would decide on their own abortion laws. Really?

This is me being honest.

"My views and what I give a FUCK about doesn't have a fucking thing to do with YOU or any other woman or the "seeds" that they carry."

"Life is NOT sacred to me."

Why don't you for fucking once ask someone what their fucking views are instead of trying to TELL them what their views are?

Then, try actually taking their answers into some level of fucking consideration?
All you had to do was hit the agree button. Or give me a thumbs up if you agree.

This is me being honest.

"My views and what I give a FUCK about doesn't have a fucking thing to do with YOU or any other woman or the "seeds" that they carry."

Why don't you for fucking once ask someone what their fucking views are instead of trying to TELL them what their views are?

Then, try actually taking their answers into some level of fucking consideration?

Well if that's how you feel all this

"I can give you quite a bit of evidence that shows a child's life begins at and by conception."

is irrelevant right? Then why are you arguing for the pro lifers if you don't give a fuck and you understand life is not that sacred to us?

Sounds like you should be arguing with your fellow Republicans and let them know you agree with us on this one.

This is me being honest.

1655494588940.png

Thanks for being honest

All you had to do was hit the agree button. Or give me a thumbs up if you agree.
You accused me of coming from a religious perspective and I don't give a flying fuck about religious arguments in an abortion debate.

So go fuck yourself.

I am fucking done responding to personal attacks and mischaracterizations.

Yes, if the court strikes down Rowe, you will still be able to get an abortion in the US. And do to the court's reasoning, states rights, congress in the future would not be able to create a law to make abortion illegal nationally.

There are 26 states that will almost surely ban abortions and several more will enact new abortion laws. Almost all of these states will allow abortions in the case where the mother's life would be in danger, or pregnancy due to rape or incest. Some of these 26 states will also allow abortions in the first 15 weeks and most of the rest will restrict abortion to the first 6 weeks. A couple of states will make no exceptions at least as the law stands now.

If you're not able to qualify in these states you will have to travel. However that may not be that bad because 17 of these 26 states border states where abortion will be available on demand. In most of these states and at a the national level, organizations are working to ease the travel problem.

Although the number of abortions will go down if Rowe is struct down, I expect the number is going to be a lot less that pro-lifers expect.
Don't be so sure

“It’s never been about state’s rights,” said Mary Ziegler, a law professor at the University of California, Davis, and an expert on abortion law. “The movement, from its inception, was about fetal personhood, which means that the movement thinks that all abortions are human rights violations.”

In March, Missouri state Rep. Mary Elizabeth Coleman (R) introduced the first bill in the country making it illegal for state residents to leave to get an abortion or for anyone to help them. “If you believe as I do that every person deserves dignity and respect and protection whether they’re born or unborn, then of course you want to protect your citizens, no matter where they are,” Coleman told Politico in March.

“If a state declares that a fetus is a living person, it follows, legally, that a person having an out-of-state abortion harmed a person conceived in-state,” they write. “Charges could be brought against the person obtaining the abortion, the person or persons performing the abortion or anyone who aided and abetted it.”

You guys don't realize we're playing checkers and Republicans are playing chess. 3 moves ahead of us. LOL

Yes, if the court strikes down Rowe, you will still be able to get an abortion in the US. And do to the court's reasoning, states rights, congress in the future would not be able to create a law to make abortion illegal nationally.

There are 26 states that will almost surely ban abortions and several more will enact new abortion laws. Almost all of these states will allow abortions in the case where the mother's life would be in danger, or pregnancy due to rape or incest. Some of these 26 states will also allow abortions in the first 15 weeks and most of the rest will restrict abortion to the first 6 weeks. A couple of states will make no exceptions at least as the law stands now.

If you're not able to qualify in these states you will have to travel. However that may not be that bad because 17 of these 26 states border states where abortion will be available on demand. In most of these states and at a the national level, organizations are working to ease the travel problem.

Although the number of abortions will go down if Rowe is struct down, I expect the number is going to be a lot less that pro-lifers expect.

Look what happened in RED Kansas last night. Republicans are lying if they say they aren't worried about the upcoming elections in November. When very red Kansas votes to keep abortion safe and legal, imagine women in the swing states.

I can't see the court ruling that abortion be exclusively a states right. What part of the Constitution would allow them to rule that way? So the question is, could this decision actually lead to outlawing abortions on a national level?

You have this backwards.
The Constitution clear states in the 9th and 10th amendments, that anything not specifically delegated to the federal government, is by default under state or local jurisdiction.

And by the way, only people have rights.
States have delegated authority or jurisdiction, not rights.

{...

Ninth Amendment​

Main article: Ninth Amendment to the United States Constitution
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.[95]
The Ninth Amendment declares that there are additional fundamental rights that exist outside the Constitution. The rights enumerated in the Constitution are not an explicit and exhaustive list of individual rights. It was rarely mentioned in Supreme Court decisions before the second half of the 20th century, when it was cited by several of the justices in Griswold v. Connecticut (1965). The Court in that case voided a statute prohibiting use of contraceptives as an infringement of the right of marital privacy.[118] This right was, in turn, the foundation upon which the Supreme Court built decisions in several landmark cases, including, Roe v. Wade (1973), which overturned a Texas law making it a crime to assist a woman to get an abortion, and Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992), which invalidated a Pennsylvania law that required spousal awareness prior to obtaining an abortion.

Tenth Amendment​

Main article: Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.[95]
The Tenth Amendment reinforces the principles of separation of powers and federalism by providing that powers not granted to the federal government by the Constitution, nor prohibited to the states, are reserved to the states or the people. The amendment provides no new powers or rights to the states, but rather preserves their authority in all matters not specifically granted to the federal government nor explicitly forbidden to the states.[119]

Ths exercise of the democratic process brought to you by the USSC in Dobbs

Do tell.
:lol:
I'm just saying a lot of women are going to vote Democratic because of abortion.

And truth be told. Republicans won't fix inflation. The feds are already on that. So if we kept Democrats in power, the economy would keep adding jobs, inflation would get fixed over time no matter what and we won't elect a bunch of election deniers who defend a guy who'd steal an election.

Did the Nazi's run again after WW2? It's like the Nazi's were defeated in 2020 but they are running again. I think Hitler went to jail for a little bit too after he started a riot. Beer Hall Putch. Much like the riot Republicans started in 2000. Brooks Brother Riots. Roger Stone was involved. Fast forward 20 years, Roger Stone was involved in trying once again to steal our democracy.

Tell us: how do Republicans feel about their chances in the 2022 election, and what does abortion have to do with that feeling?
Republicans can't feel good about their chances. No question abortion will be a key issue. And after the next two years of bad behavior, Republicans will lose the House and/or Senate in 2024 or 2026 for sure.

So something crossed my mind today: Let's assume the leak is genuine and next month Roe vs Wade is gone. Now (as everybody says) abortion will be left up to the states. Liberal states of course will keep abortion, conservative states make it illegal, and swing states may have abortion up to X amount of weeks. Fine.

My question is what happens if the country swings hard right on the federal level as in what is being setup now? Could our federal legislatures make it illegal for the entire country to have any kind of abortions? And if so, would the GOP risk losing leadership for decades down the road?

I can't see the court ruling that abortion be exclusively a states right. What part of the Constitution would allow them to rule that way? So the question is, could this decision actually lead to outlawing abortions on a national level?
If the Feds make abortion illegal everywhere there will be abortion sanctuary states.

My question is what happens if the country swings hard right on the federal level as in what is being setup now? Could our federal legislatures make it illegal for the entire country to have any kind of abortions? And if so, would the GOP risk losing leadership for decades down the road?

First of all, I didn't go through all 24 pages of posts to make sure I'm not contradicting myself, but in any case we still have a democratic president who absolutely will veto any legislation that makes all abortions illegal. And while the GOP may take the House and the Senate today, they are very unlikely to do so with enough votes to overturn a presidential veto. And in fact I don't think they will have enough votes to pass such legislation in the Senate anyway; they would have to have 60 votes, and I seriously doubt they could get all of their own senators to vote for that, let alone any democrats. IOW, it ain't happening for at least 2 more years.

Now - it could be that the GOP will take back the White House with a repub prez in 2024, or at some later time. But even so, it's hard to see them getting 60 votes to pass that legislation, cuz they ain't going to get any democrats to vote for that. I'm just not seeing it, such legislation would be political suicide or close to it for a lot of repubs even though the Evangelical Right really want it. So, it may technically be possible, but IMHO highly unlikely. Would the GOP do it anyway? Somebody will introduce a bill to do that, but I doubt it'll go anywhere.

Forum List

Back