Statehood for Kurds?

----easy enough-----the kurds DECLARE THEIR BORDERS-----from Turkey thru Syria thru
Iraq thru Iran ------and demand RECOGNITION as "OBSERVER" by the UN ---
while they are at it they might as well declare the ALPS----- are there any kurdish
mountain enclaves elsewhere? there are mountains in Yemen----maybe people
over there can join up------KURDS CAN BECOME A WORLD FORCE sala'adin
was a kurd and lots of people liked him

Kurdistani4ever, Missourian, et al,

This is another "Red Herring." Where did I mention "occupation?" Or! Who is implying "Occupation?" Where does "Occupation even enter into this? Turkey is an Ottoman Empire derivative.

Missourian, et al,

They don't necessarily oppose a Kurdish State.

Why does Turkey forcefully oppose a Kurdish State?
(COMMENT)

They oppose the creation an autonomous region and cultural rights for ethnic Kurds inside Turkish sovereignty.

Most Respectfully,
R

So now sovereignty is the same as occupation? As far as i can tell, almost one third of Turkeys population are Kurds, so calling it "Turkish sovereignty" is more than just a simple insult.
(COMMENT)

The population of a given tribe has no real meaning when it comes to "sovereignty" of a nation in total. There is so much more to it then just that. The internal dispute between Turkish Kurds and their nation (Turkey) is a domestic concern on separatism.

Turkish Sovereignty concerns the territorial integrity of the nation, and forges the umbrella over "all the people." To say that including the Kurds in the Turkish Sovereignty is an insult to the Kurds is, in effect tantamount to saying that the other two-thirds of the population are lesser people, - and is an affront to national unity; and promotes the idea of "establishing the hegemony of one social class over another." That is rather arrogant.

I am not (in all probability) as well versed on the Kurdish Separatist movement as you. But from what you say, am I to assume that the Kurds cannot participate in Turkish political party activities and are unable to assimilate into the mainstream of Turkish society?

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
Bellboy
presidentbarzanipmerdog.jpg

1 man/woman - 1 vote.

Total votes:
AKP: 21,399,082
CHP: 11,155,972
MHP: 5,585,513
BDP (Kurdish nationalists): 2,819,917

93% of people in Turkey speak Turkish as mother-tongue.
http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/archives/ebs/ebs_243_en.pdf

Election-results of single-issue Kurdish party in general-elections 2011 in Turkey: 5.8 %
BBC News

genelsecim.png

It's not that they are against independence, the AKP made such great promises for the future, and yet we are still waiting for them to come true.

Kurdistani4ever, Missourian, et al,

This is another "Red Herring." Where did I mention "occupation?" Or! Who is implying "Occupation?" Where does "Occupation even enter into this? Turkey is an Ottoman Empire derivative.

Missourian, et al,

They don't necessarily oppose a Kurdish State.

(COMMENT)

They oppose the creation an autonomous region and cultural rights for ethnic Kurds inside Turkish sovereignty.

Most Respectfully,
R

So now sovereignty is the same as occupation? As far as i can tell, almost one third of Turkeys population are Kurds, so calling it "Turkish sovereignty" is more than just a simple insult.
(COMMENT)

The population of a given tribe has no real meaning when it comes to "sovereignty" of a nation in total. There is so much more to it then just that. The internal dispute between Turkish Kurds and their nation (Turkey) is a domestic concern on separatism.

Turkish Sovereignty concerns the territorial integrity of the nation, and forges the umbrella over "all the people." To say that including the Kurds in the Turkish Sovereignty is an insult to the Kurds is, in effect tantamount to saying that the other two-thirds of the population are lesser people, - and is an affront to national unity; and promotes the idea of "establishing the hegemony of one social class over another." That is rather arrogant.

I am not (in all probability) as well versed on the Kurdish Separatist movement as you. But from what you say, am I to assume that the Kurds cannot participate in Turkish political party activities and are unable to assimilate into the mainstream of Turkish society?

Most Respectfully,
R

Yes, Kurds will never assimilate and become a part of the Turkish society, sooner or later they will left with no choice than giving us back our homeland. Fake borders may be present on the world map, but they will never be "real", when massive parts of the population there disagrees with it. A line chopping though the territory is one thing, but seperating a nations in 4 sides is just not right.

Forum List

Back