State Representative Not Sure It Should be considered rape

Mertex

Cat Lady =^..^=
Apr 27, 2013
Republican State Representative Brian Greene confused as to whether having sex with an unconscious person can be considered rape. Afraid that if someone has sex with their wife while they are unconscious, a prosecutor could charge them with "rape"?

What person in their right mind thinks having sex with an unconscious person is okay? God help us!

The changes drew some concern from lawmakers, especially when it came to the removal of consent when someone is unconscious.

“I’m not trying at all to justify sexual activity with an unconscious person. It’s abhorrent to me, but do we as a body, a legislative body, want to make that rape in every instance?” asked Rep. Brian Greene, R-Pleasant Grove.

Green explained he did not like the idea of defining rape as having intercourse with an unconscious person.

“It looks to me now like sex with an unconscious person is by definition rape,” Greene said. “I hope this wouldn’t happen, but this opens the door to it — a individual has sex with their wife while she is unconscious, or the other way around if that is possible, but uh a prosecutor could then charge that spouse with rape.”

Utah lawmakers question if sex with an unconscious person is rape fox13now.com

Wouldn't an unconscious person belong in a medical setting? Is this guy concerned about not being able to have sex with a person in a coma?

What if that is what she usually does? No way to tell if she is unconscious or just waiting till you finish?

Wouldn't an unconscious person belong in a medical setting? Is this guy concerned about not being able to have sex with a person in a coma?

Coma isn't the only cause of unconsciousness.

I wouldn't wish rape on anyone but I'd bet he would feel differently if it was his wife, daughter, mother ...

Is it possible for the Repubs to be any more ignorant and out of touch?

I guess some folks think what the cavemen did was OK. Hit the female on the head with a club and drag her back to the cave.

I just made a silly joke. I wasn't trying to kill the thread. I guess that State rep was in charge of the right wing outreach to women program. At least they are consistent.

How about this video where Hudak ignores reality and then gives false information.

Unconscious can be caused by many things. Not just a coma.

There's the date rape drug which renders a person unconscious.

There's drinking too much which can render a person unconscious.

There's violence and being bashed in the head that will render a person unconscious.

A person can fall and become unconscious.

If a man takes advantage of a woman who is unconscious then it's rape. She didn't have a chance to consent.

Those GOPers need to shut their big fat cake holes when it comes to sex, rape, and lady parts.

I don't want that at all. I want them speaking freely about their twisted beliefs on what rape is or isn't.

People need to know what they're voting for.

Those GOPers need to shut their big fat cake holes when it comes to sex, rape, and lady parts.

I don't want that at all. I want them speaking freely about their twisted beliefs on what rape is or isn't.

People need to know what they're voting for.

People need to know just how inane some of these conservative representatives are, thinking it is okay to have sex with someone that is unconscious. Even if it is your wife, that is just creepy.

Republican State Representative Brian Greene confused as to whether having sex with an unconscious person can be considered rape. Afraid that if someone has sex with their wife while they are unconscious, a prosecutor could charge them with "rape"?

What person in their right mind thinks having sex with an unconscious person is okay? God help us!

The changes drew some concern from lawmakers, especially when it came to the removal of consent when someone is unconscious.

“I’m not trying at all to justify sexual activity with an unconscious person. It’s abhorrent to me, but do we as a body, a legislative body, want to make that rape in every instance?” asked Rep. Brian Greene, R-Pleasant Grove.

Green explained he did not like the idea of defining rape as having intercourse with an unconscious person.

“It looks to me now like sex with an unconscious person is by definition rape,” Greene said. “I hope this wouldn’t happen, but this opens the door to it — a individual has sex with their wife while she is unconscious, or the other way around if that is possible, but uh a prosecutor could then charge that spouse with rape.”

Utah lawmakers question if sex with an unconscious person is rape fox13now.com

That's the deal with religionists; they can't agree with civilized people over the definition of things like "rape" and "pregnancy"

Forum List

Back