State Dept. orders Marines to disarm

The reasoning behind this is a sensationalistic news story. Nothing more. The state dept spokeman said he thought they surrendered their weapons.
The US Marine Corp says different.
from: U.S. Marines say they destroyed weapons before leaving Yemen Reuters

"The Marines Corps statement said on arrival at the airfield, the Marines rendered their weapons inoperable.

"Specifically, each bolt was removed from its weapons body and rendered inoperable by smashing with sledgehammers. The weapons bodies, minus the bolts, were then separately smashed with sledgehammers," the Marines said. All of these destroyed components were left at the airport - and components were scattered; no usable weapon was taken from any Marine" at the airport.

"To be clear: No Marine handed a weapon to a Houthi, or had one taken from him," the statement said."
What about military vehicles, did they smash them with sledge hammers as well?

Here's what actually happened according to a reputable source:

Marine Corps Marines Did Not Turn Over Weapons to Anyone Says Crew-Served Weapons Were Destroyed at Embassy - Fox Nation

Pretty pathetic. They may not have actually handed them over, but why would they not be fully armed?

Reagan's biggest mistake as President to allow the State department to do that to the military. Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.

Once they, and those they were charged to protect, had boarded the aircraft there was no need for small arms. Just like on a military base, they are not armed unless it is needed.

The reasoning behind this is a sensationalistic news story. Nothing more. The state dept spokeman said he thought they surrendered their weapons.

"The Marines Corps statement said on arrival at the airfield, the Marines rendered their weapons inoperable.

"Specifically, each bolt was removed from its weapons body and rendered inoperable by smashing with sledgehammers. The weapons bodies, minus the bolts, were then separately smashed with sledgehammers," the Marines said. All of these destroyed components were left at the airport - and components were scattered; no usable weapon was taken from any Marine" at the airport.

"To be clear: No Marine handed a weapon to a Houthi, or had one taken from him," the statement said."
Yes. That was known not soon after it happened. The Marines rendered their arms unusable before laying them down. That was by order of the state department.

But why? To what gain? We fled the embassy as it was a hostile environment. Why should MArines who were there by the order of the CiC be rendered defenseless while in a hostile environment?
So they can become corpsemen????

What about military vehicles, did they smash them with sledge hammers as well?

The military typically leaves behind vehicles. It is cheaper to replace them than to transport them. That is pretty common. But the heavy weapons were rendered inoperable.

Marine Corps Marines Did Not Turn Over Weapons to Anyone Says Crew-Served Weapons Were Destroyed at Embassy - Fox Nation

Pretty pathetic. They may not have actually handed them over, but why would they not be fully armed?

Reagan's biggest mistake as President to allow the State department to do that to the military. Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.

Once they, and those they were charged to protect, had boarded the aircraft there was no need for small arms. Just like on a military base, they are not armed unless it is needed.
I am sure they are all extremely proud of their glorious exit from Obama's highly successful mission in Yemen.

You didn't contradict what I said. Read the article and my post again.

I simply pointed out that our military is not armed all the time. And that there was no need for the marines to be fully armed.

What on earth would be the reasoning behind this?

With your right hand if you are right handed or your left hand if you are left handed, use the oblong object next to the computer, which is called a mouse. Move the mouse around and watch the screen, you should notice a small image moving across the screen in an analogous way as your movement of the mouse. That image is your cursor, and it will most likely appear in the image of a small white arrow. Now, move the mouse such as to move the cursor so that the point of the arrow moves over the funny colored words in the first post. They say "Marines Surrender Weapons Before Yemen Evacuation Military.com." You may notice that they now appear highlighted. This is called a link. With your right index finger if you are right handed or your left index finger if you are left handed, click the left mouse button while the cursor is over the link. You will notice that your web browser is taking you to a new page. This is called opening the link. If you want to get really advanced, you can use the right button instead. That will cause a small menu box to appear. One of the first couple options in the menu box should say "open in new tab" or something to that effect. The exact menu will depend on whether you are using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, or some other browser. Either way, you should find the option and select it, and a new browsing tab will open at the web page to open the link.

After completing all these steps (I know, it's very difficult and confusing) you will find information helping to answer your question:

He suggested that the handover of weapons may have resulted from international rules barring weapons on a civilian flight.

What on earth would be the reasoning behind this?

With your right hand if you are right handed or your left hand if you are left handed, use the oblong object next to the computer, which is called a mouse. Move the mouse around and watch the screen, you should notice a small image moving across the screen in an analogous way as your movement of the mouse. That image is your cursor, and it will most likely appear in the image of a small white arrow. Now, move the mouse such as to move the cursor so that the point of the arrow moves over the funny colored words in the first post. They say "Marines Surrender Weapons Before Yemen Evacuation Military.com." You may notice that they now appear highlighted. This is called a link. With your right index finger if you are right handed or your left index finger if you are left handed, click the left mouse button while the cursor is over the link. You will notice that your web browser is taking you to a new page. This is called opening the link. If you want to get really advanced, you can use the right button instead. That will cause a small menu box to appear. One of the first couple options in the menu box should say "open in new tab" or something to that effect. The exact menu will depend on whether you are using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, or some other browser. Either way, you should find the option and select it, and a new browsing tab will open at the web page to open the link.

After completing all these steps (I know, it's very difficult and confusing) you will find information helping to answer your question:

He suggested that the handover of weapons may have resulted from international rules barring weapons on a civilian flight.
What an asshole you are.
What an idiot you are.
It may have resulted from international rules. It may have resulted from something else entirely. Maybe it was a desire not to appear belligerent? Who knows?
I dont buy they destroyed all their weapons. The heavy weapons, yes. But their M4s and M9s? No telling. And I dont recall an evacuation like this that disarmed Marines.

What an asshole you are.

You are what you eat.

What an idiot you are.

Now that's a lie.

It may have resulted from international rules. It may have resulted from something else entirely. Maybe it was a desire not to appear belligerent? Who knows? I dont buy they destroyed all their weapons. The heavy weapons, yes. But their M4s and M9s? No telling.

Actually yes, there is telling. If you bothered to read the fucking link before you run your mouth you would know that nobody ever said they destroyed their pistols or rifles.

I simply pointed out that our military is not armed all the time. And that there was no need for the marines to be fully armed.

When we are evacuating Yemen? They don't need to be fully armed?

And you consider bureaucrats to be the ones who should determine that? Not the military?

And you consider bureaucrats to be the ones who should determine that? Not the military?

They were armed during the evacuation to the airport. They disarmed just prior to boarding the plane.

It is a commercial airliner. They are not allowed to go armed. Yes, they could have defied that rule and done it by force, but why would they? Once they were on the plane those small arms were not needed.

Don't need an embassy to conduct a discreet drone war. So we vacated an embassy. Big whoop. Now we can bomb the crap out of them without fear of hitting our own. Yay! That'll work. That it never has in the history of the world is irrelevant. It'll work for us because we're loved by God. (rolls eyes)

They were armed during the evacuation to the airport. They disarmed just prior to boarding the plane.

It is a commercial airliner. They are not allowed to go armed. Yes, they could have defied that rule and done it by force, but why would they? Once they were on the plane those small arms were not needed.

Go back and read the article and my post. You still aren't following it.

When Marines fly commercially we lock our weapons in a government issued gun travel case. It gets placed in the luggage hold with all other luggage but the Marine is the only one with the key to his or her gun case. We pick up our weapons away from the normal luggage wheel in a designated area. We do not leave our weapons in the hands of others...never. What is going on? Who is calling the shots in our country?

sorosobama.jpg

What an asshole you are.

You are what you eat.

What an idiot you are.

Now that's a lie.

It may have resulted from international rules. It may have resulted from something else entirely. Maybe it was a desire not to appear belligerent? Who knows? I dont buy they destroyed all their weapons. The heavy weapons, yes. But their M4s and M9s? No telling.

Actually yes, there is telling. If you bothered to read the fucking link before you run your mouth you would know that nobody ever said they destroyed their pistols or rifles.
Yes you eat ass. Thanks for admitting it.
No, I didnt lie. You are an idiot.
If they didnt destroy the small arms, what happened to them? Why were they taken from the Marines?

Forum List

Back