State Dept: Can't Defeat Isis, They need Jobs

depotoo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2012
Marie Harf, with the State Dept, on Hardball. Unbelievable, but goes along with having empathy, and not fighting whole heartedly. Even the Pope has stated they are Islamist ffundamentalists. This administration wants to ignore the meaning of the caliphate and how these Islamists relate it to the apocalypse.

The State Department message here is symptomatic of a much deeper and mind-numbing rot that has set into this Administration.

Fewer hopey-changey rainbow-brite Ken and Barbies, and more Realists, if you please.

What I find interesting is, suddenly it is about their economies. Do they propose we support them, or are they suggestig under their current systems of govt they can create good jobs, if just shown how? Or is this admitting that a more democratic state, involving capitalism is more the answer? If the latter, who else suggested that was the answer previously?

Maybe midnight basketball would solve the problem.

Marie Harf, with the State Dept, on Hardball. Unbelievable, but goes along with having empathy, and not fighting whole heartedly. Even the Pope has stated they are Islamist ffundamentalists. This administration wants to ignore the meaning of the caliphate and how these Islamists relate it to the apocalypse.

Proves obutthurts state department is full of idiots like Obutthurt himself.

The most amazing thing in this video is not the mind-numbing stupidity of this women's statements, but that even CHRIS MATTHEWS saw how dumb it was. You can tell by his body posture as well as his statements that even HE was taken back by the incredulity of it all.
But worst of all - she didn't just pull this out of thin air. This is a part of this administrations discussions and strategy...no way would she just say this on her own.

I am just dumbfounded. This beats the selfies and cereal-eating interviews...this is not a joke. This is what failure looks like.

That in, and of itself, is astounding.
The most amazing thing in this video is not the mind-numbing stupidity of this women's statements, but that even CHRIS MATTHEWS saw how dumb it was. You can tell by his body posture as well as his statements that even HE was taken back by the incredulity of it all.
But worst of all - she didn't just pull this out of thin air. This is a part of this administrations discussions and strategy...no way would she just say this on her own.

I am just dumbfounded. This beats the selfies and cereal-eating interviews...this is not a joke. This is what failure looks like.

She's right.

I say we turn the entire Middle East into one giant US owned gas station and put the all to work, what is the minimum wage over there? Like a camel a month and all the hummus you can eat?

Ive always respected Chris Matthews. I usually dont agree with him but he wont hesitate to say something on the left is a dumb idea. He seems like you could have a civil debate with him.

So the next time you see some bum holding up a sign on a street corner that reads "WILL WORK FOR FOOD" just be glad it doesn't read "WILL WORK AND I WON'T BURN YOU ALIVE".

Wait....isn't executing people a job......

Haha...the tried and true response by liberals when unemployed brown people get violent: they need jobs!!!

Aquire a skill in demand...then you'll have a job.

She's right.

I say we turn the entire Middle East into one giant US owned gas station and put the all to work, what is the minimum wage over there? Like a camel a month and all the hummus you can eat?

If we did what shes suggesting we would again be accused of nation building, its a no win situation when you try to help people over there. There is always one side who will see whatever you are doing is interfering. Hell, in the Muslim world, they cant do business the way we do, banks cannot charge interest and I imagine the average person over there is so limited in how they are allowed to invest. For them to become wealthy, their education system needs to be changed, and you can already see how well that has been received by groups like the Taliban

Even Matthews realizes this is a religious thing.
This just shows the level of disillusion and intellectual denial of this administration in refusing to acknowledge the root of the problem is not poverty, it is religious extremism.

Haha...the tried and true response by liberals when unemployed brown people get violent: they need jobs!!!

Aquire a skill in demand...then you'll have a job.
They have jobs. They kill people. They have plenty of skills for their job.

She's right.

If we did what shes suggesting we would again be accused of nation building, its a no win situation when you try to help people over there. There is always one side who will see whatever you are doing is interfering. Hell, in the Muslim world, they cant do business the way we do, banks cannot charge interest and I imagine the average person over there is so limited in how they are allowed to invest. For them to become wealthy, their education system needs to be changed, and you can already see how well that has been received by groups like the Taliban

Yep. And think about that concept. We try to help...we're criticized. We say fuck it and leave...they say we should help more.

Its a much larger scale but same concept as crime infested shit holes in America. People bitch about why no one will do anything to help. But we try to help and civilize the hood...and get hated for it.

Fuck the middle east. Lost cause. Just like our ghettos.

Even Matthews realizes this is a religious thing.
This just shows the level of disillusion and intellectual denial of this administration in refusing to acknowledge the root of the problem is not poverty, it is religious extremism.

Yep. Matthews realizes radical Islam is this century's Nazism. This isnt Vietnam or Korea. Wars we still question.

I think some on the left are slowly realizing we are truly in a world war...and thr enemy has no uniform..he has a religion.

She's right.

Yep. And think about that concept. We try to help...we're criticized. We say fuck it and leave...they say we should help more.

Its a much larger scale but same concept as crime infested shit holes in America. People bitch about why no one will do anything to help. But we try to help and civilize the hood...and get hated for it.

Unfortunantly thats true, like people in the ghetto who call the police for help, while others see them as harrassing when they pull over a suspect. If they stay out of those areas, it will be said that they dont care, and if they get involved and things go bad, it will be something like Black Lives Dont matter

She's right.

Unfortunantly thats true, like people in the ghetto who call the police for help, while others see them as harrassing when they pull over a suspect. If they stay out of those areas, it will be said that they dont care, and if they get involved and things go bad, it will be something like Black Lives Dont matter

Yep.

The only "help" they will settle for is air drops of cash jewelry and new shoes. The rest is either harrassment or racism. Just raw cash payouts is what they want.

Forum List

Back