State Department Official ‘Destroyed’ Records at Foreign Agent’s Request

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
A former State Department official told the Senate Intelligence Committee that he destroyed records in January 2017, the month President Donald Trump took office, at the request of former British spy Christopher Steele, according to a new report.

Jonathan Winer, who served as special envoy to Libya through early 2017, was Steele’s contact at the State Department. Winer arranged a meeting for Steele in October 2016 with another State Department official at Foggy Bottom to share findings of research on Trump, then the Republican presidential nominee in the November 2016 election.

BJ's Pull Quote:

lawmakers long have been interested in Winer because of his interactions with Steele and his handling of the dossier of opposition research on Trump. The Senate report offers a scathing assessment of the dossier, which the FBI used to obtain warrants to surveil then-Trump campaign aide Carter Page.

The report says that Steele displayed “poor” tradecraft. It also says that Steele “repeatedly” refused the committee’s requests for interviews.

A former State Department official told the Senate Intelligence Committee that he destroyed records in January 2017, the month President Donald Trump took office, at the request of former British spy Christopher Steele, according to a new report.

Jonathan Winer, who served as special envoy to Libya through early 2017, was Steele’s contact at the State Department. Winer arranged a meeting for Steele in October 2016 with another State Department official at Foggy Bottom to share findings of research on Trump, then the Republican presidential nominee in the November 2016 election.

BJ's Pull Quote:

lawmakers long have been interested in Winer because of his interactions with Steele and his handling of the dossier of opposition research on Trump. The Senate report offers a scathing assessment of the dossier, which the FBI used to obtain warrants to surveil then-Trump campaign aide Carter Page.

The report says that Steele displayed “poor” tradecraft. It also says that Steele “repeatedly” refused the committee’s requests for interviews.

So they wanted Dems to COVER UP their "SPONTANEOUS DEMONSTRATION" of a well organized terrorist attack, and didn't order HilLIEry to smash her phones! LOL

Winer, a longtime aide to then-Secretary of State John Kerry, was in contact with the founders of Fusion GPS, the firm that hired Steele. Winer also served as a background source for two reporters, Michael Isikoff and David Corn, for news stories they wrote before the November 2016 election touting Steele’s allegations.

Winer also disseminated an anti-Trump dossier peddled by two Clinton-linked operatives, Cody Shearer and Sidney Blumenthal. Winer told the Senate committee that he provided Steele with memos that Shearer wrote about Trump. Steele in turn shared the documents with the FBI to lend support to his own theories about Trump.

BJ -
They leaked the story to these operatives Iskoff and Corn. - which started the next phase.

I’m sure any number of documents have been shredded, burned, etc.

BJ's Pull Quote:

Gonna need a better source.

i don't post crap from Palmer report or alternet and expect you to accept it, so I'm not gonna take known RWNJ infotainment sites as sources.

BJ's Pull Quote:

i don't post crap from Palmer report or alternet and expect you to accept it, so I'm not gonna take known RWNJ infotainment sites as sources.

That's nice.

BJ's Pull Quote:

That's nice.
So, you don't have another source. You just posted this so the other tRumplings would pat you on the head.

BJ's Pull Quote:

That's nice.
So, you don't have another source. You just posted this so the other tRumplings would pat you on the head.

Poor Creepy

BJ's Pull Quote:

That's nice.

Poor Creepy
Lol, you ain't all there, are ya.

I'm done here. Have a nice nap.

BJ's Pull Quote:

That's nice.

Poor Creepy

Thank You!

BJ's Pull Quote:

That's nice.

Poor Creepy

Did someone die and make you the arbiter of acceptable truth?

BJ's Pull Quote:

That's nice.

Poor Creepy

Did someone die and make you the arbiter of acceptable truth?
Democrats lie, deny, and attack the source.

Forum List

Back