Start-up/Home page

Ridgerunner

'Ole Wise One'
Apr 20, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii
All right get ready to laugh at the old man...

In the late 90's during the NBA play-offs a new internet startup was advertising very heavily by the name IWON.com... For 16 to 17 years, I used this page as a portal to the interweb... It was my info guide to just about everything, such as TV, sports, News, weather... I didn't play the games or some other silly shit they had, but it worked for me...
They went tits up inn 2016 and I haven't had a happy home since... I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction on somewhere I might be happy at... Microsoft Edge sucks and their bullshit MSNBC news is on my last nerve...

I just learned how to change the page, I just need a good url to call home...

Oh and I hate Google, Yahoo and really don't want to use them as search engines... I use duckduckgo.com

I have a dream... Is it possible...

In the late 90's during the NBA play-offs a new internet startup was advertising very heavily by the name IWON.com... For 16 to 17 years, I used this page as a portal to the interweb... It was my info guide to just about everything, such as TV, sports, News, weather... I didn't play the games or some other silly shit they had, but it worked for me...
They went tits up inn 2016 and I haven't had a happy home since... I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction on somewhere I might be happy at... Microsoft Edge sucks and their bullshit MSNBC news is on my last nerve...

Oh and I hate Google, Yahoo and really don't want to use them as search engines... I use duckduckgo.com

Set up on FireFox to come up on DuckDuckGo and customize your opening screen with the main sites you want and catagorize bookmarks on the side bar. Works for me.

I use Google as my home page. Believe it or not, the Alien Council recommended using Google in Convoluted Universe 5 by Dolores Cannon. The Aliens said "Google it". Otherwise, I would use Yahoo as my home page. Sorry that did not help as you do not like Google or Yahoo. LOL

I have a dream... Is it possible...m
Startpage is a search engine that was recommended by Coast to Coast AM, i believe. It promises total privacy for the user. The url is Startpage - Private Search Engine. No Tracking. No Search History.

I've used startpage exclusively for years.

It's the best one.

Except I use a customized settings url for startpage for my home page

Startpage is a search engine that was recommended by Coast to Coast AM, i believe. It promises total privacy for the user. The url is Startpage - Private Search Engine. No Tracking. No Search History.

Thanks... Looks really interesting... I need an e-mail account with an alias to harass the Indian princess, Lakhota ...

This is a good home page.

Unfortunately, my brain is at about half capacity and this would leave me in a led zeppelin frame of mind...

Dazed and Confused

Thanks for your time...

1646424640938.png

Finally, I have a name for what I am looking for...

For starters, we can all agree that getting everything we need in one place is always our priority. A content aggregator is one such solution that provides us with all the valuable information (content) in one feed.

Thanks... Looks really interesting... I need an e-mail account with an alias to harass the Indian princess, Lakhota ...

Unfortunately, my brain is at about half capacity and this would leave me in a led zeppelin frame of mind...

Dazed and Confused

Thanks for your time...
You are very welcome! :)

Forum List

Back