Starbucks must be getting hammered

I agree - they made a very admirable effort but the venue is impossible.

Good for them for trying and hopefully, more people will come up with more appropriate ways to accomplish what they tried to do.

Last edited:
For something like the following to be written..BTW they aren't minding their own business when they try to delve into their customers.
www.marketwatch.com/story/starbucks-critics-are-ruining-america-2015-03-26.
Hard to boycott a place I will not patronize.

I don't want waitstaff doing a damned thing but their job.

It is not their place to discuss anything other than the menu.
Never developed a taste for it, now that I think about it none of the siblings are big fans either.

I've never been so stupid as to buy what SB's charges for what I hear is shit coffee.
If I were to go there and some fucking hipster asshole started getting in my face about 'race' I'd dump the coffee on them and tell them to fuck off.

I agree - they made a very admirable effort but the venue is impossible.

Good for them for trying and hopefully, more people will come up with more appropriate ways to accomplish what they tried to do.
Whatever the issue is (I can't see the original post), Starbucks is doing just fine. Everywhere I go overseas, Starbucks is all over the place and always busy. People don't mind paying the high prices--and the coffee is, in fact, very good.

For something like the following to be written..BTW they aren't minding their own business when they try to delve into their customers.
It was a great idea but they need to reflect diversity in their leadership team prior to moving on to the public sector.
Would you be comfortable with a waitperson discussing a charged topic from a POV you disagreed with?

I believe that the entire effort is packaged dishonestly. Did they REALLY want a discussion on race, or did they just want yet another platform from which to lecture white America about guilt they are supposed to be feeling? The former, a good thing. The latter, not so much.

It was a great idea but they need to reflect diversity in their leadership team prior to moving on to the public sector.
Would you be comfortable with a waitperson discussing a charged topic from a POV you disagreed with?
Yes I would be comfortable but then again I like talking to people to see what makes them tick. I find most people dont have the intelligence or curiosity to do that. I've actually sat down with a proclaimed KKK member and talked about his views.

I believe that the entire effort is packaged dishonestly. Did they REALLY want a discussion on race, or did they just want yet another platform from which to lecture white America about guilt they are supposed to be feeling? The former, a good thing. The latter, not so much.
Why would you call it lecturing about "guilt"? There is no reason to be guilty unless you are a racist.

Why would you call it lecturing about "guilt"? There is no reason to be guilty unless you are a racist.
That's what I mean. White America is assumed to be racist in far too many of these situations.

I've never been so stupid as to buy what SB's charges for what I hear is shit coffee.
If I were to go there and some fucking hipster asshole started getting in my face about 'race' I'd dump the coffee on them and tell them to fuck off.
Race talk scares little kids. I understand your reaction.

Yes I would be comfortable but then again I like talking to people to see what makes them tick. I find most people dont have the intelligence or curiosity to do that. I've actually sat down with a proclaimed KKK member and talked about his views.
You sat down with him, he did not intrude into your coffee break or meal.

BIG difference.

That's what I mean. White America is assumed to be racist in far too many of these situations.
Doesnt matter whats assumed. Talking tends to clear that up. People can see your point of view.

At least the third lib venture into fast food activism in the last couple yrs and all of them have exploded in their face.

BIG difference.
Wrong. We did it over lunch not that it makes a difference. I dont consider talking an intrusion as I can do 2 things at the same time with little effort.

Doesnt matter whats assumed. Talking tends to clear that up. People can see your point of view.
Actually, it DOES matter what's being assumed. Is it assumed that the barristas are going to start the conversation from the same POV? IOW, if a white barrista opens the conversation with a black customer by stating that he/she believes the plight of the young American black male has deeper roots in the breakdown of the American family than it does in anti-black American racism, is that considered a "conversation about race", or is the barrista going to be reviled as a racist? Or, as I believe to be the case, is the barrista expected to start the conversation from the POV that black Americans are discriminated against and their plight is solely, or mostly, due to racism?

BIG difference.
Wrong. We did it over lunch not that it makes a difference. I dont consider talking an intrusion as I can do 2 things at the same time with little effort.
Was the Kluxer a waitperson that initiated the conversation?

Forum List

Back