Starbucks’ CEO Calls for End to Campaign Giving

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
Chief Executive Officer Howard Schultz urged other CEOs to boycott donating to U.S. political campaigns to encourage leaders to solve the nation’s growing budget deficit.
“I am asking that all of us forego political contributions until the Congress and the President return to Washington and deliver a fiscally disciplined long-term debt and deficit plan to the American people,”

The heads of NASDA and the New York Stock Exchange has forwarded Schultz's plea to thousands of members.

Starbucks

I'm headed to Starbucks to say thank with a cup of java.

That's awesome and when it works everyone should then be able to see how much these corporations have influence over our politics.

Well, I usually brew my own, but honestly, when I buy it out, I do McDonald's. Hell, $.99 gets you a badass cup of Joe.

Chief Executive Officer Howard Schultz urged other CEOs to boycott donating to U.S. political campaigns to encourage leaders to solve the nation’s growing budget deficit.
“I am asking that all of us forego political contributions until the Congress and the President return to Washington and deliver a fiscally disciplined long-term debt and deficit plan to the American people,”

The heads of NASDA and the New York Stock Exchange has forwarded Schultz's plea to thousands of members.

Starbucks

I'm headed to Starbucks to say thank with a cup of java.

Perfection! =) That made my night. I truly hope others will follow suit.

I still couldn't buy their coffee...its terrible and way overpriced.

I agree, but there refillable aluminum cups are awesome.

I left my last one on the back of the truck. :(

Sounds like a good time to get a new one.

EDIT - Opps, they are stainless steel. The one's that open like this:

316145753_tp.jpg

Easier to clean, nothing for the coffee to get under.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back