Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

CWayne

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2019
Okay, I just returned from watching this.

The movie struck me as a bit disjointed in how it was put together and JJ Abrams tended to prop up some stuff by falling back on the old mythos. There were a few technical knocks too, but they were pretty minor in my opinion.

The story was, as you imagined, an ending of a 50-year-old story that has grown tired and very stale.

Having said that, I found it entertaining and fairly action-packed, even if it was a bit disjointed in execution.

The 'tear-jerker' scenes really weren't.

But there are some good twists to the plot (some hinted at, others not) and if they had some good writers, it could have been a top-notch movie.

I would only give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars.

I do recommend watching, however. Just be sure to pay the matinee price.

The movie struck me as a bit disjointed in how it was put together and JJ Abrams tended to prop up some stuff by falling back on the old mythos. There were a few technical knocks too, but they were pretty minor in my opinion.

The story was, as you imagined, an ending of a 50-year-old story that has grown tired and very stale.

Having said that, I found it entertaining and fairly action-packed, even if it was a bit disjointed in execution.

But there are some good twists to the plot (some hinted at, others not) and if they had some good writers, it could have been a top-notch movie.

" I found it entertaining and fairly action-packed, even if it was a bit disjointed in execution."

That's really all you had to say.

I for one can't wait to see it.

" I found it entertaining and fairly action-packed, even if it was a bit disjointed in execution."

That's really all you had to say.

I for one can't wait to see it.
I don't want to give out any spoilers, so yeah. I'm pretty much going to stick with that. lol

I hope you enjoy it. I wasn't disappointed with it.

FIFTY years?! What kind of math are you on?! Try again. I wouldn't trust a review for someone who can't count more than few dozen numbers in one direction or the other. The tear jerky scenes totally worked. All of which I was not prepared for. It was a rather good film to be honest.

I believe this movie was not only the worst Star Wars movie ever made, but one of the worst movies ever made in the 100 year history of cinema. It was like a roller coaster ride through hell.

Only one thing gives Skywalker a rise...

lukeleia.jpg

Forum List

Back