Stanford Study: Lockdowns Don't Help, Even though Conservatives Already Knew That

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
A study evaluating COVID-19 responses around the world found that mandatory lockdown orders early in the pandemic may not provide significantly more benefits to slowing the spread of the disease than other voluntary measures, such as social distancing or travel reduction.

Gosh, so many people economically punished and slammed by their own government leaders. Even after much of the science was convincing that this was the case, so much of the media, Democrat party, and leftist governors still refused to allow their citizens to freedom and liberty to conduct business for their own livelihood and pursuit of happiness.

I hope California, Michigan, New York, among others, are massively sued. For how sanctimonious they were, lecturing anyone who didn't wish to hibernate for 10 months as brainless wreckless people who don't care about killing grandma.. They need to be smacked.

They were dead wrong, they held onto being wrong, and will likely continue to inflict these harmful policies that aren't backed by science. Conservatives, we were right. Cuomo, Fauci, Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, Whitmer, and Newsome appear to be all quite wrong.

A study evaluating COVID-19 responses around the world found that mandatory lockdown orders early in the pandemic may not provide significantly more benefits to slowing the spread of the disease than other voluntary measures, such as social distancing or travel reduction.

Gosh, so many people economically punished and slammed by their own government leaders. Even after much of the science was convincing that this was the case, so much of the media, Democrat party, and leftist governors still refused to allow their citizens to freedom and liberty to conduct business for their own livelihood and pursuit of happiness.

I hope California, Michigan, New York, among others, are massively sued. For how sanctimonious they were, lecturing anyone who didn't wish to hibernate for 10 months as brainless wreckless people who don't care about killing grandma.. They need to be smacked.

They were dead wrong, they held onto being wrong, and will likely continue to inflict these harmful policies that aren't backed by science. Conservatives, we were right. Cuomo, Fauci, Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, Whitmer, and Newsome appear to be all quite wrong.

In order to stop a pandemic, it has to be done at the highest level. You can't piece meal it. The Playbook has already been written. It was written in 1918 from previous playbooks. What we've had is the highest level lying to you and you swallowing it. So we take the 1918/19 playbook.

If you refuse to mask up in public and not follow the other PPP rules then that's fine. A 500 dollar fine. If you can afford to pay that, fine. You want to stand there and play a Karen over it and refuse to either mask up or leave then here, another 500 dollar fine added to the other fines and other things you are going to get when they haul your "You can't tell me what to do" temper tantrum ass off. I am not wearing that mask to protect you, You are wearing that mask to protect me.

The other option is a complete shutdown and you honestly think that will make you feel any better? I prefer the mask in public and the 6 foot distancing and smaller gatherings over what YOU would end up getting us.

It's not decision.

In order to stop a pandemic, it has to be done at the highest level. You can't piece meal it. The Playbook has already been written. It was written in 1918 from previous playbooks. What we've had is the highest level lying to you and you swallowing it. So we take the 1918/19 playbook.

If you refuse to mask up in public and not follow the other PPP rules then that's fine. A 500 dollar fine. If you can afford to pay that, fine. You want to stand there and play a Karen over it and refuse to either mask up or leave then here, another 500 dollar fine added to the other fines and other things you are going to get when they haul your "You can't tell me what to do" temper tantrum ass off. I am not wearing that mask to protect you, You are wearing that mask to protect me.

The other option is a complete shutdown and you honestly think that will make you feel any better? I prefer the mask in public and the 6 foot distancing and smaller gatherings over what YOU would end up getting us.

It's not decision.

This isn't about masks. This is about government shutdowns.

It turns out Shutdowns are about as affective as a complete opening with social distancing and masks. Yet, our nation was gouged by iron-clad leftist politicians who condemned anyone who didn't gladly end their livelihoods. What a blunder. If they weren't supported by the Mainstream Media, they'd all be pressured to resign.

It would have been great if conservatives could have made this argument rationally, when it counted. Sadly, Trumpsters don't do anything rationally.

It would have been great if conservatives could have made this argument rationally, when it counted. Sadly, Trumpsters don't do anything rationally.

Many Conservatives absolutely did. If you were just on this flame-fest website and watching mainstream media, I don't blame you for missing it. Sadly, so many on the left were so busy wanting to prove Trump wrong that they ignored science to do it. Since Trump didn't roll over onto his belly immediately, it was important for the disease to be as bad as possible to combat him. The leftist governors would virtue signal how bad it was by taking extreme actions against their citizens. I mean, if we harm our populace, it must be necessary! Well, no, it turns out they were very wrong.

Think they should be sued? should they resign? Should they be tried for criminal actions?

It's not decision.

It turns out Shutdowns are about as affective as a complete opening with social distancing and masks. Yet, our nation was gouged by iron-clad leftist politicians who condemned anyone who didn't gladly end their livelihoods. What a blunder. If they weren't supported by the Mainstream Media, they'd all be pressured to resign.

TOTAL lunacy.

We see what people do when bars and restraunts and Trump rallies are fully open, THEY CROWD UP AND GET SICK. Look no further than what happened in FL vs NY, It's not exactly rocket science.

These statisticians can take their half backed comparos and shove it you know where.

The medical experts are now saying that only N95 masks are effective stopping transmission of covid-19.
All the other masks are useless, the same as not wearing any mask.
So how many lives were lost by NOT making N95 masks the standard?

The medical experts are now saying that only N95 masks are effective stopping transmission of covid-19.

Funny, that's not what I am hearing. And I have a couple or three N95 masks. But for my day to day travels I wear a cloth throwaway. The fact remains that either mask works as long as you are following the Protocols. And your Medical "Experts" need to stop sacrificing those chickens and go back to medical school.

It's not decision.

TOTAL lunacy.

We see what people do when bars and restraunts and Trump rallies are fully open, THEY CROWD UP AND GET SICK. Look no further than what happened in FL vs NY, It's not exactly rocket science.

These statisticians can take their half backed comparos and shove it you know where.
It's all about the morbility rates right ?? And didn't the rates tell us that shut downs were highly irrational and irresponsible ??? Not to politician's who never allow a good crisis to go to waste.

People got sick yes, but 90 or more percent of them survived with ease. Not allowing the human immune system to break it down was a mistake, because we might have been in the clear or getting into the clear by now. Yes protecting the vulnerable was a no brainier sure, but going after everyone to the point of destroying the economy was a political ploy or a last ditch effort to get Trump it seems. Maybe I'm wrong, but prove me wrong. Tell us about these morbility rates ?? Stay focused now.

Forcing sick people into quarantine was ok, and making sure they stayed there until clear was alright, but making people who aren't sick to comply with Draconian rules for fear of anything moving due to a virus was irrational thinking at it's highest levels.

Funny how the Democrat riots never recorded to this very day a spike in Covid cases to be mentioned by the lame stream media, but any gathering of conservatives for any cause was a super spreader. If that wasn't blatant political bullcrap at it's highest level, then it doesn't exist.

You can read the script even if you are a first grader and see through it all. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
I for one am sure glad they weren't made the standard... LOL.... Hard enough to wear mask now, let alone some kind of mask that restricts one even more from breathing freely. Especially these poor folks that have to wear them during their jobs all day.

Forum List

Back