'Stampede' Quitting NYPD Even Before Reaching Pension Status

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
More evidence of the Democrat's plan to keep making things worse in so many ways for so many Americans. Cloward-Piven on steroids.

New "voluntary quits" data shows New York Police Department officers are leaving the force in a "stampede," according to NYPD Police Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch.​
It is a flashing alarm on how bad it is to be a New York City police officer amid rising crime after years of social unrest and calls to defund the police, the New York Post reported.
There have been 2,465 NYPD officers leaving this year to date, a 42% increase from the 1,731 that left by August last year, pension fund data shows.​
More alarmingly, those leaving before reaching full pension at 20 years is up 71% (1,098) from this time last year (just 641).
Lynch took exception with the NYPD Chief of Department Kenneth Corey claiming the exodus is due to a large graduating class from the police academy.​
"We have had retirement waves caused by large academy classes before — they were nothing like this," Lynch told the post. "This exodus is the result of cops in the prime of their careers deciding they have had enough.​
"The NYPD should stop trying to explain this staffing crisis away, admit there's a problem and help us fix it."​
There have been almost 1,000 NYPD officers that have resigned or retired since the June report in the Post, including many giving up reaching 20 years for their pension benefits that could give them 50% of final three years' average salary.​
The Post cited "anti-cop hostility, bail reform, rising crime," and the now-paused vaccine mandate as the reasons for the mass resignations.​
"They are leaving for other opportunities where they’re paid better, treated better and have a better quality of life," Lynch told the Post.​
A 30-year-old Queens cop quit after just seven years on the job, citing the "oppressive work environment."​
"As soon as I left, I felt a huge weight off my shoulders," the officer, who only gave his name to the Post as Dave, said. "And the sad part is that the job doesn't need to be this way. I hear it all the time from friends who went to other police departments. They say, 'They treat me like an adult here.'"[/b]​

South MPLS residents in some neighborhoods are prisoners in their homes. If they leave they get robbed....stupid Police....yeah that's it. Probably take a decade for this to work itself out...if it does

Last edited:
South MPLS residents in some neighborhoods are prisoners in their homes. If they leave they get robbed....stupid Police....yeah that's it. Probably take a decade for this to work itself out...if it does

Minneapolis going the way of Newark. IOW, a dying city.

Studies show that when they allow what they allowed to happen with non-stop violence and rioting a city never recovers.

Minneapolis going the way of Newark. IOW, a dying city.

Studies show that when they allow what they allowed to happen with non-stop violence and rioting a city never recovers.
And they really aren't doing anything to stop it. Sheer volume of crime has increased vs a continually shrinking Force

Who said bad cops, derp?
If they're whimpering about "anti-cop sentiment", they're snowflake losers upset because they can't keep behaving badly.

If you're upset because such thugs are leaving ... good.

Oh, rural area crime has increased just as much, destroying your idiot theory about the cause of crime. But that's just reality, so it will trigger you as well.

If they're whimpering about "anti-cop sentiment", they're snowflake losers upset because they can't keep behaving badly.

If you're upset because such thugs are leaving ... good.

Oh, rural area crime has increased just as much, destroying your idiot theory about the cause of crime. But that's just reality, so it will trigger you as well.
~~~~~~
Don't forget to lock your doors before you go to sleep. If you have a home invasion before morning don't expect the police to answer your 911. You'll get a KMAMYOYO....

All the police everywhere are quitting? Really?
Indeed, LEO's are leaving cities like Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, St. Louis. Portland, Seattle and a plethora of other Blue Plantation Cities that have Soros funded District Attorneys

More evidence of the Democrat's plan to keep making things worse in so many ways for so many Americans. Cloward-Piven on steroids.

New "voluntary quits" data shows New York Police Department officers are leaving the force in a "stampede," according to NYPD Police Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch.​
It is a flashing alarm on how bad it is to be a New York City police officer amid rising crime after years of social unrest and calls to defund the police, the New York Post reported.
There have been 2,465 NYPD officers leaving this year to date, a 42% increase from the 1,731 that left by August last year, pension fund data shows.​
More alarmingly, those leaving before reaching full pension at 20 years is up 71% (1,098) from this time last year (just 641).
Lynch took exception with the NYPD Chief of Department Kenneth Corey claiming the exodus is due to a large graduating class from the police academy.​
"We have had retirement waves caused by large academy classes before — they were nothing like this," Lynch told the post. "This exodus is the result of cops in the prime of their careers deciding they have had enough.​
"The NYPD should stop trying to explain this staffing crisis away, admit there's a problem and help us fix it."​
There have been almost 1,000 NYPD officers that have resigned or retired since the June report in the Post, including many giving up reaching 20 years for their pension benefits that could give them 50% of final three years' average salary.​
The Post cited "anti-cop hostility, bail reform, rising crime," and the now-paused vaccine mandate as the reasons for the mass resignations.​
"They are leaving for other opportunities where they’re paid better, treated better and have a better quality of life," Lynch told the Post.​
A 30-year-old Queens cop quit after just seven years on the job, citing the "oppressive work environment."​
"As soon as I left, I felt a huge weight off my shoulders," the officer, who only gave his name to the Post as Dave, said. "And the sad part is that the job doesn't need to be this way. I hear it all the time from friends who went to other police departments. They say, 'They treat me like an adult here.'"[/b]​

They had enough
NYPD
It's doesn't matter when you can write your own ticket and work anywhere in the country

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Why does anything think that it's bad when bad cops quit?
From the link in the OP. “There have been 2,465 NYPD officers leaving this year to date,

So you believe ALL 2565 cops were bad?

When has the police ever protected anyone? Police show up AFTER a crime is committed.
Debatiung good and bad cops is important. But the elderly and those who cannot defend themselves are the ones who bear the brunt of the violence. They are between a rock and a hard place.

If you feel you are unable to do your job in a legal manner, you should quit.

Forum List

Back