Stage 3 liver Cancer

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
They took an Irishman friend of mine to the hospital 3 weeks ago. He was near death, dehydrated and overheated, with diabetes and COPD, the docs determined he also had Stage 3 liver cancer as well as fractured temporal bones in his head.

The docs and nurses at UPMC did a tremendous job, he is largely recovered pretty well, back up to his usual pain in the ass self. He knew about his sugar and COPD of course but the liver cancer was news to him. The docs say its basically inoperable.

He is now itching to leave the hospital, can he be in his usual rare form for St. Paddy's Day next spring?

They took an Irishman friend of mine to the hospital 3 weeks ago. He was near death, dehydrated and overheated, with diabetes and COPD, the docs determined he also had Stage 3 liver cancer as well as fractured temporal bones in his head.

The docs and nurses at UPMC did a tremendous job, he is largely recovered pretty well, back up to his usual pain in the ass self. He knew about his sugar and COPD of course but the liver cancer was news to him. The docs say its basically inoperable.

He is now itching to leave the hospital, can he be in his usual rare form for St. Paddy's Day next spring?
Glad to hear he's recovered and is following his doctor's advice.

He's got another stage to go, but it depends on how fast the cancer acts. Mine is supposedly fast acting and I'm at the final stage 4 but because of treatment its been like that for 6 years.

I wish him all the best, PP. At least he DID get better, that's a good sign.

He's got another stage to go, but it depends on how fast the cancer acts. Mine is supposedly fast acting and I'm at the final stage 4 but because of treatment its been like that for 6 years.
I wish you the best in your treatment, Oz.

It is a good sign. He went into the hospital basically comatose because of his sugar and dehydration.

And now he is moving right along, anxious to get back home. He really isn't that big a drinker, but he does like the ciggies.

Prayers up for your Irish friend, Polishprince. :hands:

It is a good sign. He went into the hospital basically comatose because of his sugar and dehydration.

And now he is moving right along, anxious to get back home. He really isn't that big a drinker, but he does like the ciggies.
That's wonderful to hear.

He should be taking milk thistle for his liver. I have seen how much good milk thistle does for many liver diseases. It's cheap and couldn't hurt anyway.

I wish you the best in your treatment, Oz.
Thank you - It's much appreciated!

Duke University was able to hold one of my cousins with pancreatic cancer at stage 4 for years. Of course the treatment took its own toll over time.

Yes likewise but I've been lucky in that my body is very resilient against the effects of chemotherapy having had 111
treatments over 6 years originally given only 6 months to live. I also have never had the treatment diluted which is needed by most people before they reach 20 treatments.
A great deal depends on were the cancer is, lung cancer being the worst, pancreatic not great either, though testicular has a 95% success rate from treatment. Also underlying problems, I didn't have any and never been on medication. A mates wife who got cancer of the liver some time after me but had crones disease could not handle the chemo and died. It also helps a great deal if you can adopt a positive outlook.

Yeah...cancers a real bitch.
I sure was happy when I found out mine was operable.
The recovery sucked but it sure sounds like chemo sucks even more.

Was the cancer localized or did it hit the lymph nodes ?

Forum List

Back