St. Louis Post-Dispatch calls Missouri's own Josh Hawley "Grossly unfit" to be president because of his position on Ukraine

i guarantee ya the Texas Tribune will endorse Ted Cruz and the Miami Herald will endorse Marco Rubio, my friends

hawley three-page letter to Secretary of State Antony Blinken:

excerpts:

There once was a time when Hawley had presidential aspirations, but a badly timed fist-pump on Jan. 6, 2021, along with his appeasing advocacy of Russian supremacy just about closes the lid on his presidential dreams. We thought Hawley should’ve resigned his Senate seat for his role in the Capitol insurrection, but the idea that the United States should kneel down to Russia over Ukraine underscores how grossly unfit Hawley is to continue in office.

Perhaps the young senator should be forgiven for his naivete regarding Russia. He wasn’t even born during the worst years of the Cold War, and he was still in diapers when Moscow invaded Afghanistan and dominated half of Europe. So he might not remember why containing Russian expansionism remains such a big deal for older Americans. Republicans these days seem averse to reading any history that makes them feel bad about themselves, which could explain why Hawley’s ignorance is so embarrassingly on display in Washington.

Hawley tweeted on Wednesday: “If Russia invades Ukraine, the Biden Administration can blame one person above all: Joe Biden. He’s given Putin his own slush fund in Nord Stream 2 and failed to aid Ukraine when he could have.”

Hawley describes Europe as a “secondary theater” and suggests that the only international situation worthy of administration attention is China. He outlined his limited understanding of world affairs in a three-page letter to Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Tuesday. White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Hawley was “parroting” Moscow’s talking points and “digesting Russian misinformation.”

China does, in fact, matter. But China isn’t amassing troops to invade and swallow up another country. Russia is — just like the Soviet Union did when Hawley was in diapers. But there we go again with all those historical facts that bring such discomfort to folks like Hawley.
Somebody actually gives a fuck about what an unknown op-ed writer for a dying newspaper says?

wow

We thought Hawley should’ve resigned his Senate seat for his role in the Capitol insurrection,
1647527627514.png

Are you familiar with Worthington, Missouri? I have a tenuous connection to it and always have been
curious about the place. It's probably just a wide spot in the road.
It's a little off the beaten path up there. I cross US-136 often which is just a little north of there. Lots of farming and ranching up there. A Google Street View car did go through there on the main road so you can see the outskirts on Google Maps. Looks like a typical small farming community... population 81.

It's a little off the beaten path up there. I cross US-136 often which is just a little north of there. Lots of farming and ranching up there. A Google Street View car did go through there on the main road so you can see the outskirts on Google Maps. Looks like a typical small farming community... population 81.

Thanks so much.

Forum List

Back