St. Louis couple defends their house from protestors, with guns. Do you support "stand your ground laws"?

Do you support "stand your ground laws"?

• Yes

Votes: 54 91.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters
... Will I need my gun in the future? I certainly hope not. But if I do, I'll be glad I had it.

... and shoot you into your own foot? Or your baby finds it and kills the own mother, your wife? And ... and ... and ... . If someone is weaponed, then he has also always to be aware someone else is able to kill him with the own weapon.

Unlike where you live, people here are very aware of safety precautions when using firearms.

That's a joke.

As a CCW holder, I've had 10 hours of class time, and 2 hours of range time before getting my license. There is nothing you can tell me about guns that I don't already know.

Guns are shit. Exploding shit. Exponentially exploding shit.

No, rounds (bullets) are exploding shit. Guns are merely the tool used to set off that explosion. In these firearms discussions, I often find evidence to conclude the anti-gun people are usually people that never shot a gun in their lives. They are simply scared of the unknown.

You sound like a drug addict or alcoholics. Most weapon addicts sound like drug addicts. No one needs to take drugs or weapons to find out that drugs or weapons are shit. It's the responsibility of the leaders of a community to take care that no one needs any weapon. And the best way to realize this is it to make very strict weapon laws.

Yeah..... no.

You're describing a prison warden.

Fuck that. We are free men.

... Will I need my gun in the future? I certainly hope not. But if I do, I'll be glad I had it.

... and shoot you into your own foot? Or your baby finds it and kills the own mother, your wife? And ... and ... and ... . If someone is weaponed, then he has also always to be aware someone else is able to kill him with the own weapon.

Unlike where you live, people here are very aware of safety precautions when using firearms.

That's a joke.

As a CCW holder, I've had 10 hours of class time, and 2 hours of range time before getting my license. There is nothing you can tell me about guns that I don't already know.

No, rounds (bullets) are exploding shit. Guns are merely the tool used to set off that explosion. In these firearms discussions, I often find evidence to conclude the anti-gun people are usually people that never shot a gun in their lives. They are simply scared of the unknown.

You sound like a drug addict or alcoholics. Most weapon addicts sound like drug addicts. No one needs to take drugs or weapons to find out that drugs or weapons are shit. It's the responsibility of the leaders of a community to take care that no one needs any weapon. And the best way to realize this is it to make very strict weapon laws.

Yeah..... no.

I doubt that you are a free man. You don't sound like a free man. You sound like a "we" man.

Last edited:

That's a joke.

Yeah..... no.

I doubt that you are a free man. You don't sound like a free man. You sound like a "we".

I'm a Heathen outlaw biker combat vet who has probably killed more people than you've fucked in your whole life.

I am as free as a man can be, and I will be until the day I die.

That's a joke.

Yeah..... no.

I doubt that you are a free man. You don't sound like a free man. You sound like a "we".

I'm a Heathen outlaw biker combat vet who has probably killed more people than you've fucked in your whole life.

You are a lost soul? I'm astonished. Btw: I never "fucked" anyone in my life.

Hmm ... What could be your chance? How are you able to see your chance? ... Perhaps you should try to ask a priest of the holy catholic church, where your chance could be not to have to die the second death.

Last edited:
I feel so sorry for that couple.

They were terrified when they saw those protesters on their private road.

I have just read that the district attorney (or whatever title it is in St. Louis) is thinking of charging the couple with a criminal offense.

I hear that violent crime in certain parts of that city is out of sight. But the district attorney has time to charge a couple who were simply defending their home.

Of course, if they are brought to trial, they will be found guilty and thrown into jail. Many of the potential jurors in St. Louis are supporters of that "movement" (the three initials of which I refuse to say/write).

These are truly terrible times in our country. The good are considered bad, and the bad are considered "victims."

The point of this thread is to show that you do have the right to defend your life and property, especially in "stand your ground" states. If the St. Louis AG charges the couple with a "crime" the state or other courts would not let it go to trial. I'd even hope that the AG would be arrested for abuse of power.
First of all, the couple are both attorneys and the DA is doing this for publicly. It's a political circus and all of them know it. Unfortunately, it's gonna cost that couple some big money, unless it's dropped, which it should be. Second, I definitely support the Castle Doctrine, since I had to use it myself. It was an unfortunate experience, however lucky for me, I had documented everything that had been going on with this individual for several months prior to the incident. Regardless of documentation or not, I was still protected under the Castle Doctrine and was very pleased when one of the officers (Latino male, Im a white female) reaffirmed the reasons for it. It is NOT a pleasurable experience having to do something like that, however, my home and children come 1st. This has been several years ago, btw.

That's a joke.

Yeah..... no.

Hmm ... What could be your chance? How are you able to see your chance? ... Perhaps you should try to ask a priest of the holy catholic church, where your chance could be not to have to die the second death.

What part of "Heathen" and "freyasman" do you not understand?

Don't tell me bullshit.

It's not bullshit.

What a bullshit. What you "believe" has to be real and to be plausible in such a case - otherwise every jugde will think you are a liar. No one has any "license to kill", also not agent 007.

It's not a license to kill, it's a license to use deadly force against a potential attack. Need me to link our laws for you? I'll be happy to do it. I'm a licensed CCW carrier, and I do know the laws very well.

I do not try to speak about Trump. Meanwhile Trump is in my eyes only a criminal idiot any longer and it helps no one anything what this man says nor what are the answers on his stupidities. So I changed this first draft. You answered before I finished the text. Read again what I wrote.

Well you did speak of Trump and that's why I responded with Trump. I'm sorry, but it's very difficult to understand what you are writing about. Your translation program is not very good.

You have NO RIGHT to use deadly force unless threatened with deadly force. You need to LEARN the laws of self defence.
Talking out your lying ass again...
"A stand-your-ground law (sometimes called "line in the sand" or "no duty to retreat" law) provides that people may use lethal force to defend themselves or others (right of self-defense) against threats or reasonably perceived threats, regardless of whether they can safely retreat from the situation. Under such a law, people have no duty to retreat from any place where they have a lawful right to be[1] and may use any necessary force if they reasonably believe they are in imminent danger of death, serious bodily harm, kidnapping, rape, or (in some jurisdictions) robbery or some other serious crimes. The exact details vary by jurisdiction. "

That's idiotic. No one is per se innocent. I remember an US-American, who had murdered a German exchange student some long years ago, because the student had entered his garage. An irreplaceable loss. I was astonished how many US-Americans think everyone has the right to murder someone, who enters their house. But this murderer is in jail now for the rest of his life. I remember in this context for example someone, who had a car accident. This was in the USA. Another car driver stopped and liked to help him. The idiot murdered the helping person by saying something like he thought he likes to use his helpless situation for to do a crime. A very bad thing happened once in Germany here. A man saw a teenager at a railway station, who was sad, and asked "What's wrong, may I help?" - the teenager murdered him.

Then you wonder why we carry guns here?

A gun is a thing, which throws little pieces of metal with a very high speed through the air. If someone takes not care such pieces of metal are able to hurt a living organism - in worst case someone dies, because of the use of such toys. I think to use guns is a boring and stupid game from idiots for idiots.

That toy may save my life someday, so this idiot will always keep his.

How long have you owned this gun? You say it "may" save your life "someday" which implies you've never needed it. Do you think maybe, you don't need this gun, but you got snookered into buying one because of right wing fear and paranoia.

I cannot tell you how many times people on this board have told me I "need" a gun to protect myself. I'm 71 years old and I have never "needed" a gun in my life. I used to play poker in Toronto in underground rooms and hung out with pretty dodgy people in my time, so it's not like I lived this pristine "church lady" life that never exposed me to any dangers.

You people have sold your souls to the NRA, and what did you get in return? 35,000 shootings deaths every year. 1000 children gunned killed by guns every year. More mass shootings than the rest of the world combined.

Gun violence costs your economy $229 billion per year:

This is a piece from the Globe and Mail in Toronto on the economic costs of gun violence in Canada. Canada's population is 1/10th that of the US. If you factor in the population differences, the economic cost of gun violence in Canada is $3 billion, compared to $299 billion for the USA.

Since Americans don't care about the bloodshed, or the children dying, let's point out the ONLY thing that matters to Americans. The cost to the economy.

$229 billion per year, is what your obsession with guns costs. Is it worth it?

Do you have kids? I do. Have you lived in a neighborhood were drive-by shootings occurred?(and honey, making guns illegal won't stop the criminals, it NEVER DOES) I have. Have you ever had to defend yourself or been threatened and used the Castle Doctrine? I have. And to answer your question...it's definitely WORTH IT. Please educate yourself, and heck, go to the shooting range and learn something. I bet $ your views will change. Good luck!

That's a joke.

Yeah..... no.

I guess you use some brainwashed cliches from the 19th and 20th century about this what you think what "pagan" or "heathen" could be. But I'm not able to discuss now in the internet about your essential problems. This would be like to discuss with a one-eyed and one-armed climber in a steep face. You have to find your way.

Last edited:

That's a joke.

Yeah..... no.

I guess you use some brainwashed cliches from the 19th and 20th century about this what you think what "pagan" or "heathen" could be. But I'm not able to discuss now in the internet about your essential problems. This would be like to discuss with a one-eyed and one-armed climber in a steep face. You have to find your way.

I think you're pretty fucked in the head and not nearly as smart as you wish you were.

That's a joke.

Yeah..... no.

I think you're pretty fucked in the head and not nearly as smart as you wish you were.

no comment

Don't tell me bullshit.

It's not bullshit.

What a bullshit. What you "believe" has to be real and to be plausible in such a case - otherwise every jugde will think you are a liar. No one has any "license to kill", also not agent 007.

It's not a license to kill, it's a license to use deadly force against a potential attack. Need me to link our laws for you? I'll be happy to do it. I'm a licensed CCW carrier, and I do know the laws very well.

I do not try to speak about Trump. Meanwhile Trump is in my eyes only a criminal idiot any longer and it helps no one anything what this man says nor what are the answers on his stupidities. So I changed this first draft. You answered before I finished the text. Read again what I wrote.

Well you did speak of Trump and that's why I responded with Trump. I'm sorry, but it's very difficult to understand what you are writing about. Your translation program is not very good.

You have NO RIGHT to use deadly force unless threatened with deadly force. You need to LEARN the laws of self defence.
"A stand-your-ground law (sometimes called "line in the sand" or "no duty to retreat" law) provides that people may use lethal force to defend themselves or others (right of self-defense) against threats or reasonably perceived threats, regardless of whether they can safely retreat from the situation. Under such a law, people have no duty to retreat from any place where they have a lawful right to be[1] and may use any necessary force if they reasonably believe they are in imminent danger of death, serious bodily harm, kidnapping, rape, or (in some jurisdictions) robbery or some other serious crimes. The exact details vary by jurisdiction. "

That's idiotic. No one is per se innocent. I remember an US-American, who had murdered a German exchange student some long years ago, because the student had entered his garage. An irreplaceable loss. I was astonished how many US-Americans think everyone has the right to murder someone, who enters their house. But this murderer is in jail now for the rest of his life. I remember in this context for example someone, who had a car accident. This was in the USA. Another car driver stopped and liked to help him. The idiot murdered the helping person by saying something like he thought he likes to use his helpless situation for to do a crime. A very bad thing happened once in Germany here. A man saw a teenager at a railway station, who was sad, and asked "What's wrong, may I help?" - the teenager murdered him.
I don't understand were the relations are with these examples. So one guy was jailed because he shot and killed a guy for trespassing? What state was this in and there were probably more circumstances. (Yes, there has been cases of people who were not protected by the Castle Doctrine, due to the circumstances. ) The person killing the "Good Samaritan " sounds like a downright criminal, along with the train station kid.
Regardless, another MAIN REASON for citizens to have their 2nd Amendment rights, is to protect themselves against a TYRANNICAL GOVERNMENT. If you'll look back in history, (Russia, Cambodia, China, Turkey, Uganda and so on..) when the people were disarmed by their government, the act of genocide quickly followed. No matter what gun control laws are made or even abolishing guns, that will not stop criminals from being criminals. Crime will only increase, while public safety will decrease.

I have just read that the district attorney (or whatever title it is in St. Louis) is thinking of charging the couple with a criminal offense.

I hear that violent crime in certain parts of that city is out of sight. But the district attorney has time to charge a couple who were simply defending their home.

Of course, if they are brought to trial, they will be found guilty and thrown into jail. Many of the potential jurors in St. Louis are supporters of that "movement" (the three initials of which I refuse to say/write).

These are truly terrible times in our country. The good are considered bad, and the bad are considered "victims."

The point of this thread is to show that you do have the right to defend your life and property, especially in "stand your ground" states. If the St. Louis AG charges the couple with a "crime" the state or other courts would not let it go to trial. I'd even hope that the AG would be arrested for abuse of power.
First of all, the couple are both attorneys and the DA is doing this for publicly. It's a political circus and all of them know it. Unfortunately, it's gonna cost that couple some big money, unless it's dropped, which it should be. Second, I definitely support the Castle Doctrine, since I had to use it myself. It was an unfortunate experience, however lucky for me, I had documented everything that had been going on with this individual for several months prior to the incident. Regardless of documentation or not, I was still protected under the Castle Doctrine and was very pleased when one of the officers (Latino male, Im a white female) reaffirmed the reasons for it. It is NOT a pleasurable experience having to do something like that, however, my home and children come 1st. This has been several years ago, btw.
Welcome to the USMB!! I see you're a newbie. It won't take you long to be able do a thumbnail of all the posters here.

Thank you for affirming the necessity of the 2nd Amendment and the "Castle Doctrine".
I'm very relieved that you are okay now. Your defensive actions were absolutely necessary to protect you and your family.

The McClosky's Law Firm should cover their legal expenses "gratis", just to stuff Kim Gardner and protect the McClosky's legal defensive actions.

Welcome to the USMB!! I see you're a newbie. It won't take you long to be able do a thumbnail of all the posters here.

Thank you for affirming the necessity of the 2nd Amendment and the "Castle Doctrine".
I'm very relieved that you are okay now. Your defensive actions were absolutely necessary to protect you and your family.

The McClosky's Law Firm should cover their legal expenses "gratis", just to stuff Kim Gardner and protect the McClosky's legal defensive actions.
It's ridiculous that it's happening at all. Sounds like an illegal seizure, warrant or not.

Don't tell me bullshit.

It's not bullshit.

Then you wonder why we carry guns here?

A gun is a thing, which throws little pieces of metal with a very high speed through the air. If someone takes not care such pieces of metal are able to hurt a living organism - in worst case someone dies, because of the use of such toys. I think to use guns is a boring and stupid game from idiots for idiots.

That toy may save my life someday, so this idiot will always keep his.

How long have you owned this gun? You say it "may" save your life "someday" which implies you've never needed it. Do you think maybe, you don't need this gun, but you got snookered into buying one because of right wing fear and paranoia.

I cannot tell you how many times people on this board have told me I "need" a gun to protect myself. I'm 71 years old and I have never "needed" a gun in my life. I used to play poker in Toronto in underground rooms and hung out with pretty dodgy people in my time, so it's not like I lived this pristine "church lady" life that never exposed me to any dangers.

You people have sold your souls to the NRA, and what did you get in return? 35,000 shootings deaths every year. 1000 children gunned killed by guns every year. More mass shootings than the rest of the world combined.

Gun violence costs your economy $229 billion per year:

This is a piece from the Globe and Mail in Toronto on the economic costs of gun violence in Canada. Canada's population is 1/10th that of the US. If you factor in the population differences, the economic cost of gun violence in Canada is $3 billion, compared to $299 billion for the USA.

Since Americans don't care about the bloodshed, or the children dying, let's point out the ONLY thing that matters to Americans. The cost to the economy.

$229 billion per year, is what your obsession with guns costs. Is it worth it?

Do you have kids? I do. Have you lived in a neighborhood were drive-by shootings occurred?(and honey, making guns illegal won't stop the criminals, it NEVER DOES) I have. Have you ever had to defend yourself or been threatened and used the Castle Doctrine? I have. And to answer your question...it's definitely WORTH IT. Please educate yourself, and heck, go to the shooting range and learn something. I bet $ your views will change. Good luck!

Since you're new to this form, I have to tell you ahead of time that Dragonlady is from Commie Canada, where their (as near as I could find) black population less is than 3%, and a Hispanic population of less than 2%. These are the two groups that are rated for the most violent crime in the US. Much of their minority community is Asians, who are virtually not a problem anywhere they live.

That's a joke.

Not in this country it isn't. In yours, perhaps.

Leaders and police are only helpful after the crime, not during or before it. If you strip guns away from our society, the criminals will not only never give theirs up, they will get more, just like they do with drugs that are a plague in our country.

Over here, some groups of people have no fear of prison. In fact, it's a badge of honor for them. This is an American term called Street Cred. It means street credibility. Their peers consider them bad asses for being an ex-con if or when they get out of prison.

During the last Holiday weekend, which is July 4th here, referred to us as Independence Day, one of our largest cities, Chicago, had over 100 shootings that resulted in a dozen deaths, including a 3 year old child. Now you tell me people there have no need for a gun. In my city, Cleveland, we had over 20 shootings that resulted in 3 deaths on that weekend alone. You think my desire to stay alive is a gun fetish?

Don't tell me bullshit.

It's not bullshit.

I don't understand were the relations are with these examples. So one guy was jailed because he shot and killed a guy for trespassing? What state was this in and there were probably more circumstances.

Trespassing? You think really it is not murder if someone kills someone else because of trespassing? This sounds totally mad in my ears.

(Yes, there has been cases of people who were not protected by the Castle Doctrine, due to the circumstances. ) The person killing the "Good Samaritan " sounds like a downright criminal, along with the train station kid. Regardless, another MAIN REASON for citizens to have their 2nd Amendment rights, is to protect themselves against a TYRANNICAL GOVERNMENT.

How many US-Americans did try to assassinate the tyrant Donald Trump up to now? I guess you speak here about a not existing pseudo excuse.

If you'll look back in history, (Russia, Cambodia, China, Turkey, Uganda and so on..) when the people were disarmed by their government, the act of genocide quickly followed.

What a bullshit. I guess the main reason for the legalized weapon fetishism of the people in the USA were the genocides on Red Indians.

No matter what gun control laws are made or even abolishing guns, that will not stop criminals from being criminals. Crime will only increase, while public safety will decrease.

What's just simple wrong. For example nearly never a criminal shoots down a policeman down in Germany - and very seldom a policeman has to shoot down a criminal.

Last edited:

That's a joke.

Not in this country it isn't. In yours, perhaps.

Leaders and police are only helpful after the crime, not during or before it.

Strange. "Prevention" is one of the most important things.

If you strip guns away from our society, the criminals will not only never give theirs up, they will get more, just like they do with drugs that are a plague in our country.

Over here, some groups of people have no fear of prison. In fact, it's a badge of honor for them. This is an American term called Street Cred. It means street credibility. Their peers consider them bad asses for being an ex-con if or when they get out of prison.

During the last Holiday weekend, which is July 4th here, referred to us as Independence Day, one of our largest cities, Chicago, had over 100 shootings that resulted in a dozen deaths, including a 3 year old child. Now you tell me people there have no need for a gun. In my city, Cleveland, we had over 20 shootings that resulted in 3 deaths on that weekend alone. You think my desire to stay alive is a gun fetish?

Yes. What about to organize the complete destruction of all private guns in Cleveland?

The "discussion" is meanwhile by the way miles far from the both criminals who tried to provoke a tragedy with their guns in public and showed very clear with their behavior that they were not qualified to own any weapon license.

Last edited:

Yes it is, but if somebody is going to put gun to your head or knife to your belly to rob you, what does one do to prevent that except carry a firearm?

Yes. What about to organize the complete destruction of all private guns in Cleveland?

The "discussion" is meanwhile by the way miles far from the both criminals who tried to provoke a tragedy with their guns in public and showed very clear with their behavior that they were not qualified to own any weapon license.

We have programs once a year or so for people to turn in their guns, no questions asked, to be melted down. The people just get more. If you look at our crime statistics by area, many of the serious violent crimes take place in cities or states with the strictest firearms laws. Since I brought up Chicago, that's a perfect example. They have been anti-gun for years, and created laws to deter people from owning one.

The guns criminals use are usually illegal. Criminals don't want a weapon that can be traced back to them. So they buy their guns off the street which are usually stolen from homes or gun shops. Plus, it's illegal for any convicted felon to own a firearm, and many criminals are already a convicted felon. They simply don't obey the law.

Yes it is, but if somebody is going to put gun to your head or knife to your belly to rob you, what does one do to prevent that except carry a firearm?

We have programs once a year or so for people to turn in their guns, no questions asked, to be melted down. The people just get more. If you look at our crime statistics by area, many of the serious violent crimes take place in cities or states with the strictest firearms laws. Since I brought up Chicago, that's a perfect example. They have been anti-gun for years, and created laws to deter people from owning one.

The guns criminals use are usually illegal. Criminals don't want a weapon that can be traced back to them. So they buy their guns off the street which are usually stolen from homes or gun shops. Plus, it's illegal for any convicted felon to own a firearm, and many criminals are already a convicted felon. They simply don't obey the law.

"Thousand drinks, thousand reasons"

New Topics

Forum List

Back