Spurs pull no punches in series-clincher against Suns

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
SAN ANTONIO -- It was as ruthlessly artistic as the finest victories of Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson and Joe Louis. The San Antonio Spurs physically hemmed in their younger, more athletically dangerous opponents, frustrated them with muscle and guile and then with meticulous accuracy knocked out the Phoenix Suns with a 114-106 victory in Game 6 of their Western conference semifinal Friday.

more ...http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/ian_thomsen/05/19/suns.spurs/index.html?cnn=yes

:eusa_boohoo: :eusa_boohoo: :eusa_boohoo:

:party:

I don't watch sports much at all and never basketball, but I know about this series, these guys did not deserve to win. I hope they lose the next series.

I don't watch sports much at all and never basketball, but I know about this series, these guys did not deserve to win. I hope they lose the next series.

:lol:

The Spurs are the better team, and contrary to media politicking by opposition players and sometimes coaches, the Spurs players have as much class as any of the best.

:lol:

The Spurs are the better team, and contrary to media politicking by opposition players and sometimes coaches, the Spurs players have as much class as any of the best.
Talent wise I thought the Suns were a better team. The Suns were just outcoached and outplayed. The Spurs played tougher and had more heart. I think they'll get past Utah and I'm looking forward to a Spurs-Pistons rematch. Without Wallace in the middle, I don't think Detroit can stop Duncan. Neither Webber or Mohammed will be able to contain him.

Robert Horry's check on Nash was totally unclassy and a cheap shot but it was very well calculated. That's what playoff basketball is all about. I didn't see Phoenix crying when Raja clotheslined Kobe. During the post season you have to have that killer instinct- crybabies can go home and cry. Horry's crunchtime clutch and intangibles are invaluable and his presence makes him one of the best playoff players of all time.

Talent wise I thought the Suns were a better team. The Suns were just outcoached and outplayed. The Spurs played tougher and had more heart. I think they'll get past Utah and I'm looking forward to a Spurs-Pistons rematch. Without Wallace in the middle, I don't think Detroit can stop Duncan. Neither Webber or Mohammed will be able to contain him.

Robert Horry's check on Nash was totally unclassy and a cheap shot but it was very well calculated. That's what playoff basketball is all about. I didn't see Phoenix crying when Raja clotheslined Kobe. During the post season you have to have that killer instinct- crybabies can go home and cry. Horry's crunchtime clutch and intangibles are invaluable and his presence makes him one of the best playoff players of all time.

IMO, the were outplayed as well. When Stoudamire and Nash were taken out of the game, the Suns didn't have much of a team. As a "team," the Spurs are more solid

Rule #1 for a Spurs fan ... NEVER count the Spurs in.:lol:

I only saw the replay of Horry's foul, but not went on leading up to it. I DO know the Suns whined about the Spurs being "dirty," but Manu Ginobili is the one that went home with a shiner Mike Tyson would've been proud of.

I thought the Pistons were going to destroy the Cavs and give Lebron some more growing pains. Man, was I wrong. Looks like our boy's all grown up. Not only did Lebron put the Cavs on his back and take them to the title game but he just became the new face of the league. I expect this series to be marketed as the changing of the guard and the media and the NBA pulling for Lebron and the Cavs while billing it a "passing the torch" matchup.

Milt (Omaha): You have to say the Spurs had the easiest road to the Finals. The Denver McNuggets, they Horry-ed themselves past the Suns, and then they were lucky enough to get the Jazz since the Mavs choked. Now, they get the Cavs!!! What are your thoughts, John?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (2:16 PM ET ) Um, hello! The CAVS had the easiest road to the Finals. This is the fourth-best team San Antonio has faced in the postseason. Sorry.

:badgrin: :badgrin:

Hollinger's an idiot but that shit's funny... And he's right for once!

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=16069

Because a Cavs free throw fest (similar to Free Throw Fest 2006) is the only way in hell they'll beat the Spurs.

Most people here (I live in SA) seem to think the same. I'm in the minority. I'd have preferred the Pistons. Veteran teams are predictable, playing more on skill less on emotion.

The Spurs are one such team. And the Cavs just beat one.

I thought the Pistons were going to destroy the Cavs and give Lebron some more growing pains. Man, was I wrong. Looks like our boy's all grown up. Not only did Lebron put the Cavs on his back and take them to the title game but he just became the new face of the league. I expect this series to be marketed as the changing of the guard and the media and the NBA pulling for Lebron and the Cavs while billing it a "passing the torch" matchup.

OV-ER-RA-TED!

*CLAP - CLAP - CLAP CLAP CLAP*

OV-ER-RA-TED!

*CLAP - CLAP - CLAP CLAP CLAP*

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Witness... LeBron shooting an airball... Freethrow... In the finals :eusa_dance:

Witness... The largest halftime deficit in NBA history :badgrin:

Everyone bow down to King James :bowdown:

Seriously - time to eliminate the current playoff structure and re-seed after every round. The East SUCKS and having to watch a second-tier team like the Cavs playing in the finals is painful. The real championship series was Phx/SA. That's the matchup we should be watching now.

Meant to write "NBA FINALS history" above, and it may have been second greatest. But who cares - still pretty funny.

And... Can LeBron get a witness?

Game 1 of Cavs-Spurs draws lowest prime time rating ever

NEW YORK -- Game 1 of the NBA Finals drew the lowest rating ever for an opening-game in prime time, dropping 19 percent from last year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?id=2898196

We are all NOT witnesses... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I saw someone with a sign at one of the spurs games, something to the effect of: Lebron may be the King, but Tim is the Lord of the Rings. :rofl:
Thats all she wrote!

New Topics

Forum List

Back