spring = tics... let review the subject quickly

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
how to remove a tick:

Tick Removal: A Step-by-Step Guide

myself ...i do this failed jumping jack while screaming....get it off me....get it off me...i do that until someone gets it off me...

and the spotted fever:

Symptoms
Symptoms usually develop about 2 to 14 days after the tick bite. They may include:

Chills
Fever
Severe headache
Muscle pain
Mental confusion
Rash -- usually starts a few days after the fever; first appears on wrists and ankles as spots that are 1 - 5 mm in diameter, then spreads to most of the body. About one-third of infected people do not get a rash at all.
Additional symptoms that may be associated with this disease:

Abnormal sensitivity to light
Diarrhea
Excessive thirst
Hallucinations
Loss of appetite
Nausea
Vomiting

https://health.google.com/health/ref/Rocky+Mountain+spotted+fever

and the up and coming new disease:

Lyme disease affects different areas of the body in varying degrees as it progresses. The site where the tick bites the body is where the bacteria enter through the skin. As the bacteria spread in the skin away from the initial tick bite, the infection causes an expanding reddish rash that is often associated with "flu-like" symptoms. Later, it can produce abnormalities in the joints, heart, and nervous system

Lyme Disease - What are symptoms and signs of Lyme disease on MedicineNet

There are positives and negatives to everything. You get to live in the woods with lots of deer, you have tics.

I like the forest too. So I watch nature films on you tube.

We don't have them here in Oregon yet. I don't know why.

I think they don't do well in the cold.

I've already had Lymes Disease twice....Ticks are a fact of life around here

how to remove a tick:

Tick Removal: A Step-by-Step Guide

myself ...i do this failed jumping jack while screaming....get it off me....get it off me...i do that until someone gets it off me...
and the spotted fever:

Symptoms
Symptoms usually develop about 2 to 14 days after the tick bite. They may include:

Chills
Fever
Severe headache
Muscle pain
Mental confusion
Rash -- usually starts a few days after the fever; first appears on wrists and ankles as spots that are 1 - 5 mm in diameter, then spreads to most of the body. About one-third of infected people do not get a rash at all.
Additional symptoms that may be associated with this disease:

Abnormal sensitivity to light
Diarrhea
Excessive thirst
Hallucinations
Loss of appetite
Nausea
Vomiting

https://health.google.com/health/ref/Rocky+Mountain+spotted+fever

and the up and coming new disease:

Lyme disease affects different areas of the body in varying degrees as it progresses. The site where the tick bites the body is where the bacteria enter through the skin. As the bacteria spread in the skin away from the initial tick bite, the infection causes an expanding reddish rash that is often associated with "flu-like" symptoms. Later, it can produce abnormalities in the joints, heart, and nervous system

Lyme Disease - What are symptoms and signs of Lyme disease on MedicineNet

:lol: me too!!! (you are always good for a laugh in the morning, lady. Thank you for your wonderful sense of humor!)

the most overlooked areas that ticks like to attach are the belly button and underarm areas(really) so be sure to remember these areas when looking for them......

I know somebody who died as a result of a tick. He became very ill and went to the hospital and was admitted. They couldn't find anything that was causing his illness. Then, just shortly before his death they found a tick that had embedded itself and was hidden by his beard. This happened about 8 years ago.

all joking aside...tick carried stuff can be more than serious and if you fuck off and dont take care of it...you can have a life time of misery....

da man had spotted fever...i thought it was heat stroke and shove his ass in a cold shower....took temps after that and they were rising shoved him back in and told him to quit his fucking whining...his temp was still rising...that is when i got scared and ask about tick bites..he had one 3 days before and he had the rash on his ankles....took him hours to stop shivering...i felt bad

There are positives and negatives to everything. You get to live in the woods with lots of deer, you have tics.

I like the forest too. So I watch nature films on you tube.

We don't have them here in Oregon yet. I don't know why.

I think they don't do well in the cold.

Baruch, you are so wrong. Eastern Oregon is alive with ticks. I have picked many off of myself, and had many bites. A cousin nearly died of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.

And the worse place for them that I have been in routinely saw -40 F. every winter.

Bones is correct to post this warning, ticks are not a joke.

Bones,

So I've been having this weird sensation in my throat. (kind of like the tingling when you hit your funny bone) anyway, I did a quick google search and I found this board. I laughed so hard reading the few post and immediately thought of you.

You must read, lol

Weird Throat sensation - Grasscity.com Forums

Uncle Ferd goin' after possum with the flea an' tick powder...
:eusa_eh:
Farm virus linked to ticks
Saturday 27th July, 2013 > New research suggests a farm-linked disease can be transmitted to people by ticks.
The Heartland virus had been a mystery disease first identified last year in two Missouri farms. The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene has now attached the virus to the list of tick-borne illnesses.

Last year, researchers sequenced the virus found in two men who had been on the farms. The disease had not previously been identified. It resembled another tick-borne pathogen called SFTS virus, which had been identified in China as a fatal disease.

The men infected with the Heartland virus recovered after 10 to 12 days in the hospital. Ticks are also know to spread Lyme Disease, which has similar symptoms to the Heartland virus.

Source

While you're doing those jumping jacks 'bones..

I found it helps to put this song on play before ya start... Listening to it makes ya laugh..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G--JyVxZmGQ]Ticks By Brad Paisley With Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

I know -- it's Country.. If you really can't do it.. Skip to about 1:20

Last edited:
No ticks, but I got leeches in the creek.

Parasitica3.gif

Placobdella Parasitica, often called "turtle leech". They are daylight-shy, which is good, as I don't play in the creek at night. I'll find them attached under a flat rock, or on a turtle.

I got bit by one of these the other day. Jumping spider.

042-19-DaringJumpingSpider.jpg

Looks worse than it is, because it's less than an inch long. Felt like a sting. I grabbed the broom to sweep the patio, and it was on the broom handle. I saw it run off. Not a brown recluse or black widow, so not a big deal, but still a major "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH" factor. And I haven't developed any superpowers, dangit. Just two fang marks that itch a lot now.

New Topics

Forum List

Back