Sports Question of the Day

Skeptic1959

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2020
"Of all sports, what is the most amazing moment (s) you have ever witnessed?"

For me, was at Super Bowl XLIII so it would be Santonio Holmes' game winning touchdown catch. How he kept his toes in the end zone was unreal! The pass from Big Ben was picture perfect!

A runner up might be watching Thomas "Hit Man" Hearns knocking out Roberto Duran cold. I never thought I'd see "Hands of Stone" put to sleep.

One for the road would be any Evil Knieval jump. That man had nerves of steel. He was said to have broken every bone in his body at one time or another.

The 2011 NBA Finals (my Dallas Mavs) - Game 2. Down by about 17 with 6 minutes left in the 4th Quarter, on the road. Was an amazing comeback...historic.

Undertaker chokeslamming Mankind through the top of the Hell in the Cell.

Mankind, BTW, recovered and finished the match (although the dead man did win)

"Of all sports, what is the most amazing moment (s) you have ever witnessed?"

For me, was at Super Bowl XLIII so it would be Santonio Holmes' game winning touchdown catch. How he kept his toes in the end zone was unreal! The pass from Big Ben was picture perfect!

A runner up might be watching Thomas "Hit Man" Hearns knocking out Roberto Duran cold. I never thought I'd see "Hands of Stone" put to sleep.

One for the road would be any Evil Knieval jump. That man had nerves of steel. He was said to have broken every bone in his body at one time or another.

Steelers_Prayer.jpg

If witnessed live on television then I have to go with the one that's most out of the ordinary. A Jay Bell 6th inning grand slam for the Diamondbacks some 20 years ago. For each Sunday home game that season one fan had opportunity to pick a Diamondback player and the inning that player would hit a grand slam. If it came through, it was a $1million for the fan. When Jay Bell came up and he and everybody in the stadium and watching on TV knew the situation....

Witnessed in person, I haven't much of a selection and would go with seeing Arizona Cardinals' Aeneas Williams recover a Redskins fumble and return it 104 yards for a touchdown back in 2000 at a game I took the kids to. Probably most significent about the TD was that Sunday's win was credited with helping pass the new stadium vote that took place a couple of days later. In those years any Cardinals win was a giant boost in spirits for this area's football fans.

I was lucky enough to be in the arena to witness this. I was 17, and my Dad had just won "Driver of the Year" honors for 1979 from Exxon Corp.

Along with a $25,000 award, a silver platter and a Rolex watch, Dad was invited by Cliff Garvin, then Exxon Chairman and CEO, to attend the game with him. Mom didn't make the trip from Long Island, but my brother and I went with my Dad.

I'm almost 59 years old and, if I live another 59 years, I can't imagine witnessing anything more thrilling, nerve-wracking and exciting than that one hockey game...

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to be in the arena to witness this. I was 17, and my Dad had just won "Driver of the Year" honors for 1979 from Exxon Corp.

Along with a $25,000 award, a silver platter and a Rolex watch, Dad was invited by Cliff Garvin, then Exxon Chairman and CEO, to attend the game with him. Mom didn't make the trip from Long Island, but my brother and I went with my Dad.

I'm almost 59 years old and, if I live another 59 years I can't imagine witnessing anything more thrilling, nerve-wracking and exciting than that one hockey game...

WOW! I just watched the movie "Miracle" the other day and I got goosebumps watching it. I can't even begin to imagine what it would have been like to be at that game. Lucky man you are!

Here's another that I watched on television and even though I was only 13 years old, to this day it STILL pisses me off...

I was never an Olympic fan too much, especially Winter. And definitely skating. Young men back then thought skating was for feeegets. So for me to even mention this is amazing.
This came on at the exact moment it happened

Mike Tyson fights before Don King got his vulture claws out.

Obviously this is the numero uno guy who wished he never boxed

Forum List

Back