Sports Question of the Day

Skeptic1959

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2020
"Of all sports pro or amateur, what are some records you believe will never be broken?"

I'll start the ball rolling with what I believe are some obvious ones...

1. Joe Dimaggio's 56-game hitting streak. Given the current situation with baseball and last season being shortened as well as the 2021 season possibly being cut short too, NO ONE is going to hit safely in 56 straight games ever again.
  2. Michael Phelps 28 Olympic medals including 23 gold. Since there may not even be an Olympics postponed from 2020 this year, there will never be another athlete to win 28 medals let alone 23 gold.
  3. Tom Brady's seven Super Bowl victories. It's hard enough to be the quarterback for at least two Super Bowl wins but SEVEN? No chance of a repeat.
  4. 1972 Miami Dolphins undefeated season. The New England Patriots came close falling just one Super Bowl victory short of going undefeated. But it's very hard to go unbeaten anymore given parity.
  5. Pro boxing-Fighter Len Wickwar born in England fought from 1928 to 1947 but had 473 bouts that resulted in 4,020 rounds of fighting. His final record was 342-86. Do you think anyone these days is going to finish his career with 473 fights? NO WAY.

I'm not so sure about Joltin' Joe's record. Pete got to 44. There are batters who could put together that streak. I'm actually surprised that Ichiro didn't come close.

All those pale to Cy Young's 749 complete games pitched in baseball ... the game has changed and this feat absolutely won't happen again ...

Consider the highest among active players is Justin Verlander ... after 16 seasons, he's only pitched 26 complete games ...

I think the real untouchable baseball record is Cal Ripken's streak. Also Warren Spahn's 13 20-win seasons. And the record for complete games, which are never happening any longer.

I think the real untouchable baseball record is Cal Ripken's streak. Also Warren Spahn's 13 20-win seasons. And the record for complete games, which are never happening any longer.
Great answers! Thanks for chiming in!

72 dolphins will never be broken for sure,back then you only played 14 games so now it’s harder playing 16, the cheatriots same the close sets and they could not do,it even while cheating so it will never happen again.

DiMaggio’s record won’t either cause you will never see a great hitter who plays the passion like rose ever again who was the last to come close.

Brady and bonds records won’t either.

Richard Petty's SEVEN victories at the Daytona 500. All achieved before 90% of today's safety equipment was available which makes it all the more incredible. More than double his closest contender.

John Force, 17 Championships in NHRA Funny Car division. More than double his closest contender. Today they are 11,000 hp monsters that go from 0-330 mph in 1,000 feet in less than four seconds. He is still the most successful franchise in drag racing.

Shady Brady’s 7 Super Bowl wins will never be broken because the pats owner always had the refs in his pockets,there were so many afc title games that had the they been correctly officiated with no favorites being played,the patriots would never have made it to so many superbowls,it was the same with the Green Bay game even with Brady in a new uniform,the bucs git all the calls and the packers got screwed I heard from many people. So I don’t think the nfl will ever kiss another quarterbacks ass in the future again as they kissed Brady’s putting skirt on his as they have.
the Brady apologists can only sling shit in defeat like the monkey trolls they are over this truth. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Shady Brady’s 7 Super Bowl wins will never be broken because the pats owner always had the refs in his pockets,there were so many afc title games that had the they been correctly officiated with no favorites being played,the patriots would never have made it to so many superbowls,it was the same with the Green Bay game even with Brady in a new uniform,the bucs git all the calls and the packers got screwed I heard from many people. So I don’t think the nfl will ever kiss another quarterbacks ass in the future again as they kissed Brady’s putting skirt on his as they have.
the Brady apologists can only sling shit in defeat like the monkey trolls they are over this truth. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
Time for Wapner, Rain Man.

Forum List

Back