Sports Question of the Day

Old Saturday Afternoon Sports-"If you grew up in the 1970s and 80s, what was your favorite Saturday afternoon sports show and which was your favorite?"

View attachment 461829View attachment 461830View attachment 461831

I watched all three but started with Wide World of Sports. That anthology sports show thrust Howard Cosell into the spotlight as a boxing announcer. Who can forget the opening scene for Wide World of Sports showing the ski jumper crashing over the side of the trail. Truth is that man was not hurt very badly at all. But with Sportsworld, I can still see the show where they were hosting a weightlifting tournament and one of the participants was trying to do standing press and his knees gave out as he dropped to the floor and both knees blew out! It was ghastly.

My favorite was Franz Klemmer's victory at the 1976 Olympics in the downhill. He was the last skier and Jim McKay announced his try for the gold meddle. Klemmer was on one ski most of the time and almost fell off the course on several occasions, as McKay had me on the edge of my seat with his incredible coverage. Klammer won by .33 seconds.
That and the 1980 hockey Olympic match between Russia and the US. "Do you believe in miracles? "YESSS!" Al Michaels covered it.

Don't you miss the old days? :102:

No. I look forward to the new days.

Well good luck with that because all sports are now tainted in a major way...

Tainted how?

Are you kidding? Just say Covid. I heard 25 college basketball games were cancelled yesterday because of covid. A UFC fight was cancelled last night because of it. MLB had to shorten its season because of it and the new season might be delayed and shortened. The NBA is playing without fans in attendance...the NFL was playing in multiple empty stadiums this past season and no one knows if fans will be allowed in 2021.Golf did not allow fans and still isn’t.

Do you still think sports are normal? Please...

COVID is affecting all society.

Major sports and college sports were among the first to forego profits and shut down events to protect fans and players

I hate to get into the topic of covid because it is the biggest hoax in history all generated by the elite and our governments and I am not about to supply proof because anyone that wants to can do the research and find out that truth. It’s all agenda based and the vaccines are the most dangerous weapon the government has ever put on its own people. Call it conspiracy theory if you want but the truth is our there if you want to find it. That’s all I’m saying on that topic all I can say to then naysayers is do your own research. The proof is in the pudding.

Old Saturday Afternoon Sports-"If you grew up in the 1970s and 80s, what was your favorite Saturday afternoon sports show and which was your favorite?"

I watched all three but started with Wide World of Sports. That anthology sports show thrust Howard Cosell into the spotlight as a boxing announcer. Who can forget the opening scene for Wide World of Sports showing the ski jumper crashing over the side of the trail. Truth is that man was not hurt very badly at all. But with Sportsworld, I can still see the show where they were hosting a weightlifting tournament and one of the participants was trying to do standing press and his knees gave out as he dropped to the floor and both knees blew out! It was ghastly.

My favorite was Franz Klemmer's victory at the 1976 Olympics in the downhill. He was the last skier and Jim McKay announced his try for the gold meddle. Klemmer was on one ski most of the time and almost fell off the course on several occasions, as McKay had me on the edge of my seat with his incredible coverage. Klammer won by .33 seconds.
That and the 1980 hockey Olympic match between Russia and the US. "Do you believe in miracles? "YESSS!" Al Michaels covered it.

Tainted how?

Are you kidding? Just say Covid. I heard 25 college basketball games were cancelled yesterday because of covid. A UFC fight was cancelled last night because of it. MLB had to shorten its season because of it and the new season might be delayed and shortened. The NBA is playing without fans in attendance...the NFL was playing in multiple empty stadiums this past season and no one knows if fans will be allowed in 2021.Golf did not allow fans and still isn’t.

Major sports and college sports were among the first to forego profits and shut down events to protect fans and players

I hate to get into the topic of covid because it is the biggest hoax in history all generated by the elite and our governments and I am not about to supply proof because anyone that wants to can do the research and find out that truth. It’s all agenda based and the vaccines are the most dangerous weapon the government has ever put on its own people. Call it conspiracy theory if you want but the truth is our there if you want to find it. That’s all I’m saying on that topic all I can say to then naysayers is do your own research. The proof is in the pudding.

Sorry
Don‘t have much tolerance for crazy conspiracy theories. Go find some sucker on the Conspiracy Board

Tainted how?

I did my research and did not find anything that suggests a hoax. Quite the contrary. You have no proof of your ridiculous statements. Do some research.

Tainted how?

I did my research and did not find anything that suggests a hoax. Quite the contrary. You have no proof of your ridiculous statements. Do some research.

Like I said no need to go any further...if you can’t find the evidence you aren’t looking hard enough or in the right places. I’ll say nothing more other than I will continue to refuse a mask or take a vaccine and I’m healthier than most of the nation so go figure and I’m 62 going on 40...

I gotta go with Agony of Defeat Guy and Wide World. Watching it again just now, it was a miracle he suffered only a broken ankle, but noticed how close he came to landing on the spectators. That would have been bad.

Vinko died last year.

Tainted how?

Like I said no need to go any further...if you can’t find the evidence you aren’t looking hard enough or in the right places. I’ll say nothing more other than I will continue to refuse a mask or take a vaccine and I’m healthier than most of the nation so go figure and I’m 62 going on 40...

Wrongwinger is a shill from Langley so best to put him on ignore,he has never once opened his mouth without lying,that other sheep,he obviously has only done his research by listening to what the corporate controlled media and our medical establishment funded by the government tells him,he probabl thinks the medical establishment is looking out for us when they recommend chemo therapy to fight cancer
:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :biggrin::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Jesus Christ,how did a thread in the Sports section,get to be about covid anyways in the first place?:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back