Sports Question of the Day

Skeptic1959

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2020
Taken from ESPN radio this morning:

"Which NFL quarterback is most facing a Make or Break season in 2021?"

ESPN most are saying Carson Wentz. I say it is either Wentz or Cam Newton whereever Cam ends up playing. I wouldn't say my team's QB, Ben Roethlisberger because this is ABSOLUTELY his last season. But I think the pressure is definitely on Wentz to perform. There will also be pressure on Matthew Stafford because he is playing for a perenniel playoff caliber team for the first time in his career.

Thoughts?

ESPN most are saying Carson Wentz. I say it is either Wentz or Cam Newton whereever Cam ends up playing. I wouldn't say my team's QB, Ben Roethlisberger because this is ABSOLUTELY his last season. But I think the pressure is definitely on Wentz to perform. There will also be pressure on Matthew Stafford because he is playing for a perenniel playoff caliber team for the first time in his career.

Thoughts?
Wentz and Cam Newton both have gone past make or break. They are both considered journeymen.
I think Denver's Drew Lock is make or break. He may already be on the outs.
Matt Ryan is also make or break.
Derek Carr is make or break.
Kurk Cousins is make or break.
Dak Prescott is make or break.
Jared Goff has one last chance before he's gonna be a journeyman.

I wouldn't say my team's QB, Ben Roethlisberger because this is ABSOLUTELY his last season.

That's NOT the way the Steeler front office is playing it. This is the last year of his current contract, but both Ben and the Rooneys talk like Ben might have 2-3 years possibly left in him.

Me, I think its all a big mistake and feel they should have dumped him 2-3 years ago.

Thoughts?
Wentz and Cam Newton both have gone past make or break. They are both considered journeymen.

Dak isn't make or break. He was having a monster early start to the year before getting injured.

Ryan is just old and washed up, as is Cousins.

Tua Tagovailoa make or break to prove he is the franchise QB for the Dolphins

Thoughts?

Dak isn't make or break. He was having a monster early start to the year before getting injured.

Dak either doesn't have the support he needs to win....or he's not capable of getting the Cowboys to the next level.
He had the best OL in football at one time.
Now all of that is falling apart.
They need to figure something out or Dak is going to be blamed for all of the ills of this team.
If Dak had a great team around him...he'd win in the playoffs and possibly the SB.
But being good for so long has finally hit Dallas like it does with everyone else.
Apparently they can't stop anyone from scoring.....like the Chargers.
So maybe they need to dump some overpaid veterans and get some new blood in the draft.
And they might want to take a stab at JJ Watt.
They need guys that can take on a double-team.

Last edited:
Tua Tagovailoa make or break to prove he is the franchise QB for the Dolphins

I would say not... he's only played part of one year. If he is still up and down this coming year, the next would probably be his "make or break"

Much like Baker Mayfield on my Cleveland Browns. Historic rookie year, subpar second year.. this was his make or break year, and he excelled. He's our guy.

Thoughts?

QB's never seem to have a "break" season. Unless you're CK (and for good reason in my view), you can find a job somewhere in the NFL if you have even mediocre skills. Is Steve DeBerg still playing?

Thoughts?

Dak either doesn't have the support he needs to win....or he's not capable of getting the Cowboys to the next level.
They need to figure something out or Dak is going to be blamed for all of the ills of this team.
If Dak had a great team around him...he'd win in the playoffs and possibly the SB.
But being good for so long has finally hit Dallas like it does with everyone else.
So maybe they need to dump some overpaid veterans and get some new blood in the draft.
He had n opportunity. Dallas had a 13 and 3 record one year and I believe home field advantage. They lost their first playoff game. People in general end up forgetting games in playoffs that were barely won or won on controversy as a team marches to the super bowl. And a little luck does not hurt.

Thoughts?

He had n opportunity. Dallas had a 13 and 3 record one year and I believe home field advantage. They lost their first playoff game. People in general end up forgetting games in playoffs that were barely won or won on controversy as a team marches to the super bowl. And a little luck does not hurt.
Usually a team gets a good record because of the division they're in. Last year every team in the NFC East sucked ass. Once you get to the playoffs the level of play is better. Dallas would have gone if Dak hadn't gotten hurt. He was the brightest part of that team. Now it's possible that he may end up traded because of his owner overreacting.

Thoughts?

Usually a team gets a good record because of the division they're in. Last year every team in the NFC East sucked ass. Once you get to the playoffs the level of play is better. Dallas would have gone if Dak hadn't gotten hurt. He was the brightest part of that team. Now it's possible that he may end up traded because of his owner overreacting.
If Dak was drafted in the early first round it may be different in a long term contract. It may not be fair, but that is considered pedigree. Yo almost have to win a Super Bowl or go deep into the playoffs as a later round QB pick to get the massive long term contract. There are exceptions. But Dak even of tagged is makin great money.

Forum List

Back