Sports Ain't Sports Anymore...

...not if it's under the thumb of the 'Social Justice Warriors.'

Even sports commentators have to toe the Leftist line.

Remember when Limbaugh was fired by ESPN for opining that a black quarterback wasn't as good as the ESPNers wanted to claim, in their need to move the agenda forward?

"The comments referenced by Limbaugh came during Sunday's pregame show when the conservative talk show host offered the opinion that McNabb wasn't as good as the media perceived him to be.

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well,'' Limbaugh said. "There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."
ESPN.com: GEN - Limbaugh resigns from ESPN

Last night's fiasco, when they put a sideline guy, who was Hispanic, but not up to the job, blubbered about 'diversity' as the reason for a coach's success....

"It's really not Sergio Dipp's fault. He was put in a horrible position by the suits at ES(JW)PN who view diversity as far more important than preparation, familiarity with the sport, or command of the English language. Sergio Dipp was introduced to the world last night late in the second quarter. By the time he was done with his first report, Dipp was exposed as being just a bit over his skis on the big stage when the lights went on. Now, all of social media is comparing him to the Boom Goes The Dynamite Guy."
Trainwreck! ESPN's Attempt at Diversity on Monday Night Football Goes Horribly Wrong

Eh.. McNabb sucked.

Winston does, too.

You know who was good? Steve Young, that's who. He learned from Joe Money.

Also Testeverde, Eli, and Favre.

I wouldn't know, MM.....

I'm not a football fan: I root for the NYGiants.....

The thread is to highlight the fact that ESPN has become more a political organ and less about sports.

And once more we find that everything Liberals touch turns to ........mud.

American are fed up with the Liberal slant....and it's having a result.

"
ESPN Ditches Jemele Hill
“Hill wants to continue her involvement in politics, and ESPN wants out of politics”

ESPN has been struggling recently, and one of the problems it is facing is its political partisanship. ESPN’s president, Jimmy Pitaro, has been at the helm of ESPN for five months, and one of his goals is to refocus ESPN on *gasp* sports. To that end, outspoken leftist Jemele Hill has been bought out of her contract.

Hill, you may recall, was quietly moved off of Sports Center for tweeting that President Trump is a “white supremacist.”
ESPN Ditches Jemele Hill

America turning in the right (no pun intended) direction.

"Happy Thanksgiving: ESPN Lost Two Million Subscribers This Year
Remember ESPN? The network that was once a flagship of sports journalism has been infested by political correctness and liberal bias. The effects have been visible. Since 2011, ESPN has lost 15 million subscribers.

...employees pretending to be liberals in order to keep their jobs. Former ESPN reporter Britt McHenry said she was reportedly barred from liking tweets from conservatives of the social media platform.

In April of 2017, longtime host Linda Cohn was suspended for suggesting the increasing political aspect of the network’s reporting and coverage might be responsible for the 10-million subscriber loss over the past five years at the time. I mean, when stuff like this happens with regards to commentator assignments, you’ve got to be kidding me."
Happy Thanksgiving: ESPN Lost Two Million Subscribers This Year

Congrats to the Sandman, .....Mariano makes it with 100% of the vote!!!

Yup....he was the greatest closer.

And, I'm gratified that Mike Messina made it, too....

But a verification of this thread is that Curt Schilling didn't.....and if any fan is honest, he'll admit it was about his politics, not his talent.

"Schilling was not elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame and earned just 60.9% of the vote. He has appeared on Hall of Fame ballots since 2013 but has yet to be voted in. ... Trump wrote, "Curt Schilling deserves to be in the Baseball Hall of Fame. Great record, especially when under pressure and when it mattered most.1 hour ago
Curt Schilling not elected to Baseball Hall of Fame | SI.com"

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/.../curt-schilling-not-elected-baseball-hall-fame-vote-result...

Tough to be right, and on the Right in any venue today.

Just ask Curt Schilling.......or Nick Sandman.

Here's a darn good indication that folks are sick and tired of Liberals:

"ESPN President: ‘Our Fans Do Not Want Us to Cover Politics’
Today’s Los Angeles Times profiles ESPN President Jimmy Pitaro, who took over running the network in March 2018. Deep in the article:

Pitaro has also satisfied ESPN’s more traditional fans by steering commentators away from political discussions on-air and on social media, which heightened during President Trump’s criticism of NFL player protests against social injustice during the playing of the national anthem.

“Without question our data tells us our fans do not want us to cover politics,”Pitaro said. “My job is to provide clarity. I really believe that some of our talent was confused on what was expected of them. If you fast-forward to today, I don’t believe they are confused.”
ESPN's Jimmy Pitaro & Politics: 'Our Fans Do Not Want Us to Cover Politics' | National Review

Next.....get Democrats/Liberals out of government!!!!!!!!

...not if it's under the thumb of the 'Social Justice Warriors.'

Even sports commentators have to toe the Leftist line.

Remember when Limbaugh was fired by ESPN for opining that a black quarterback wasn't as good as the ESPNers wanted to claim, in their need to move the agenda forward?

"The comments referenced by Limbaugh came during Sunday's pregame show when the conservative talk show host offered the opinion that McNabb wasn't as good as the media perceived him to be.

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well,'' Limbaugh said. "There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."
ESPN.com: GEN - Limbaugh resigns from ESPN

Last night's fiasco, when they put a sideline guy, who was Hispanic, but not up to the job, blubbered about 'diversity' as the reason for a coach's success....

"It's really not Sergio Dipp's fault. He was put in a horrible position by the suits at ES(JW)PN who view diversity as far more important than preparation, familiarity with the sport, or command of the English language. Sergio Dipp was introduced to the world last night late in the second quarter. By the time he was done with his first report, Dipp was exposed as being just a bit over his skis on the big stage when the lights went on. Now, all of social media is comparing him to the Boom Goes The Dynamite Guy."
Trainwreck! ESPN's Attempt at Diversity on Monday Night Football Goes Horribly Wrong

"Nationals Announcer Blames Home Run Spike on Global Warming
Washington Nationals announcer F.P. Santangelo suggested during Tuesday night's loss to the Chicago White Sox that "global warming" is contributing to the historic pace of home runs so far this season.

"I think the bats, plus the balls, plus launch angles, plus pitchers throwing hard, plus global warming is why there's so many home runs," Santangelo said in the fifth inning, just after White Sox rookie Eloy Jimenez hit a monster home run to centerfield."
Nationals Announcer Blames Home Run Spike on Global Warming

Forum List

Back