mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
spock.png

Leonard Nimoy
Died today at age 83
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP," signing the tweet with his iconic phrase "Live Long and Prosper."

"I loved him like a brother. We will all miss his humor, his talent, and his capacity to love," his "Star Trek" co-star William Shatner said in a tweet.

Flowers will be placed on his star in on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 10:30 a.m. PT, officials said.
gty_leonard_nimoy_spock_wy_150227_16x9_608.jpg

CBS via Getty Images
PHOTO: Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock in the Star Trek episode, "Spock's Brain" which aired on September 20, 1968.

Nimoy -- a United States Army veteran, who was born in Boston, Massachusetts -- first began acting at the age of 8 locally, then in the early 1950's, staring in TV runs, such as "The Silent Service," "Broken Arrow" and "Dragnet." But it was his debut as Mr. Spock in the 1960's "Star Trek" that made him a cult legend.

He first brought Mr. Spock to the screen in 1966 for the original "Star Trek" pilot, a character he played on TV until 1969. He would go on to star in eight movies and build a cult following as the half human, half Vulcan famous for his hand gesture that meant "Live Long and Prosper."

After a long and successful career since the beginning of "Trek," Nimoy had brought back his famous role in 2009's reboot "Star Trek," and the recent sequel "Star Trek Into Darkness" in 2013. Zachary Quinto played a younger version of Spock.

In an interview with StarTrek.com, Nimoy expressed his gratitude to reboot director J.J. Abrams for bringing him back to honor him in the new series.

"I think he’s done a great thing for Star Trek. I’m very grateful to him. We all owe him a lot. When someone comes along like he has done and picks it up and elevates it, we should be grateful. So when J.J. calls me, I take the call," he said.

But Nimoy was more than just an actor -- starring as of late as a voice in 2011's "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and as Dr. William Bell in another cult classic series "Fringe." Nimoy began his career as an acting teacher in his early 20's in Hollywood, and more recently the author of his autobiographies, "I Am Not Spock" in 1975 and "I Am Spock" in 1995.

In addition to his over 130 acting credits, Nimoy had a dozen directing credits, including the 1987 hit "3 Men and a Baby," starring Tom Selleck and Ted Danson and a couple "Star Trek" movies. Nimoy also starred as himself in hits like "Futurama," "Ancient Mysteries" and "In Search of..." as a host in the late 1970's and early 1980's.

Somewhere in the middle of all his success, Nimoy went back to school and earned a master’s degree in Spanish from Antioch University Austin in his 40's, then later an honorary doctorate, according to the Times.
Leonard Nimoy Star Trek Star Dead at 83 - ABC News

Last edited:
Spock Has Gone Where No Man Has Gone Before
Take a trip over to the nearest cemetery and look around. See all those grave markers? Unless "Spock" gets burned (cremated) he will end up where all those "men" have gone......BEFORE.

I do believe that all these anti-Christians are the result of these goddamn science FICTION movies that these dumb asses believe in and that is their NEW religion. JMO.

A couple are by Sid Meier, but the majority are by Leonard Nimoy. I hear him talk to me at least once a month. lol

That's the episode where he reverted back to his history's violent roots.....before Vulcans swore off all emotional feelings to preserve their species. They used to be extremely violent. Even more than Romulans their close relatives.

Was going to post one of him and McCoy trading shots, this popped up. Have some of the ST short stories and if memory serves this is revisited....can't remember if he ends up back on the planet and meets his son or if its a different character that does.

spock.png

Leonard Nimoy
Died today at age 83
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP," signing the tweet with his iconic phrase "Live Long and Prosper."

"I loved him like a brother. We will all miss his humor, his talent, and his capacity to love," his "Star Trek" co-star William Shatner said in a tweet.

Flowers will be placed on his star in on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 10:30 a.m. PT, officials said.
gty_leonard_nimoy_spock_wy_150227_16x9_608.jpg

CBS via Getty Images
PHOTO: Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock in the Star Trek episode, "Spock's Brain" which aired on September 20, 1968.

Nimoy -- a United States Army veteran, who was born in Boston, Massachusetts -- first began acting at the age of 8 locally, then in the early 1950's, staring in TV runs, such as "The Silent Service," "Broken Arrow" and "Dragnet." But it was his debut as Mr. Spock in the 1960's "Star Trek" that made him a cult legend.

He first brought Mr. Spock to the screen in 1966 for the original "Star Trek" pilot, a character he played on TV until 1969. He would go on to star in eight movies and build a cult following as the half human, half Vulcan famous for his hand gesture that meant "Live Long and Prosper."

After a long and successful career since the beginning of "Trek," Nimoy had brought back his famous role in 2009's reboot "Star Trek," and the recent sequel "Star Trek Into Darkness" in 2013. Zachary Quinto played a younger version of Spock.

In an interview with StarTrek.com, Nimoy expressed his gratitude to reboot director J.J. Abrams for bringing him back to honor him in the new series.

"I think he’s done a great thing for Star Trek. I’m very grateful to him. We all owe him a lot. When someone comes along like he has done and picks it up and elevates it, we should be grateful. So when J.J. calls me, I take the call," he said.

But Nimoy was more than just an actor -- starring as of late as a voice in 2011's "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and as Dr. William Bell in another cult classic series "Fringe." Nimoy began his career as an acting teacher in his early 20's in Hollywood, and more recently the author of his autobiographies, "I Am Not Spock" in 1975 and "I Am Spock" in 1995.

In addition to his over 130 acting credits, Nimoy had a dozen directing credits, including the 1987 hit "3 Men and a Baby," starring Tom Selleck and Ted Danson and a couple "Star Trek" movies. Nimoy also starred as himself in hits like "Futurama," "Ancient Mysteries" and "In Search of..." as a host in the late 1970's and early 1980's.

Somewhere in the middle of all his success, Nimoy went back to school and earned a master’s degree in Spanish from Antioch University Austin in his 40's, then later an honorary doctorate, according to the Times.
Leonard Nimoy Star Trek Star Dead at 83 - ABC News

Spock has gone where everybody goes.

The trio of Kirk, Spock and McCoy is the reason I liked the original Star Trek series.

The follow up series did not have interesting characters, in my opinion, other than maybe Data.

Spock made the show. Without him it wouldn't have been the same. Anyone else could have been replaced but not Nimoy. Especially Kirk, what an annoying gasbag.

Spock made the show. Without him it wouldn't have been the same. Anyone else could have been replaced but not Nimoy. Especially Kirk, what an annoying gasbag.

I agree, when I was a kid watching the show I was honestly never really into Captain Kirk. Spock was my favorite, next was bones then Scotty.

Forum List

Back