Spirituality of pets

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
Let me preface this by saying I am in no mood for the usual hate posting.

My partner and I are preparing to help our 15 year old miniature pinscher cross over. In the last couple of years she has deteriorated to the point that her life holds little or no joy. Bad hips, arthritis, fading eyesight and her hearing has been going for a while.

I have been down this road before. It is always difficult for me. I will not lie, there will be tears shed for this feisty little girl.

We have all seen references to The Rainbow Bridge when we lose a beloved pet. That is what I want to discuss.

Any person who has ever loved a dog or cat is certain that they possess a soul and the capacity to return our love. I have seen too many examples to share. I am not a very religious man, but I do believe that there is something after this life. And I hope all my furry loves will be there to greet me when I cross over.

What do you believe happens with our pets after this life is over?

I am a very strong believer that our pets have Souls. Whether you want to call it the Rainbow Bridge or something else is unimportant. They will be on the other side waiting for us.

They understand what’s happening in their own way and will help you through this if you let them.

We lost my wife’s 11 year old chihuahua, Maddie, in January of 2018. This was my wife’s emotional support animal for her PTSD. She was devastated and I was heartbroken as well. 5 months later (3 years ago, yesterday) we went to look at a trio of Pug puppies. We came home with a 11 week old Shorkie (Shit-Zhu/Yorker) we named Max. She took one look into his eyes at the breeder and said “Maddie sent HIM.”

rainbowBridgeForDogs.jpg

My partner and I are preparing to help our 15 year old miniature pinscher cross over. In the last couple of years she has deteriorated to the point that her life holds little or no joy. Bad hips, arthritis, fading eyesight and her hearing has been going for a while.

I have been down this road before. It is always difficult for me. I will not lie, there will be tears shed for this feisty little girl.

We have all seen references to The Rainbow Bridge when we lose a beloved pet. That is what I want to discuss.

Any person who has ever loved a dog or cat is certain that they possess a soul and the capacity to return our love. I have seen too many examples to share. I am not a very religious man, but I do believe that there is something after this life. And I hope all my furry loves will be there to greet me when I cross over.

I believe that whatever happens to us, happens to them. What that is, IDK.

When my dad (RIP) was alive he once asked me do I think we’ll see my dog again in the afterlife

I LIKE to believe our pets have souls. They feel hurt, joy, and hunger, as we do. And I believe there is a special "place" for their souls afterwards. I wish you luck and peace during these times.

I never used to believe that animals have a "spirit", but I am convinced of it now. The Bible even speaks of it.

Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and the spirit of the animal descends into the earth?

it's asking a question. Giving us something to consider. The verse isn't TELLING us where the spirit in an animal goes, just something to think about.

I believe all animal life has a "soul." I think it is NECESSARY for life. Without that spirit component we would be walking zombies or robots. It is one powerful reason I'm no longer a meat eater.

Forum List

Back