Spineless Republican Senators (Redundant I know) Propose Ending Columbus Day and Replace With Juneteenth

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
It just takes my breath away how weak, spineless and eager to crawl and lick the boots of Marxist Democrats these supposed Republicans are.

Sens. Ron Johnson (R-WI) and James Lankford (R-OK) backed a proposal on Wednesday to replace Columbus Day with Juneteenth as a federal holiday.
Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) has sponsored a bipartisan bill that would make Juneteenth, a day that celebrates the end of slavery, a federal holiday. Cornyn’s bill has engendered some backlash from Republicans worried about the cost of adding another federal paid holiday.

Figgers one would be an Okie.

Free North Occupied Texas!

I hope that these turncoats have enjoyed their life in public service since they have a snowball;'s chance in hell of getting re-elected

Wow! Ron Johnson had been a major stooge for trump on both impeachment and pandemic denial. Interesting twist.

Why can't we have both? :dunno:

The country can only afford so many holidays. What holiday would you dump instead? MLK? Christmas?

The richest nation in the history of the world can't afford another holiday? Get the fuck out of here. :lol:
We aren't France, you know. I would think the country could do without Labor day but if could
also do without Juneteenth for that matter.

We aren't France, you know. I would think the country could do without Labor day but if could
also do without Juneteenth for that matter.
The French have shown more spine than American politicians. Macron said that not one statue will come down to appease the Marxist mob.

I nearly fell out of my chair.

The Republican Congresscritters are more spineless than the French!

Why can't we have both? :dunno:

The country can only afford so many holidays. What holiday would you dump instead? MLK? Christmas?

The richest nation in the history of the world can't afford another holiday? Get the fuck out of here. :lol:
Why should the we celebrate June19th ,a supposed holiday that was never mentioned before this year. The country should not be forced to celebrate an with an ebonics name

It just takes my breath away how weak, spineless and eager to crawl and lick the boots of Marxist Democrats these supposed Republicans are.

Sens. Ron Johnson (R-WI) and James Lankford (R-OK) backed a proposal on Wednesday to replace Columbus Day with Juneteenth as a federal holiday.
Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) has sponsored a bipartisan bill that would make Juneteenth, a day that celebrates the end of slavery, a federal holiday. Cornyn’s bill has engendered some backlash from Republicans worried about the cost of adding another federal paid holiday.

Are one of these asshats the same guy supporting defunding the police?

This is exactly why I hate republicans. They will sell out their constituents in a heartbeat.

C'mon.

There's no harm in pleasing a certain group.

By making Juneteenth a national holiday, that group will be as pleased as Punch, and they may cool some of the disorders that are destroying our nation.

Why should the we celebrate June19th ,a supposed holiday that was never mentioned before this year. The country should not be forced to celebrate an with an ebonics name
I think we should have core holidays, like the 4th, Presidents day, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day and Veterans day, but have second tier optional holidays to celebrate if we want, and just put them all on the calendar. Then have four swing days for using on any of the secondary holidays that we prefer, MLK, juneteenth, Columbus, St Patricks, etc the more or less ethnic centered holidays would be these days..

Make November 8th a federal holiday in 2020.
Election Day, in honor of Donald John Trump's reelection.
I will celebrate his defeat. :party:

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

They are willow trees in the wind

Forum List

Back