Speaker Pelosi on Jan 6 riot:'I'm pretty tough. I'm a street fighter! They would have had a battle on their hands' if the Trump mob had come after her

• Banned
excerpts:

Pelosi described a historic start for the new Congress and President Joe Biden, one "on par" in ambition and impact with the first 100 days of FDR and LBJ. She called Biden skilled in Washington politics and bolder in policy than many expected. "Transformative and visionary and experienced," she said.

She said she would soon introduce legislation to harden the Capitol's security, indicating she would support the installation of retractable fencing to be deployed only when security threats demanded. She also suggested for the first time that she might move to establish a select committee to investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection if efforts to create a special 9/11-style commission failed

When Pelosi talked about the Jan. 6 assault, her voice became lower and more intense.

“I was never personally afraid because I had so much security for myself," she said. "I was afraid for everybody else, and I’ll never forgive them the trauma that they caused to the staff and the members."

Many are still dealing with the aftereffects, she said. "I do think it will have an impact on how people decide to come to work here or stay to work here and the rest."

talk is cheap, and so is your botox experiment
Ah, Nancy? You grew up a rich spoiled princess in a big house with servants! You might THINK you're a "street fighter" but I seriously doubt you've ever thrown a punch or eaten one in your entire life!

Thanks for my first chuckle of the day!

That she would even say something like that shows how much she is out of touch -- with herself.

At least, she did admit that she is surrounded by plenty of security.

She is living proof that we need term limits for Congress.

Ah, Nancy? You grew up a rich spoiled princess in a big house with servants! You might THINK you're a "street fighter" but I seriously doubt you've ever thrown a punch or eaten one in your entire life!
Someone who has a matching mask for every outfit paid for by the taxpayer is not a street fighter.

It is a spoiled brat

Forum List

Back