Spambot?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
I've noticed lately that there are many threads with the search tags godlikeproductions (a conspiracy theory forum) and endofamerica63 (a conspiracy theory). Both of those, as far as I can tell, are associated with Ron Paul supporters.

Lots of the threads where they are listed as search tags have nothing to do with any of those topics.

What's up with that?

no ...visible.....come on ravi you think i got some x ray vision now?

but in sigs lines.....urls.....some are blogs etc but links to other things ....

Yeah, I noticed that too... Also noticed recently we now have to allow yahooapis script in order to do emoticons and edit functions.

Yeah, I noticed that too... Also noticed recently we now have to allow yahooapis script in order to do emoticons and edit functions.

:confused: Huh? Not me. Not sure I know what you mean by "edit" functions, though. Edit what? A post? Still the same. A quote? Still the same.

:confused: Huh? Not me. Not sure I know what you mean by "edit" functions, though. Edit what? A post? Still the same. A quote? Still the same.

Probably because you don't use a script blocker so you never noticed...?

By edit functions I mean the tools at the top of this reply window where I can choose to bold or italicize, etc... If you block yahooapis from loading the tabs do not work... Same with emoticons... You can still type it out manually but apparently the board software is now using yahooapis for those functions.

I've noticed lately that there are many threads with the search tags godlikeproductions (a conspiracy theory forum) and endofamerica63 (a conspiracy theory). Both of those, as far as I can tell, are associated with Ron Paul supporters.

Lots of the threads where they are listed as search tags have nothing to do with any of those topics.

What's up with that?

Eh ... maybe you're just paranoid?

What's up with that?

Eh ... maybe you're just paranoid?
It's not paranoia if it's true!

By edit functions I mean the tools at the top of this reply window where I can choose to bold or italicize, etc... If you block yahooapis from loading the tabs do not work... Same with emoticons... You can still type it out manually but apparently the board software is now using yahooapis for those functions.

I don't even know what "script blocker" is supposed to do. Whatever it is, I've been happy without it.

I don't even know what "script blocker" is supposed to do. Whatever it is, I've been happy without it.

It's a firefox add-on kinda like ad blocker or pop up blocker...

About this Add-on

Winner of the "2006 PC World World Class Award", this tool provides extra protection to your Firefox.
It allows JavaScript, Java and other executable content to run only from trusted domains of your choice, e.g. your home-banking web site, guarding your "trust boundaries" against cross-site scripting attacks (XSS), cross-zone DNS rebinding / CSRF attacks (router hacking), and Clickjacking attempts, thanks to its unique ClearClick technology. It also implements the DoNotTrack tracking opt-out proposal by default, see http://snipurl.com/nsdntrack .
Such a preemptive approach prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities (known and even unknown!) with no loss of functionality...
Experts do agree: Firefox is really safer with NoScript ;-)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noscript/

About this Add-on

Winner of the "2006 PC World World Class Award", this tool provides extra protection to your Firefox.
It allows JavaScript, Java and other executable content to run only from trusted domains of your choice, e.g. your home-banking web site, guarding your "trust boundaries" against cross-site scripting attacks (XSS), cross-zone DNS rebinding / CSRF attacks (router hacking), and Clickjacking attempts, thanks to its unique ClearClick technology. It also implements the DoNotTrack tracking opt-out proposal by default, see hackademix.net » X-Do-Not-Track support in NoScript .
Such a preemptive approach prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities (known and even unknown!) with no loss of functionality...

Too many bells and whistles for me. When I post on a message board, I use SAFE mode, and ain't nobody gonna get to me. (Again.)

About this Add-on

It allows JavaScript, Java and other executable content to run only from trusted domains of your choice, e.g. your home-banking web site, guarding your "trust boundaries" against cross-site scripting attacks (XSS), cross-zone DNS rebinding / CSRF attacks (router hacking), and Clickjacking attempts, thanks to its unique ClearClick technology. It also implements the DoNotTrack tracking opt-out proposal by default, see hackademix.net » X-Do-Not-Track support in NoScript .

Too many bells and whistles for me. When I post on a message board, I use SAFE mode, and ain't nobody gonna get to me. (Again.)
That's probably a pretty good idea. It helps to have a good antivirus system that allows you to eliminate trackers before and after you go online and hit more than one website. For example, if you want to link a news article, going to, obtaining, and pasting a link can expose your computer to threats. They're usually not too threatening, and if you simply run your antivirus before turning off your computer, the trackers are neutralized, and you can rest assured these won't track you. I've only been here so far, will check my antivirus now and bring back a result....

It took under a minute, and it only picked up and neutralized 54 trying to track my computer. That's quite average for me here. It picks up exactly 52 at my poetry and western forum. (I love the Old West). The only thing I ever notice is that if I go a week without a cleanup, my 'puter gets slow. All that needs to be done is to run the antivirus scan in case any of the trackers are serious threats.

Try it! It really works. :)

Last edited:
With MYSQL you can delete them all programatically.
Let's say Table has name "searchtags" and the field where string is stored in that table is "searchstring".

DELETE
FROM
`searchtags`
WHERE
`searchstring` like '%godlike%'
OR
`searchstring` like '%endofamer%'

It will delete them all from all threads within milli-seconds.

What's up with that?

Terrel lives for Godlikeproductions :lol:

What's up with that?

Terrel lives for Godlikeproductions :lol:

intense-albums-intrepid-picture3886-user74-pic23-1307646854-thumb.gif

Forum List

Back