Soviet tanks

In general, they are probably confused, most of the inhabitants, with the filing of propaganda, think that T44 is T34, because it has a "round" tower. In fact, at the beginning of the war, they looked like this

img_106.jpg

In fact, there were colossal losses, because tanks were very expensive. For example, the famous tiger tanks were produced in just over 1000 during the entire war. The loss of several thousand tanks in one battle is just a fantastic figure for that time.

I didn't make it clear enough. I don't want to compare tanks and fight an armchair tank war with anybody. I was hoping for an objective discussion on the use of tanks and I included aircraft carriers because some of the same criteria applies.
This thread is about comparing tanks. If you don't like the subject, then go somewhere else.

I do not think the Chinese Type96 can beat the Abrams.

They can't. The 96 is a Second Generation Tank, comparable to the US M60. And even at the end of it's service life with the US, the M60 was tearing up entire Armored Battalions and larger forces with one or two companies of M60 tanks.

And the Type 96 is still their main tank, as all of those they tried to make to replace it failed for one reason or another. Did not meet the needs of the PLA, to expensive, or other things like cost prevented them from ever being adopted military wide.

The Russians knew how to use the T-34. The Arabs didn't. Maybe the Chinese and Koreans didn't know how wither.
The Russians DIDN'T know how to use the T-34. They just buried the Germans in raw numbers. The T-34 holds the world record as the most destroyed tank in history.

Forum List

Back