South Dakota turns down extra $300-a-week unemployment benefits from Trump administration

Appears S.D attempted more of the Swedish model, with great success.

'South Dakota's economy, having never been shut down, has recovered nearly 80% of our job losses,' governor says

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem rejected the federal government's offer of an additional $300 in weekly unemployment benefits and touted her state's economic recovery amid the coronavirus pandemic.

My administration is very grateful for the additional flexibility that this effort would have provided, but South Dakota is in the fortunate position of not needing to accept it," Noem said in a statement on Friday. "South Dakota's economy, having never been shut down, has recovered nearly 80% of our job losses. South Dakota is the only state in the nation that didn't have extended benefits kick in because our insured unemployment rate has been the lowest in the nation."
Kristi Noem is so much better a Governor than Andrew Cuomo it isn't even funny! She had the stones to stick to her guns and not close down South Dakota's economy even when the Chicken Littles were running around screaming that the sky was falling!

Appears S.D attempted more of the Swedish model, with great success.

'South Dakota's economy, having never been shut down, has recovered nearly 80% of our job losses,' governor says

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem rejected the federal government's offer of an additional $300 in weekly unemployment benefits and touted her state's economic recovery amid the coronavirus pandemic.

My administration is very grateful for the additional flexibility that this effort would have provided, but South Dakota is in the fortunate position of not needing to accept it," Noem said in a statement on Friday. "South Dakota's economy, having never been shut down, has recovered nearly 80% of our job losses. South Dakota is the only state in the nation that didn't have extended benefits kick in because our insured unemployment rate has been the lowest in the nation."
Proof that democrats are nothing more than miserable lying failures.

My Ma lin law grew up in South Dakota she hated it but I am glad they finally let the Native American Indians run the reservations as they saw fit with COVID-19. South Dakota probably doesn't want it because they have to pay 25% of it.

Forum List

Back