South Dakota Throws Parade for Governor Kristi Noem Who Declined to Shut Her State Amid Pandemic

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Looks like she got it right.

Republican South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem had an impromptu parade thrown in her honor on Tuesday in the capitol city of Pierre. A local construction company organized the parade to show appreciation for her handling of the coronavirus epidemic.

Noem, the state's first female governor, was one of a handful of governors not to issue an order shuttering non-essential businesses during the ongoing epidemic.

The parade, organized by John Morris of Morris Inc. construction company, featured "literally hundreds of cars," fire trucks and other vehicles honking their horns and sirens while Noem watched, apparently surprised, from a local park.

Republican South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem had an impromptu parade thrown in her honor on Tuesday in the capitol city of Pierre. A local construction company organized the parade to show appreciation for her handling of the coronavirus epidemic.

Noem, the state's first female governor, was one of a handful of governors not to issue an order shuttering non-essential businesses during the ongoing epidemic.

The parade, organized by John Morris of Morris Inc. construction company, featured "literally hundreds of cars," fire trucks and other vehicles honking their horns and sirens while Noem watched, apparently surprised, from a local park.

Jury is ultimately out on this one. Get back to me in two or three weeks. Then we'll see if not shutting down a sparsely populated state was the right call.
Also, I want to see all the real numbers on the native American reservations. I simply don't believe the state's numbers.

Gutsy....the numbers just didn't add up to shutting down in her state....many other states should have followed her lead but this is all hindsight now...
The finger pointing is going to get nauseating from here on until November 3rd....and of course November 4th when democrats vote.....:biggrin:

• Banned
Just a couple weeks ago SD was known as the next Coronavirus hot spot. So far, it hasn't happened, but we'll see how things go.

What a great idea. Philadelphia did that in 1918 during that pandemic. A parade to sell war. The war they were selling while censoring news of the virus (which is why it got to be called "Spanish" but I digress). Two hundred thousand people came out.

Couple of weeks later there were so many corpses from mass infection that people brought them out to the street, like garbage, to be picked up by the morgue wagon. "Bring out your dead" was a real thing.

More recently there was New Orleans, with Mardi Gras in February, when most was quiet on the virus front. People from all over crowded onto small streets, falling all over each other, grabbing beads off the ground. Two weeks later, the numbers of infected soar and the city starts amassing the fastest infection rate on the planet.

Brilliant plan there. We've got a highly contagious virus in progress? Let's bring people to huddle on the street, what could POSSIBLY go wrong there. SMGDFH

What a great idea. Philadelphia did that in 1918 during that pandemic. A parade to sell war. The war they were selling while censoring news of the virus (which is why it got to be called "Spanish" but I digress). Two hundred thousand people came out.

Couple of weeks later there were so many corpses from mass infection that people brought them out to the street, like garbage, to be picked up by the morgue wagon. "Bring out your dead" was a real thing.

More recently there was New Orleans, with Mardi Gras in February, when most was quiet on the virus front. People from all over crowded onto small streets, falling all over each other, grabbing beads off the ground. Two weeks later, the numbers of infected soar and the city starts amassing the fastest infection rate on the planet.

Brilliant plan there. We've got a highly contagious virus in progress? Let's bring people to huddle on the street, what could POSSIBLY go wrong there. SMGDFH

Yep. We are already seeing the results of the Republican Party forcing everyone to go out and vote in Wisconsin. We already have a few of the leaders who demonstrated in protest of the lockdowns coming down with the virus in North Carolina.
Stupid is as stupid does. I hope it doesn't turn into a disaster...but I'm not holding my breath.

It was a complete surprise. She had no idea what it was about. Her daughter knew but the whole state wanted to let her know how much she is appreciated. A beautiful woman in every way

For the first time I've wanted to move to the state, South Dakota, my relatives abandoned so long ago.
Noem is an exceptional governor in a time when so many democrat governors are proving to be incompetent little dictators.

I won

Yep. We are already seeing the results of the Republican Party forcing everyone to go out and vote in Wisconsin. We already have a few of the leaders who demonstrated in protest of the lockdowns coming down with the virus in North Carolina.
Stupid is as stupid does. I hope it doesn't turn into a disaster...but I'm not holding my breath.

I wonder why no one is talking about the rapidy rising covid cases among the latino population in California's central San Joaquin valley. You know where all the migrant workers and illegal aliens congregate. It's like an uncontrolled raging forest fire among that crowd but no one is talking about it least of all the left wing MSM. Of course the demodumbasses would just as soon keep a lid on it too.

Forum List

Back