South Dakota Police File Lawsuit to Block Measure Legalizing Marijuana Approved by Voters

What happened to the will of the people who put their idiot asses in office?

South Dakota police have filed suit to overturn a voter-approved amendment to the state constitution that legalized marijuana earlier this month.

Pennington County Sheriff Kevin Thom and Highway Patrol Superintendent Rick Miller filed a lawsuit seeking to invalidate the amendment last week despite South Dakota voters signaling their clear approval of marijuana legalization during the election.

"I've dedicated my life to defending and upholding the rule of law," Thom said in a statement. "The South Dakota Constitution is the foundation for our government and any attempt to modify it should not be taken lightly. I respect the voice of the voters in South Dakota, however in this case I believe the process was flawed and done improperly, due to no fault of the voters."

Around 70 percent voted in favor of a separate initiative allowing medical use, while the amendment permitting recreational use was approved by about 54 percent of voters. South Dakota was one of four states that voted to legalize recreational marijuana use this year, as well as the first state ever to approve both medical and recreational use at the same time.

The cops make lots of money off of drugs. They use "fighting" the drug boogie man as an excuse to continually increase their budgets.

This is so wrong...

Read more: South Dakota police file lawsuit to block measure legalizing marijuana approved by voters

I agree, the voters in the state of Washington voted for lower car tabs and the state circumvented it.

This seems to happen all the time and I believe destructive to our republic.

Are you saying that there has been a final ruling on that?

If so then I'm so very glad.

We voted for light rail and to upgrade our infrastructure.

tim eymann's stupid 30 dollar car tabs tried to stop it all.

The building of it has been underway for years now.

If what you say is true, I'm so glad that the court ruled that the vote of the people years ago supersedes tim eymann and his stupid 30 dollar car tabs.

That man is so hated even by republicans that he couldn't even get past the primary. LOL.

There is no conflict over weed markets dude
"There is no conflict over weed markets dude."
No conflict? What do you consider a conflict?
I'm in South Mexifornia, I own a number of residential properties in the inland empire, many of which neighbor unoccupied grow houses run by Mexican cartels. The black market here has never been more robust. Legalizing marijuana in Mexifornia has fucked over good real American citizens and non users.

"I'm a cannabis user, i assure you i have thought this through much more than you have."
Herein lies the problem, not one single user will say they prefer weed to remain illegal. The reason...They're tired of feeling like losers for smoking weed, they want it glamorized to remove the stigma. I know this because I smoked weed for many years and always felt like a lowlife for doing it. I also know that illegal status never stopped me or any other stoner from smoking it so why would I care if it were illegal or not? Answer...because I would feel better about myself being a stoner if everyone accepted it and perceived users as normal and not addicts or lowlife stoners.
I know this because I smoked weed for many years and always felt like a lowlife for doing it.
lol...yea sure you did....

South Dakota police have filed suit to overturn a voter-approved amendment to the state constitution that legalized marijuana earlier this month.

Pennington County Sheriff Kevin Thom and Highway Patrol Superintendent Rick Miller filed a lawsuit seeking to invalidate the amendment last week despite South Dakota voters signaling their clear approval of marijuana legalization during the election.

"I've dedicated my life to defending and upholding the rule of law," Thom said in a statement. "The South Dakota Constitution is the foundation for our government and any attempt to modify it should not be taken lightly. I respect the voice of the voters in South Dakota, however in this case I believe the process was flawed and done improperly, due to no fault of the voters."

Around 70 percent voted in favor of a separate initiative allowing medical use, while the amendment permitting recreational use was approved by about 54 percent of voters. South Dakota was one of four states that voted to legalize recreational marijuana use this year, as well as the first state ever to approve both medical and recreational use at the same time.

The cops make lots of money off of drugs. They use "fighting" the drug boogie man as an excuse to continually increase their budgets.

This is so wrong...

Read more: South Dakota police file lawsuit to block measure legalizing marijuana approved by voters
Conservatives in general don't give a rat's ass about the will of the people.

This is so wrong...

Conservatives in general don't give a rat's ass about the will of the people.
neither do democrats.....California has proved that twice.....

I'm in South Mexifornia, I own a number of residential properties in the inland empire, many of which neighbor unoccupied grow houses run by Mexican cartels. The black market here has never been more robust. Legalizing marijuana in Mexifornia has fucked over good real American citizens and non users.

"I'm a cannabis user, i assure you i have thought this through much more than you have."
Herein lies the problem, not one single user will say they prefer weed to remain illegal. The reason...They're tired of feeling like losers for smoking weed, they want it glamorized to remove the stigma. I know this because I smoked weed for many years and always felt like a lowlife for doing it. I also know that illegal status never stopped me or any other stoner from smoking it so why would I care if it were illegal or not? Answer...because I would feel better about myself being a stoner if everyone accepted it and perceived users as normal and not addicts or lowlife stoners.

Yea and those cartels make the lions share of their profit from cocaine, meth, and probably al ittle heroine

Weed would be 4th on their list of drugs by profit, probably near the bottom on revenue as well, not to mention other things they do

It's just not profitable. And you don't go to mexicans for weed. White guys grow the good weed. If you were going to steal weed the place to look would not be texas.

Cannabis related violence does exist. I know guys from Chicago who go to places like Cali for the sole purpose or robbing people with outdoor grows. You can just go to google earth and find whole neighborhoods full of little medical grows.

But they are not cartels and they are not fighting over drug markets. Just literal possession of the drugs.

This was 2010...cartels were moving weed through elaborate tunnels with all other drugs I'm sure.
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Now those same cartels are buying houses in neighborhoods and moving all the same drugs through those homes....All Mexifornia did was make things easier for the cartels by sparing them the risky transport across a national border..in addition, they fucked over the families that have to live nextdoor to that bullshit in their once nice and quiet neighborhood.

I know this because I smoked weed for many years and always felt like a lowlife for doing it.
You don't want to believe that people grow up and out of bad habits do you?
It makes you feel like a piece of shit with no self control when you can't huh?

Yea and those cartels make the lions share of their profit from cocaine, meth, and probably al ittle heroine

Weed would be 4th on their list of drugs by profit, probably near the bottom on revenue as well, not to mention other things they do

It's just not profitable. And you don't go to mexicans for weed. White guys grow the good weed. If you were going to steal weed the place to look would not be texas.

Cannabis related violence does exist. I know guys from Chicago who go to places like Cali for the sole purpose or robbing people with outdoor grows. You can just go to google earth and find whole neighborhoods full of little medical grows.

But they are not cartels and they are not fighting over drug markets. Just literal possession of the drugs.

This was 2010...cartels were moving weed through elaborate tunnels with all other drugs I'm sure.

Now those same cartels are buying houses in neighborhoods and moving all the same drugs through those homes....All Mexifornia did was make things easier for the cartels by sparing them the risky transport across a national border..in addition, they fucked over the families that have to live nextdoor to that bullshit in their once nice and quiet neighborhood.

Yea that weed is worth nothing......One whole* box is like a couple hundred dollars wholesale

That cocaine int eh back is where all the value in the bust is, that can be cut and multiplied and sold for vastly higher prices

You would need well over 25 or 30 times the amount of brick weed by volume to match that value. Probably even more if that's relatively pure cocaine which it probably is

edit - literal brick weed people, and it was a hole in the ground that also moved....You guessed it more profitable drugs

Yea that weed is worth nothing......One whole* box is like a couple hundred dollars wholesale

That cocaine int eh back is where all the value in the bust is, that can be cut and multiplied and sold for vastly higher prices

You would need well over 25 or 30 times the amount of brick weed by volume to match that value. Probably even more if that's relatively pure cocaine which it probably is

edit - literal brick weed people, and it was a hole in the ground that also moved....You guessed it more profitable drugs

I won't debate whether or not weed is as profitable as it once was....the market has definitely been whored out by every loadie with a dream of becoming the next Jimmy Cornoyer....The point I make is that legal weed benefits the cartels, the dispensaries and the stoner...the everyday hardworking taxpaying non user gets fucked and has to worry about cartels moving in nextdoor and his employees becoming forgetful, unambitious lowlifes that can't stay focused and follow the simplest instructions...that's all.

Pot is still a Schedule I federally-controlled drug, along with heroin and LSD. If they they can have their pot, why can't I have a machine gun, a silencer, or a hand grenade without paying the $200 tax stamp?

Apparently there is no equality among the criminal.

Because you can't accidentally or purposely kill anyone with reefer?

What the fuck kind of question is that? lol

The accidental death stats with guns are appalling.

*thinks of little girls accidentally shooting their instructor because their retarded fathers think their 10 year old girl is ready to handle a weapon after spending their whole life indoors*

Imagine the fucked up shit you'd see with grenades. My god

marijuana "deaths" do not exist

THC will show up in your blood for a very long time if you have some fat on you.

There is no way to dis-aggregate who is high and who is not during a traffic accident. And you can't prove it makes you a less safe driver in tests. Can be high as a kite and still drive well.

Not to mention most of the populace who wanted to smoke was doing it before it was legal.

Don't argue with me, I didn't conduct the study. But prove there haven't been 10s of thousands of deaths connected with trafficking and turf wars. And don't try to pretend black market sales and arrests will suddenly disappear with legalization, CO has proven otherwise.

We legalized it for a reason bud

Science has consensus on this issue

If it does impair driving ability, sure as shit have a hard time finding it.

It's not a study it's a comment on correlation.....This would not stand up to peer review for the reasons I laid out

I just did my own study and it says that study is shit science. See? Easy

Your opinion is duly noted and properly dismissed. I also noticed you didn't address the remainder of my post. Carry on.

Prohibition is the cause of those other deaths

I did address that exact point in an earlier post just you didn't read it, which is why i ignored it

It's absurd

Plant will grow in a fucking ditch it has no inherent value. Hash should be cents a gram

You would not see anyone killing eachother over it if you had to fill a semi to make a buck, just like people dont' kill each other over tobacco. Which is honestly a much pickier plant when it comes to shit you wanna smoke.

Ditch weed can be processed into something you might consider smoking pretty easily.

When the State has a financial interest in any product that is technically illegal, the black market will undercut the State. It will increase arrest for not only illegal weed, but for tax evasion as well. There will also be increased pressure to control the turf for the illegal weed. You really haven't thought this trough, have you?

They do not exist

You cannot cut weed, the profits aren't high enough to justify moving like that

To traffic cocaine you can afford literal fucking submarines, and yes AK 47s to protect your profits.

Weed gets stuffed in gas tanks.

You can't cut it so it's by volume not profitable. Most organic drugs are not relative to something that can be shipped then cut. It's 2020 geographical drug markets do not exist outside specific organizations. THe reason people think it fuels any real crime is because it's not profitable enough to hide from LEO. While cocaine is. The submarine should be a fucking tell the cocaine is more profitable lol

No one ships their weed via submarine

If i was a member of a specific gang yea i can't move on their little section of the distribution network.....Those rules do not apply everyone else. There is no corner to fight over. All communications are done through cell phones. You aren't even aware of other customers/competitors without social connections.

I'm a cannabis user, i assure you i have thought this through much more than you have.

Out here talking about how weed is causing deaths and talking about how I haven't thought this through....OK boomer

Maybe time to shut the fuck up

All this BS, not one link.

This is so wrong...

I agree, the voters in the state of Washington voted for lower car tabs and the state circumvented it.

If what you say is true, I'm so glad that the court ruled that the vote of the people years ago supersedes tim eymann and his stupid 30 dollar car tabs.

That man is so hated even by republicans that he couldn't even get past the primary. LOL.

It was such a bad initiative that most of the Washington State voters, voted FOR it. Pretty nasty that the government works against the will of the people. Sad day when your own government will screw you over.

This is so wrong...

It was such a bad initiative that most of the Washington State voters, voted FOR it. Pretty nasty that the government works against the will of the people. Sad day when your own government will screw you over.

It happens all the time, in Houston, the toll road authority said once the Sam Houston Parkway was paid for, it would become a free road. After paying for itself three times over, the tolls are still there and have been raised multiple times. Once the government gets its hands on a revenue source, they'll never willingly give it up.

yea im sure you felt like a lowlife back when you were smoking pot.....who the hell do you think is going to buy that bullshit?...

This is so wrong...

I'm asking you if this is the final ruling. I think it went to the state Supreme Court but am not sure.

If you live in Washington you will remember in the 2016 election when we voted to increase our taxes to build the new light rail and other infrastructure. That included repairs to bridges and roads.

If you're saying that the issue has been settled with eyman's initiative resulting in the Supreme Court ruling against eyman, I'm very happy.

The court upheld the vote of the people. We voted in 2016 for all that new infrastructure and repairs. I'm glad that eyman won't be able to stop it.

If you can't afford a few hundred dollars for your tabs, move or get a better job. Every penny of that RTA tax is 100% deductible from your federal income taxes. So all it really works out to be financially is a tax deduction you didn't have before 2016. Plus new infrastructure, safe bridges and roads with less traffic.

If you don't support the vote of the people and don't want to do anything about the traffic problem, move.

The rest of us disagree with you and want to fix our traffic problems.

I applaud the court for upholding the vote of the people.

yea im sure you felt like a lowlife back when you were smoking pot.....who the hell do you think is going to buy that bullshit?...
People with class always feel like trash when they're doing shit that trashy people tend to do...haha, you honesty didn't know that?

This is so wrong...

I'm asking you if this is the final ruling. I think it went to the state Supreme Court but am not sure.

If you live in Washington you will remember in the 2016 election when we voted to increase our taxes to build the new light rail and other infrastructure. That included repairs to bridges and roads.

If you're saying that the issue has been settled with eyman's initiative resulting in the Supreme Court ruling against eyman, I'm very happy.

The court upheld the vote of the people. We voted in 2016 for all that new infrastructure and repairs. I'm glad that eyman won't be able to stop it.

If you can't afford a few hundred dollars for your tabs, move or get a better job. Every penny of that RTA tax is 100% deductible from your federal income taxes. So all it really works out to be financially is a tax deduction you didn't have before 2016. Plus new infrastructure, safe bridges and roads with less traffic.

If you don't support the vote of the people and don't want to do anything about the traffic problem, move.

The rest of us disagree with you and want to fix our traffic problems.

I applaud the court for upholding the vote of the people.

In 2019 we voted it out, so public sentiment changed. The actual will of the people has been overturned, most of us in 2019 were smart and disagreed with you.

People with class always feel like trash when they're doing shit that trashy people tend to do...haha, you honesty didn't know that?
you are so full of shit......try bullshitting people who never smoked pot, you might be able to get them to believe you...

you are so full of shit......try bullshitting people who never smoked pot, you might be able to get them to believe you...

For ease of understanding let me dumb this way down for you.
Be honest with yourself...Do you or have you smoked weed with your children or grandchildren near you...OR do you sneak around, hide out in the man cave or garage to take rips from your bong?
Why do you think that is? You’re ashamed of being a loadie..contrary to what ALL loadies want the general public to believe, it’s just not something classy, motaivated, productive, successful people do...by and large, it’s something reserved for stupid kids, criminals, lowlifes and those with no self control.
Look, I have no problem with people who choose to smoke weed...but don’t you dare try to sell your bullshit and tell me doctors and lawyers are the primary users of marijuana.

View attachment 421791

If you smoke pot then you've always been truthful and answer "YES" when the insurance and medical forms ask if you smoke right?

*****SMILE*****

:)

i expect the same medical treatment conservatives get who

smoke tobacco
chew tobacco
are obese and refuse to diet and exercise
shoot themselves playing with guns
hurt their arms lynching blacks
damage their cars dragging people behind them

What utter bullshit.

For ease of understanding let me dumb this way down for you.
Be honest with yourself...Do you or have you smoked weed with your children or grandchildren near you...OR do you sneak around, hide out in the man cave or garage to take rips from your bong?
Why do you think that is? You’re ashamed of being a loadie..contrary to what ALL loadies want the general public to believe, it’s just not something classy, motaivated, productive, successful people do...by and large, it’s something reserved for stupid kids, criminals, lowlifes and those with no self control.
Look, I have no problem with people who choose to smoke weed...but don’t you dare try to sell your bullshit and tell me doctors and lawyers are the primary users of marijuana.
have you ever done the same while drinking a few beers?...how about those ciggarett smokers?........try bullshitting someone who has never been in that world.....

New Topics

Forum List

Back