South Dakota Police File Lawsuit to Block Measure Legalizing Marijuana Approved by Voters

Pot is still a Schedule I federally-controlled drug, along with heroin and LSD. If they they can have their pot, why can't I have a machine gun, a silencer, or a hand grenade without paying the $200 tax stamp?

Apparently there is no equality among the criminal.
AGREED.

"Gay couple defends pot farm with machine guns."

Liberty!!!

Not exactly...see, there’s a damn good chance that stoned faggot couple is on the welfare tit using my hard work for that sack of weed, running up medical bills associated to butt fucking and drug usage that I get the invoice for....Pull them off my tit, end the welfare mandate and let them kill themselves.
Now that’s liberty.

The little snowflakes are upset that someone might do something they are making lots of money on and harassing people over.

They would prefer they go home and drink and beat the wife like they do.

I smoked pot while many people on here were still wearing diapers. From '68 all the way until 2007 I was a walking talking billboard for the drug culture.

Do you really want me to explain why the SD police know that legalizing pot is a stupid idea? First let me ask you this: Do you like all those illegal guns on the street, wanted felons wandering around freely, and those drugs like heroin, fentanyl, meth, and crack cocaine?

The reason law-enforcement is against de-criminalizing marijuana is that many times, the smell wafting from the car gives them probable cause for a search. They don't even have to stop the car first, most law officers can smell the shit as they pass the offending car.

So what happens after they search the car and invariably find illegal weapons, hard drugs, stolen merchandise, burglar tools, warrants for unpaid tickets, and wanted felons?

You love your community, don't you? So why would you want all those guns, drugs, and wanted felons on the streets? Why do you want to deprive your community of the revenue they need for fines that get paid?

Not interested. I do not believe in restricting the vast majority over the actions of the few but tell us, what really caused you to be a gang banger?

"Gang banger"? That made no sense at all.

You said you smoked and people who smoke do the things you claimed.

What made you do that? Why didn't you just chill?

I guess the liberal pot heads will have to wait until this makes it's way through the courts before they can make their vacation plans for South Dakota.

What happened to the will of the people who put their idiot asses in office?

South Dakota police have filed suit to overturn a voter-approved amendment to the state constitution that legalized marijuana earlier this month.

Pennington County Sheriff Kevin Thom and Highway Patrol Superintendent Rick Miller filed a lawsuit seeking to invalidate the amendment last week despite South Dakota voters signaling their clear approval of marijuana legalization during the election.

"I've dedicated my life to defending and upholding the rule of law," Thom said in a statement. "The South Dakota Constitution is the foundation for our government and any attempt to modify it should not be taken lightly. I respect the voice of the voters in South Dakota, however in this case I believe the process was flawed and done improperly, due to no fault of the voters."

Around 70 percent voted in favor of a separate initiative allowing medical use, while the amendment permitting recreational use was approved by about 54 percent of voters. South Dakota was one of four states that voted to legalize recreational marijuana use this year, as well as the first state ever to approve both medical and recreational use at the same time.

The cops make lots of money off of drugs. They use "fighting" the drug boogie man as an excuse to continually increase their budgets.

This is so wrong...

Read more: South Dakota police file lawsuit to block measure legalizing marijuana approved by voters

conservative christian republican anti constitution anti freedom police

View attachment 421791

If you smoke pot then you've always been truthful and answer "YES" when the insurance and medical forms ask if you smoke right?

*****SMILE*****

:)

i expect the same medical treatment conservatives get who

smoke tobacco
chew tobacco
are obese and refuse to diet and exercise
shoot themselves playing with guns
hurt their arms lynching blacks
damage their cars dragging people behind them

Pot is still a Schedule I federally-controlled drug, along with heroin and LSD. If they they can have their pot, why can't I have a machine gun, a silencer, or a hand grenade without paying the $200 tax stamp?

Apparently there is no equality among the criminal.

now that was pretty idiotic

South Dakota police have filed suit to overturn a voter-approved amendment to the state constitution that legalized marijuana earlier this month.

Pennington County Sheriff Kevin Thom and Highway Patrol Superintendent Rick Miller filed a lawsuit seeking to invalidate the amendment last week despite South Dakota voters signaling their clear approval of marijuana legalization during the election.

"I've dedicated my life to defending and upholding the rule of law," Thom said in a statement. "The South Dakota Constitution is the foundation for our government and any attempt to modify it should not be taken lightly. I respect the voice of the voters in South Dakota, however in this case I believe the process was flawed and done improperly, due to no fault of the voters."

Around 70 percent voted in favor of a separate initiative allowing medical use, while the amendment permitting recreational use was approved by about 54 percent of voters. South Dakota was one of four states that voted to legalize recreational marijuana use this year, as well as the first state ever to approve both medical and recreational use at the same time.

The cops make lots of money off of drugs. They use "fighting" the drug boogie man as an excuse to continually increase their budgets.

This is so wrong...

Read more: South Dakota police file lawsuit to block measure legalizing marijuana approved by voters

conservative christian republican anti constitution anti freedom police

This is so wrong...

It's not just increasing their budgets.

It's also confiscating assets which the police can then keep to sell.

The small towns in states like South Dakota depend a lot on the revenues of tickets and fines from people.

The police don't give a damn about marijuana beyond it's ability to bring in revenues in many ways.

I'm not surprised that both measures passed. Most of the people of this nation don't want marijuana to be illegal.

The people spoke. Both measures passed.

The police should just accept the will of the people.

...Pull them off my tit, end the welfare mandate and let them kill themselves.
Now that’s liberty.
To the fucking choir, thou art preaching.

The only way liberty works is for people to suffer the consequences of it.

The tiger suffers the consequences of living in the wild, facing starvation, competition, weather, disease, etc. Yet, give a tiger the opportunity, what do you think he will choose?

Freedom is costly but worth it.

"I've dedicated my life to defending and upholding the rule of law," Thom said in a statement. "The South Dakota Constitution is the foundation for our government and any attempt to modify it should not be taken lightly. I respect the voice of the voters in South Dakota, however in this case I believe the process was flawed and done improperly, due to no fault of the voters." ibid

This makes no sense.

The will of the people is the foundation of government, codified in the state constitution – to seek to ignore the will of the people as expressed in the constitution is to disrespect both.
How many sides does your mouth have?

“Around 70 percent voted in favor of a separate initiative allowing medical use, while the amendment permitting recreational use was approved by about 54 percent of voters. South Dakota was one of four states that voted to legalize recreational marijuana use this year, as well as the first state ever to approve both medical and recreational use at the same time.” ibid

As a political aside, it’s interesting to note how red states are enacting measures to legalize recreational marijuana – illustrating how out-of-touch most conservatives are.

No matter how hard the reactionary right fights against positive, beneficial change, the people will have that positive, beneficial change regardless.
Yeah, does this look like beneficial?

This is so wrong...

They're probably bored and would have nothing else to do at work.

“Around 70 percent voted in favor of a separate initiative allowing medical use, while the amendment permitting recreational use was approved by about 54 percent of voters. South Dakota was one of four states that voted to legalize recreational marijuana use this year, as well as the first state ever to approve both medical and recreational use at the same time.” ibid

As a political aside, it’s interesting to note how red states are enacting measures to legalize recreational marijuana – illustrating how out-of-touch most conservatives are.

No matter how hard the reactionary right fights against positive, beneficial change, the people will have that positive, beneficial change regardless.
Yeah, does this look like beneficial?

What do those videos have to do with the topic?

This is so wrong...

Yeah, you commies are all about the supremacy clause until it's used to stop you from undermining the country. Typical commie bullshit.

This is so wrong...

Yeah, what happened to the will of the people when 10 million US citizens didnt want a government healthcare system forced upon them or be taxed to stay exempt. Yeah...

Or voted against faghadist marriage every time it was on the ballot.

Hopefully the courts do not side with the police.

Weed should be legal everywhee and Trump should pardon everyone who went to prison for non violent weed offenses from Bidens racist Crime bill.

There no such thing as a nonviolent drug crime, it all fuels killing among gangs and cartels.

Forum List

Back