South Dakota Police File Lawsuit to Block Measure Legalizing Marijuana Approved by Voters

View attachment 421791

If you smoke pot then you've always been truthful and answer "YES" when the insurance and medical forms ask if you smoke right?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Insurance asks you if you smoke cigarettes

I don't recall any drug questions when i've moved insurers, granted I've only had my own insurance for about half a decade so maybe it used to be normal?

Pot is still a Schedule I federally-controlled drug, along with heroin and LSD. If they they can have their pot, why can't I have a machine gun, a silencer, or a hand grenade without paying the $200 tax stamp?

Apparently there is no equality among the criminal.
AGREED.

"Gay couple defends pot farm with machine guns."

Liberty!!!

Need a link with that quote. Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 421791

If you smoke pot then you've always been truthful and answer "YES" when the insurance and medical forms ask if you smoke right?

*****SMILE*****

I don't recall any drug questions when i've moved insurers, granted I've only had my own insurance for about half a decade so maybe it used to be normal?

1606418177018.png

I see. So since I smoke cigars I can answer "NO" to the smoking question.

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 421791

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 421795

*****SMILE*****

The question is either tobacco use or cigarettes, i don't remember which i smoke cigarettes so that's how i answered

It's definitely not a "do you smoke"

Tobacco and other drugs are always in separate parts of the questions.....Doctors do ask

View attachment 421791

*****SMILE*****

Nobody ever asks about happy brownies, so....
:dunno:

And it is asking about the use of tobacco products, not just smoking.

By the way, I have never used pot or any other illegal drug. I didn't start drinking until 10 years into my current profession (yes, seriously).

The lawsuit is bullshit. The people should not have had to reverse years of bullshit law in the first place.

View attachment 421791

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 421795

*****SMILE*****

The question is "do you use tobacco products." I know. I just answered that question not too long ago.

What happened to the will of the people who put their idiot asses in office?

South Dakota police have filed suit to overturn a voter-approved amendment to the state constitution that legalized marijuana earlier this month.

Pennington County Sheriff Kevin Thom and Highway Patrol Superintendent Rick Miller filed a lawsuit seeking to invalidate the amendment last week despite South Dakota voters signaling their clear approval of marijuana legalization during the election.

"I've dedicated my life to defending and upholding the rule of law," Thom said in a statement. "The South Dakota Constitution is the foundation for our government and any attempt to modify it should not be taken lightly. I respect the voice of the voters in South Dakota, however in this case I believe the process was flawed and done improperly, due to no fault of the voters."

Around 70 percent voted in favor of a separate initiative allowing medical use, while the amendment permitting recreational use was approved by about 54 percent of voters. South Dakota was one of four states that voted to legalize recreational marijuana use this year, as well as the first state ever to approve both medical and recreational use at the same time.

The cops make lots of money off of drugs. They use "fighting" the drug boogie man as an excuse to continually increase their budgets.

This is so wrong...

Read more: South Dakota police file lawsuit to block measure legalizing marijuana approved by voters
For once I agree with you. I despise the drug war and drug warriors.

Pot is still a Schedule I federally-controlled drug, along with heroin and LSD. If they they can have their pot, why can't I have a machine gun, a silencer, or a hand grenade without paying the $200 tax stamp?

Apparently there is no equality among the criminal.

Because you can't accidentally or purposely kill anyone with reefer?

What the fuck kind of question is that? lol

The accidental death stats with guns are appalling.

*thinks of little girls accidentally shooting their instructor because their retarded fathers think their 10 year old girl is ready to handle a weapon after spending their whole life indoors*

Imagine the fucked up shit you'd see with grenades. My god

The little snowflakes are upset that someone might do something they are making lots of money on and harassing people over.

They would prefer they go home and drink and beat the wife like they do.

I smoked pot while many people on here were still wearing diapers. From '68 all the way until 2007 I was a walking talking billboard for the drug culture.

Do you really want me to explain why the SD police know that legalizing pot is a stupid idea? First let me ask you this: Do you like all those illegal guns on the street, wanted felons wandering around freely, and those drugs like heroin, fentanyl, meth, and crack cocaine?

The reason law-enforcement is against de-criminalizing marijuana is that many times, the smell wafting from the car gives them probable cause for a search. They don't even have to stop the car first, most law officers can smell the shit as they pass the offending car.

So what happens after they search the car and invariably find illegal weapons, hard drugs, stolen merchandise, burglar tools, warrants for unpaid tickets, and wanted felons?

You love your community, don't you? So why would you want all those guns, drugs, and wanted felons on the streets? Why do you want to deprive your community of the revenue they need for fines that get paid?

Last edited:

South Dakota police have filed suit to overturn a voter-approved amendment to the state constitution that legalized marijuana earlier this month.

Pennington County Sheriff Kevin Thom and Highway Patrol Superintendent Rick Miller filed a lawsuit seeking to invalidate the amendment last week despite South Dakota voters signaling their clear approval of marijuana legalization during the election.

"I've dedicated my life to defending and upholding the rule of law," Thom said in a statement. "The South Dakota Constitution is the foundation for our government and any attempt to modify it should not be taken lightly. I respect the voice of the voters in South Dakota, however in this case I believe the process was flawed and done improperly, due to no fault of the voters."

Around 70 percent voted in favor of a separate initiative allowing medical use, while the amendment permitting recreational use was approved by about 54 percent of voters. South Dakota was one of four states that voted to legalize recreational marijuana use this year, as well as the first state ever to approve both medical and recreational use at the same time.

The cops make lots of money off of drugs. They use "fighting" the drug boogie man as an excuse to continually increase their budgets.

This is so wrong...

Read more: South Dakota police file lawsuit to block measure legalizing marijuana approved by voters

Do you universally agree with “will of the people?” What happens when “will of the people” is on an issue that is at variance with your views? Do you then shift to “let the minority voices be heard”?

View attachment 421791

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 421795

*****SMILE*****

The question is either tobacco use or cigarettes, i don't remember which i smoke cigarettes so that's how i answered

Tobacco and other drugs are always in separate parts of the questions.....Doctors do ask

1606418502592.png

I'm only pointing out that it seems only fair that insurance and medical costs should go up for drug users.

Shall we add food and beverages to that list also?

Seems only fair since what a person ingests affects their health.

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 421791

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 421795

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 421797

I'm only pointing out that it seems only fair that insurance and medical costs should go up for drug users.

Shall we add food and beverages to that list also?

Seems only fair since what a person ingests affects their health.

*****SMILE*****

They single* out tobacco users because we're a minority that correlates with higher costs

Yea american eating habits lead to higher costs but if the majority of your customers have similiar habits and risk profiles there is no real gain to be had there.

What seems unfair to you about that?

Making a special bracket for soda drinkers when most Americans have a soda every once in a while doesn't make any sense. Neither would caring about a smoking male in 1955

The little snowflakes are upset that someone might do something they are making lots of money on and harassing people over.

I smoked pot while many people on here were still wearing diapers. From '68 all the way until 2007 I was a walking talking billboard for the drug culture.

Do you really want me to explain why the SD police know that legalizing pot is a stupid idea? First let me ask you this: Do you like all those illegal guns on the street, wanted felons wandering around freely, and those drugs like heroin, fentanyl, meth, and crack cocaine?

The reason law-enforcement is against de-criminalizing marijuana is that many times, the smell wafting from the car gives them probable cause for a search. They don't even have to stop the car first, most law officers can smell the shit as they pass the offending car.

So what happens after they search the car and invariably find illegal weapons, hard drugs, stolen merchandise, burglar tools, warrants for unpaid tickets, and wanted felons?

You love your community, don't you? So why would you want all those guns, drugs, and wanted felons on the streets? Why do you want to deprive your community of the revenue they need for fines that get paid?

...Unless you have absurd amounts of cannabis in your vehicle and it's* not packaged at all no one can smell reefer as they pass your car. lol

Certainly couldn't with the shit weed old folks used to smoke

View attachment 421791

*****SMILE*****

Nobody ever asks about happy brownies, so....
:dunno:

And it is asking about the use of tobacco products, not just smoking.

By the way, I have never used pot or any other illegal drug. I didn't start drinking until 10 years into my current profession (yes, seriously).

The lawsuit is bullshit. The people should not have had to reverse years of bullshit law in the first place.

1606418757890.png

It's not my point.

Everyone should pay their fair share in insurance and medical if they're using products that affect their health.

They should also pay a tax for over the counter recreational drugs just like everyone does for alcohol and tobacco. If they don't like the tax that's too bad!

*****SMILE*****

...Unless you have absurd amounts of cannabis in your vehicle and it's* not packaged at all no one can smell reefer as they pass your car. lol

Certainly couldn't with the shit weed old folks used to smoke

The fact remains, it still gives them probably cause to search, thereby arresting people for real crimes. Most LEOs don't care if you just smoked pot nowdays, until they search you car and find other shit. You'd be surprised how many innocent little pot-smokers are also carrying weapons, other drugs, warrants, and other shit.

You're not even supposed to be in possession of a firearm if you're under the influence of or a user of marijuana. And yet, FBI statistics have shown that most black people arrested for weapons violation as well as most other crimes, have been found to have marijuana in their system.

Well gee golly.

Everyone should pay their fair share in insurance and medical if they're using products that affect their health.
I don't disagree.

As of right now, nobody asks about pot that I know of. Pot is not shown to be dramatically harmful to one's health in the same fashion as tobacco products. Otherwise, they would test for it before offering insurance.

I am fit as a fiddle. I exercise regularly. I eat a very strict diet. But, I have high blood pressure because of sleep apnea. It is completely unrelated to the usual cause of cardio-vascular health, but I get popped for it anyway.

Is it fair for the insurance company to charge me more, but the guy who hasn't seen his toes in 30 years pays less?

Life insurance premium-setting practices are kind of bullshit.

Not interested. I do not believe in restricting the vast majority over the actions of the few but tell us, what really caused you to be a gang banger?

This is so wrong...

Yeah, what happened to the will of the people when 10 million US citizens didnt want a government healthcare system forced upon them or be taxed to stay exempt. Yeah...

Only 10 million? Anyway, healthcare is up for a vote during elections while the SD marijuana legalization was voted on directly.

Not interested. I do not believe in restricting the vast majority over the actions of the few but tell us, what really caused you to be a gang banger?

"Gang banger"? That made no sense at all.

Forum List

Back