Sorry I've been away so long, but I have been preoccupied with wall street

MiddleClass

Moderate American
Aug 26, 2011
Delaware
Sorry I've been away so long, but I have been preoccupied with wall street. Here is the latest on the Movement of the 99% of Americans :clap2:

Over 200k in monetary donations have been received, along with many non-perishables and medical aid.

From: Occupy Wall Street | NYC Protest for American Revolution

Occupy Wall Street Marks One Month at Liberty Square

Occupations Spread to Over 100 US Cities

Movement For Economic Justice Gains Global Momentum

Liberty Square, New York, NY — One month ago today about 2,000 people rallied in Lower Manhattan and marched up Broadway. Stopping at Zuccotti Park an estimated 150 stayed the night and began an encampment. Renaming the space “Liberty Square,” we kicked off a protest against bank bailouts, corporate greed, and the unchecked power of Wall Street in Washington. In the last month, the message of “We are the 99%” has won the hearts and minds of over half of Americans (according to a recent Time survey) and is gaining ground globally, with 1500 protests in 82 countries this past Saturday (October 15).

“I am here to celebrate the 30th day of this protest against corporate power,” said Karanja Gacuca from Liberty Square, a former Wall Street analyst who now organizes with Occupy Wall Street. “Concerned about the egregious Wall Street bonuses — particularly after the industry accepted a tax-payer bailout and the middle class continues to be squeezed — I believe it's time for a fairer system that provides health care, education, and opportunity for all, and rejects corporate influence over government.”

Inspired by the uprisings across the Arab world, and fueled by the feelings of anger and helplessness of everyday Americans, in the past month Occupy Wall Street has:

Gone Global: On October 15th, protests were held from North and South America to Asia, Africa and Europe, with over 1,500 events in 82 countries, as part of a global day of action.

Flourished with Diversity: Occupiers of different ages, races, walks of life, and political beliefs have joined the movement. The mix grew quickly to include students, elderly people, families with children, construction workers on their lunch breaks, unemployed Wall Street executives, Iraq & Afghanistan veterans, moms, and many others.

Gained Support in the Heartland: Occupy actions are happening all across middle America, from Kethcum, ID to Kalamazoo, MI, from Orlando to Anchorage. Every day financial contributions arrive along with clothes, food, and notes of support from all across the country. A couple from West Virginia who have been sending supplies to Liberty Square occupiers writes: “We are so grateful for all of you involved in this defense of America. We firmly believe this is ‘it.’ If we can't grab this democracy this time, we'll sink and it will be a long time before we will have this opportunity again. Thank you for taking time from your busy life to be there.”

Changed the Conversation: The people-powered force of shared anger at a broken system that profits the top 1% at the expense of the rest of us has shifted our national dialogue. The Occupy Wall Street protest has become a cultural phenomenon, mentioned everywhere from jokes on Saturday Night Live to the solemn dedication the national memorial to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. by President Obama Sunday. We, the occupiers, have shown our country how to come together and respect differences while working together to build a movement for change.

What a month, and we are only getting started!

Occupy Wall Street is a people-powered movement that began on September 17, 2011 in Liberty Square in Manhattan’s Financial District, and has spread to over 100 cities in the United States and actions in over 1,500 cities globally. #OWS is fighting back against the corrosive power of major banks and multinational corporations over the democratic process, and the role of Wall Street in creating an economic collapse that has caused the greatest recession in generations. The movement is inspired by popular uprisings in Egypt and Tunisia, and aims to expose how the richest 1% of people are writing the rules of an unfair global economy that is foreclosing on our future.

Thanks to all who are supporting 99% of Americans:thewave:

And :welcome: to all those are thinking about joining the movement:2up:

Occupy Wall Street | NYC Protest for American Revolution

I didn't even know you had gone away for awhile. See how insignificant you and these protesters are?

99% of Americans?

What a pantload.

Put on your knit cap and sandels and get back to tent city.

Did not miss ya a bit . . But I hope you were not one of the shitters down there shitting on our american flags ect... We do not call you 99 percent we call you the Flea party.. Hope you feel good

Stop pretending to speak for me..

That's the height of arrogance. No one would trust folks that arrogant with the keys to political power.

If you want others to speak for you -- that's your choice.

Were you using your cell phone, or your laptop, or wearing clothes made by those horrible corporations you hate so much?? Why aren't you people in DC where it MIGHT do some good for you? And i doubt very much you represent 99% of the people - not by what i hear! Did you quit your job too so you could be there?? Idiots!!

Ignorant lazy minded Republicans fear the Occupy Movement. Tea Party huh? ha lol - this is what you get for supporting the top 1%. Either jump aboard the 99% band wagon, or get the hell out of the way before you get run over by it :eusa_hand:

Ignorant lazy minded Republicans fear the Occupy Movement. Tea Party huh? ha lol - this is what you get for supporting the top 1%. Either jump aboard the 99% band wagon, or get the hell out of the way before you get run over by it :eusa_hand:

The only thing that will run us over is the sheer stench from the squaters location.

You guys are so fucking stupid. Want to usher in change? Try protesting congress numbnuts.

I belong to 99% only by my tax bracket.

But I would rather be in 1%. Probably I will never get there... but IF ever happen, it will be with hard work.

Now, lets say that 1% you're protesting against goes away. Who you gonna protest against next?

What is this FEAR shit? Is that a goal? You sit there and chant about "striking fear" into people hearts? Not gonna work.

It's ARROGANCE to claim to speak for us. The T.P. never made such a claim. They RESPECT INDIVIDUALISM and separate opinions.

You're not 99% of anything. It's just Leftist politics re-unorganized and running amok...
That's not scary -- it's a waste of time and energy.

How ridiculously stupid are the OWS protestors? Well in so many ways that it's hard to count, but here's one example right here in this OP.

This guy is so dumb that he actually thinks that "The 99%" means that the movement has 99% approval. Now that is some impressive stupidity.

How ridiculously stupid are the OWS protestors? Well in so many ways that it's hard to count, but here's one example right here in this OP.

This guy is so dumb that he actually thinks that "The 99%" means that the movement has 99% approval. Now that is some impressive stupidity.

After three weeks of protests, they still have to decide on 99% of things to put on list of demands.

Oh the IRONY.. You call the REP lazy but they were the ones actually working while you were being a cry baby that you can not get everything for free:cuckoo:

Were you using your cell phone, or your laptop, or wearing clothes made by those horrible corporations you hate so much?? Why aren't you people in DC where it MIGHT do some good for you? And i doubt very much you represent 99% of the people - not by what i hear! Did you quit your job too so you could be there?? Idiots!!

Why aren't they in DC??

It looks better to be on Wall St. After all Wall St. is where the fat cats are. Of course Wall St. can't do anything unless the greedy politicians in DC pave the way for em. But hey. Why let the truth get in the way of a good protest??

You can bet the only 99% they represent is the 99% who are there protesting.

Of course I have no problem with folks portesting. The 1st Ammendment and all. Good for them. Keep it up.

Can hardly wait for that first ice cold Fall rain and the wind whipping throught the canyons of NYC.

Wonder how many of that 99% will still be on the streets??

Forum List

Back