Sorry GOP - Inflation stabilizing, deflation starting

Declined? Pennies. Are you really serious? They can decline back to where they started when Biden took office if Biden would just reinstitute Trump's policies. Did you see that the nation's oil reserves that Biden said he'd use to help is being sent to other countries including CHINA. - Oil from U.S. reserves sent overseas as gasoline prices stay high
Biden needs to be impeached NOW!
Did the XL pipeline get started up? Since that was what was driving prices up is it now driving them down with its oil output?

Also if it was up where would the oil go? Overseas! You guys are fucking retarded.

What. The. Actual. Fuck.
0yplf2wf4ma91.jpg

do you know how global oil markets work? Our refiners pay global markets rates.
Oil supplies that go abroad could have a bigger benefit if they help ease the international benchmark for oil prices. Especially when US refining is at capacity.

0yplf2wf4ma91.jpg

Oil supplies that go abroad could have a bigger benefit if they help ease the international benchmark for oil prices. Especially when US refining is at capacity.

Profits are being measured in currency, in this case, dollars.

What too few people understand is that inflation is not everything becoming more expensive; it's the currency becoming less valuable.

I am 5'9" tall.

If we were to redefine an inch, as being about ¾ of its current value, and keep a foot as being 12 inches, then I would be 7'8" tall.

I wouldn't actually be any taller. It wouldn't be me that changed; it would be the unit being used to measure me.

Of course, during inflationary times, if a company is doing at all well, its profits would appear to increase, not because they actually are any greater, but because the unit being used to measure these profits has been devalued.

0yplf2wf4ma91.jpg

1657427369645.png

If your input costs go up 25% and you raise your prices 25%, what happens to your profits?

Inflation is stabilizing and many indicators suggests we may actually see disinflation. I see it daily in my business. For those of you who believe in a free market capitalist economy this is how it works. Supply has increased with pandemic disruptions mostly behind us and higher prices from greedy corporations has driven demand lower. We are about to see a pricing pullback. Buckle up. Likely lead to a clean democratic sweep this fall of prices moderate.

1. Falling freight rates
  2. Falling commodity prices - worst quarter since Great Recession
  3. Easing rents
  4. Cheaper GPUs
  5. Rising retail inventories

For over a year now, we’ve seen inflation rise relentlessly. Price rises have lowered real wages for most workers, driven popular anger, and threatened economic stability. But there are finally indications that the tide is turning. In March, financial markets were predicting an annualized inflation rate of around 3.5% over the next five years; now, that number is down to 2.6%.

And expectations for inflation over the following five years, which had spiked up during the initial phase of the Ukraine war, have plunged back toward the Fed’s official 2% inflation target:

So markets think prices are going to cool down. That’s good in and of itself, because it means we’re in less danger of the sort of expectations-driven spiral that can lead to truly devastating hyperinflation. Markets have not yet lost confidence in the Fed. But this doesn’t mean we’re out of the woods, since markets are actually pretty bad at predicting future inflation.
That conservatives want the American people to suffer economically for some perceived political gain is one of countless reasons why conservatives are reprehensible.

For those of you who believe in a free market capitalist economy this is how it works.

Your terminology is misleading Gator....

a free market system differs from a capitalist system , they are not synonymous nor interchangeable

the key distinction being government regulations

our government had a direct impact on our economic system, due to just that

~S~

0yplf2wf4ma91.jpg

My comment was on the insanity of the post I was responding to not the point you are making which I agree with.

That conservatives want the American people to suffer economically for some perceived political gain is one of countless reasons why conservatives are reprehensible.

Really?

So, with the current Administration enacting policies that have the very obvious intent and effect of causing serious economic suffering for this country and its people, are you going to claim that Biden and his stooges are really conservatives?

Forum List

Back