Sorry GOP - Inflation stabilizing, deflation starting

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
Inflation is stabilizing and many indicators suggests we may actually see disinflation. I see it daily in my business. For those of you who believe in a free market capitalist economy this is how it works. Supply has increased with pandemic disruptions mostly behind us and higher prices from greedy corporations has driven demand lower. We are about to see a pricing pullback. Buckle up. Likely lead to a clean democratic sweep this fall of prices moderate.

1. Falling freight rates
  2. Falling commodity prices - worst quarter since Great Recession
  3. Easing rents
  4. Cheaper GPUs
  5. Rising retail inventories

For over a year now, we’ve seen inflation rise relentlessly. Price rises have lowered real wages for most workers, driven popular anger, and threatened economic stability. But there are finally indications that the tide is turning. In March, financial markets were predicting an annualized inflation rate of around 3.5% over the next five years; now, that number is down to 2.6%.

And expectations for inflation over the following five years, which had spiked up during the initial phase of the Ukraine war, have plunged back toward the Fed’s official 2% inflation target:

So markets think prices are going to cool down. That’s good in and of itself, because it means we’re in less danger of the sort of expectations-driven spiral that can lead to truly devastating hyperinflation. Markets have not yet lost confidence in the Fed. But this doesn’t mean we’re out of the woods, since markets are actually pretty bad at predicting future inflation.

Inflation is stabilizing and many indicators suggests we may actually see disinflation. I see it daily in my business. For those of you who believe in a free market capitalist economy this is how it works. Supply has increased with pandemic disruptions mostly behind us and higher prices from greedy corporations has driven demand lower. We are about to see a pricing pullback. Buckle up. Likely lead to a clean democratic sweep this fall of prices moderate.

1. Falling freight rates
  3. Easing rents
  4. Cheaper GPUs

For over a year now, we’ve seen inflation rise relentlessly. Price rises have lowered real wages for most workers, driven popular anger, and threatened economic stability. But there are finally indications that the tide is turning. In March, financial markets were predicting an annualized inflation rate of around 3.5% over the next five years; now, that number is down to 2.6%.

And expectations for inflation over the following five years, which had spiked up during the initial phase of the Ukraine war, have plunged back toward the Fed’s official 2% inflation target:

So markets think prices are going to cool down. That’s good in and of itself, because it means we’re in less danger of the sort of expectations-driven spiral that can lead to truly devastating hyperinflation. Markets have not yet lost confidence in the Fed. But this doesn’t mean we’re out of the woods, since markets are actually pretty bad at predicting future inflation.
Good to see. A little quicker than it was looking.

In a dynamic economy, inflation (aside from screwing things up) will also serve as a self-regulator on spending. The Fed now needs to be very careful. It's still hoping for a soft landing, but it's good that the whole freakin' burden may not be on its not-always-stable shoulders.

My concern now is about the still-damaged global supply chains, which could lead to some pretty uneven distribution of capital in the short to mid term.

Fingers crossed. Long way to go.

Last edited:
39d7c536300da28a242a86878a26c906.jpg

1. Falling freight rates
  3. Easing rents
  4. Cheaper GPUs

/-----/ You smokin some strong shyt --
According to the new AP NORC Poll, not only do a majority of Americans believe the country is headed in the wrong direction, but 78 percent of Democrats feel that way.

A majority of people in Biden’s own party are saying that things are headed in the wrong direction.

1. Falling freight rates
  3. Easing rents
  4. Cheaper GPUs

My concern is that in the past, the Fed has tried to fight inflation by encouraging unemployment. I'm just not sure if this 1980's policy will work in the 2020's.

First, because of the mass retirement of boomers, we just don't have a deep pool of excess labor. Yesterday, I was talking to a recruiter through my resume business, and she admitted that when one Boomer retires, they have to hire two millennials to make up for the skill loss, and they demand ridiculous amounts of money for a scant amount of experience, and employers end up giving it to them.

Secondly, because such model assume manufacturing is a bigger part of the labor pool than it is. Between automation and outsourcing, there just aren't as many people who work at factories anymore.

According to the new AP NORC Poll, not only do a majority of Americans believe the country is headed in the wrong direction, but 78 percent of Democrats feel that way.

A majority of people in Biden’s own party are saying that things are headed in the wrong direction.

Not unusual. We've taken a real beating over the last three years.

Same problem in 2010 and 1994... Democrats were fixing things, but people still had a bad taste in their mouths from how badly Republicans fucked things up.

1. Falling freight rates
  3. Easing rents
  4. Cheaper GPUs

From the article YOU linked:

It’s not clear how severe a recession we’re going to get.

Right. So there WILL be a recession--we're just not sure how severe. And we knew this, and voters know just who to blame. But in your fevered imagination, the slightest downturn in the economy that Biden shipwrecked will send Americans voting for Democrats in droves.

Yeah okay

From the article YOU linked:

It’s not clear how severe a recession we’re going to get.

Right. So there WILL be a recession--we're just not sure how severe. And we knew this, and voters know just who to blame. But in your fevered imagination, the slightest downturn in the economy that Biden shipwrecked will send Americans voting for Democrats in droves.

Yeah okay

1656671928764.png

1. Falling freight rates
  3. Easing rents
  4. Cheaper GPUs

Layoffs already being talked of in my neck of the woods:

1. Falling freight rates
  3. Easing rents
  4. Cheaper GPUs

/-----/ CBS says you be lying like a dog. Here are the latest numbers. June numbers will be out on July 10th.
https://www.cbsnews.com › news › inflation-cpi-consumer-price-index-may-2022

Inflation surged 8.6% over the last year — fastest since 1981

Jun 10, 2022 Inflation accelerated across the U.S. in May, jumping to 8.6% — the steepest increase since 1981, according to new government data. The jump in the Consumer Price Index, a broad basket of goods ...

What, 130-odd days till the election and you think a minor easing is going to help your ilk?

The other shoe will drop come around early October when refineries start their turnarounds and one shuts down completely. You can't run them at 95% forever. That and there are fewer refineries now than there was in 2020.

How a massive refinery shortage is contributing to high gas prices

That and the public just does not care for your team's never ending stream of failures nor their general attitude. They fucked around and are going to find out. ;)

Not unusual. We've taken a real beating over the last three years.

Same problem in 2010 and 1994... Democrats were fixing things, but people still had a bad taste in their mouths from how badly Republicans fucked things up.
/------/ "Same problem in 2010 and 1994... Democrats were fixing things, but people still had a bad taste in their mouths from how badly Republicans fucked things up."
What exactly have democRATs fixed? You clowns have been in power for almost two years.
1656672236739.png

1. Falling freight rates
  3. Easing rents
  4. Cheaper GPUs

Inflation "stabilizing" ?

Wake me up when it stops.

"Indicators suggest deflation is starting?"

Wake me up when gasoline drops back to $2.50 at the pump and my cost-of-living retreats backwards enough to make me "whole" again.

Wake me up when the stock market surges ahead for a sustained and prolonged run in which my recent 401(k) losses are recovered and surpassed.

While we're at it.

Wake me up when that border is secure.

And on and on and on...

Face it... Dems are well and truly screwed in November 2022...

And if (a) the Pubs run anybody BUT the Orange Kool-Aid Kon-Man and (b) the Dems run Sleepy Old Joe again, the same is going to hold true for 2024.

1. Falling freight rates
  3. Easing rents
  4. Cheaper GPUs

Dumbass Moon Bats like you are delusional as hell.

Potatohead has done nothing to control inflation and is hell bent on running up the cost of energy even higher than it is. Did you hear about his EPA yesterday trying to shut down gas production in Texas? What the hell do you think that is going to do with the price of energy that is already artificially sky high?

Potatohead has been a disaster for this country with massive inflation, decreased family income, tremendous increase in the cost of energy, increased taxes, near recession economic growth and sending jobs overseas.

Only idiots like you voted for Potatohead and then ignored the fact he stole the election.

The Democrat filth is going to lose Congress this year and nobody is going to vote for a Democrat failure for President for decades after the Potatohead disaster.

Last edited:
What, 130-odd days till the election and you think a minor easing is going to help your ilk?

The other shoe will drop come around early October when refineries start their turnarounds and one shuts down completely. You can't run them at 95% forever. That and there are fewer refineries now than there was in 2020.

How a massive refinery shortage is contributing to high gas prices

That and the public just does not care for your team's never ending stream of failures nor their general attitude. They fucked around and are going to find out. ;)
I am sure that you believe refinery capacity is determined by democrats. I mean SERIOUSly, if you can't find anything else to bitch about with Biden, you need to seek new news sources. LOL

b

I see the progbot delusions & gaslighting are out strong this AM.
Our country is fractured & the economy is crashing. People have much less discretionary income after paying bills which will drag down the businesses that depend on them.
The housing market bubble is popping, our GDP has been contracting for 8 months straight, savings rates are crashing, inflation is destroying any income gains, our domestic energy production is getting hammered, diesel shortages are getting worse, the stock markets are in free fall, the poorest & fixed income are barely making ends meet, companies are announcing layoffs & supply chains are breaking down.
This is the Dems idea of success

401k.jpeg

Inflation "stabilizing" ?

Wake me up when it stops.

"Indicators suggest deflation is starting?"

Wake me up when gasoline drops back to $2.50 at the pump and my cost-of-living retreats backwards enough to make me "whole" again.

Wake me up when the stock market surges ahead for a sustained and prolonged run in which my recent 401(k) losses are recovered and surpassed.

While we're at it.

Wake me up when that border is secure.

And on and on and on...

Face it... Dems are well and truly screwed in November 2022...

And if (a) the Pubs run anybody BUT the Orange Kool-Aid Kon-Man and (b) the Dems run Sleepy Old Joe again, the same is going to hold true for 2024.
/----/ The price of democRAT Kool-Aid has dropped 3% at Stop and Shop.
1656673239025.png

Forum List

Back