What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Songs That Would Never Get Approved To Be Recorded Today

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Reaction score
References to Christianity.
Pretty common in the past.

There are some great songs there. And some shit ones. Why on earth wouldnt they get made ?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hymn 43 Jethro Tull

OP
Weatherman2020

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You are absolutely delusional. If anything, this post demonstrates just how ignorant you are.

And don't even get me started.
Those are specific Christians artists and will NEVER be played on a mainstream secular music radio station.

OP
Weatherman2020

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'll translate the OP for you...
"Gibber gibber...Liberals...gibber...woke...gibber...Christian-hating...gibber gibber..."
Says Karen who piddles her diaper at the sight of a George Washington statue.

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
Because there is always going to be at least one person who is going to find something to hate about every song, why don't I just save us all the trouble of naming off songs and just simply say every song that there is known to man and woman both.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Those are specific Christians artists and will NEVER be played on a mainstream secular music radio station.
Pretty sure I have heard Bridge over Troubed Waters on the radio several times. I dont actually own it but I know all the words. How did that happen ?

I think you just want to be a victim.

OP
Weatherman2020

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I have heard Bridge over Troubed Waters on the radio several times. I dont actually own it but I know all the words. How did that happen ?

I think you just want to be a victim.
Who recorded Bridge over troubled water and when?
Now go back and read the OP heading and get back to us with a report.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Who recorded Bridge over troubled water and when?
Now go back and read the OP heading and get back to us with a report.
It doesnt matter when it was recorded.It gets played today. We should be grateful that "Christian Rock" is a niche genre because examples I have heard are fucking dismal.

OP
Weatherman2020

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It doesnt matter when it was recorded.It gets played today. We should be grateful that "Christian Rock" is a niche genre because examples I have heard are fucking dismal.
Yes, it does matter that I’m right - that no one today will produce any music linked to a positive view of God.

Winston

Gold Member
Reaction score
You are mistaken. Lauren Daigle has broke into the secular charts time and time again. An appearance on "The Voice" rocketed "Hold on to Me" on both itunes and the Billboard 200.

Since the release of her GRAMMY Award winning, platinum certified album Look Up Child, Lauren Daigle has reigned on the Billboard Charts. The album debuted at No. 3 on the Top 200 Albums chart making Daigle the first female artist to simultaneously hit the Top 10 on both Billboard’s Pop and Christian Billboard Album Charts. In addition, the GRAMMY Award winning triple-platinum crossover hit, “You Say,” became the longest-running No. 1 song of any genre on the weekly Billboard Hot charts at an incredible 116 weeks. Daigle has earned seven Billboard Music Awards, four American Music Awards, ten GMA Dove Music Awards and sold-out concert venues all over the world.

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
Weatherman2020

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You are mistaken. Lauren Daigle has broke into the secular charts time and time again. An appearance on "The Voice" rocketed "Hold on to Me" on both itunes and the Billboard 200.

Since the release of her GRAMMY Award winning, platinum certified album Look Up Child, Lauren Daigle has reigned on the Billboard Charts. The album debuted at No. 3 on the Top 200 Albums chart making Daigle the first female artist to simultaneously hit the Top 10 on both Billboard’s Pop and Christian Billboard Album Charts. In addition, the GRAMMY Award winning triple-platinum crossover hit, “You Say,” became the longest-running No. 1 song of any genre on the weekly Billboard Hot charts at an incredible 116 weeks. Daigle has earned seven Billboard Music Awards, four American Music Awards, ten GMA Dove Music Awards and sold-out concert venues all over the world.

Her hit songs you’re talking about are secular with only vague references to God. A secular person would never make the connection. Swithchfoot is the same.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$80.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List