Songs that make you young again....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I hadn't heard this song in years.
I was watchinga Netflix documentary and this song started playing.
Wow... it was 1975 all over again. And I was 10 years old....... wasn't a disco fan, but that doesn't mean none of Disco music wasn't good

When you hear a song from days gone by, does it conjure up a specific memory of what you were doing when the song played back then? Where you were? Who you were with?
It depends, on the rarity I hear the song "The Most Beautiful Girl" by Charlie Rich - it is a specific moment. My mom washing dishes while listening to the radio on top of the refrigerator while I was eating a cookie after school.
The song "Olde Lang Syne" - Dan Folgelberg it takes me back to a specific moment.
Other songs, like this one in the OP - takes me back to summers when I was a kid, it is more of a feeling than a moment

This song is ironic to me.
It takes me back to a time I was driving home within minutes of a girlfriend and I broke up... and out of shear irony this song came on.
It was 1981, and I was 16 years old.

This one brings up summers as a teen.
I have actually done some design work for John Mellencamp in the early 2000s for a promotion.
He lives a few hills over and across the lake from where I live.
I enjoy the fact he can walk around Bloomington, eat dinner and folks generally leave him alone.

Anyway, it's hard to say. I don't exactly feel all that old, honestly speaking.

The 80s were a great time for me, though. The 80s were a blast. The late 80s particularly.

Probably the most fun concerts I went to back then were when Billy Idol was in town.

They were a blast. Always a fun crowd if you and your friends could manage to stay outta jail for dumb sht. Heh heh. That was always a party.

Forum List

Back