Sometime In My 50s, I Became Invisible.

I hear ya.
When you get old the opposite sex definitely doesnt notice you like when you were young.
Unless you have a lot of money and it shows.
Although I'm perfectly happy not being noticed by the young chicks since I dont want the hassle of the wife divorcing me and taking half.

https://archive.vn/Cfn6J#selection-30001.0-30001.83

I didnā€™t notice at first. Itā€™s hard to sense the lack of a thing, like when you donā€™t realize your headache is gone until an hour after it starts to recede.

Itā€™s not like Iā€™d ever been a head-turner. Reasonably attractive, Iā€™ve never stood out in the ways that make people either excited or uncomfortable. But I was pleasing enough (and pleasant enough) that Iā€™d gather grins and glances.

But somewhere in my early 50s, people just stopped noticing me.
I started to have to say ā€œHello?ā€ at the register to get the cashierā€™s attention. As I repeated my coffee order, I could see their eyes moving past me, lighting on younger, bolder, more interesting people.
ā€œThis is it,ā€ I thought. ā€œIā€™ve become invisible.ā€

Small damn wonder. If I was working the register I would say. Excuse me old man, why you so upset?

Fk865UtagAAzV6w_jpeg-2651723.JPG

Welcome to the party bitch, time was not kind to you.....Most everyone joins the ranks of "the invisible" by and by, you are nothing special.
Where are you at in life (at any age) that you need the male gaze from a guy behind a register making maybe $8/hour to deal with some people that the rest of us try to avoid?

I didnā€™t notice at first. Itā€™s hard to sense the lack of a thing, like when you donā€™t realize your headache is gone until an hour after it starts to recede.

Itā€™s not like Iā€™d ever been a head-turner. Reasonably attractive, Iā€™ve never stood out in the ways that make people either excited or uncomfortable. But I was pleasing enough (and pleasant enough) that Iā€™d gather grins and glances.

I started to have to say ā€œHello?ā€ at the register to get the cashierā€™s attention. As I repeated my coffee order, I could see their eyes moving past me, lighting on younger, bolder, more interesting people.

Small damn wonder. If I was working the register I would say. Excuse me old man, why you so upset?

Welcome to the party bitch, time was not kind to you.....Most everyone joins the ranks of "the invisible" by and by, you are nothing special.

That's a good peek into life inside a white leftist bubble. Not a pretty picture.

I hear ya.
When you get old the opposite sex definitely doesnt notice you like when you were young.
Unless you have a lot of money and it shows.
Although I'm perfectly happy not being noticed by the young chicks since I dont want the hassle of the wife divorcing me and taking half.

Isn't love grand. Property and assets last longer though.
Rumore has it that seniors who divorce end up less well off, some in the poor house.

I don't get it. Who is that woman in the photo? You?

Forum List

Back