Something You Wish You Were Better At

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
For me, it's remembering names, not a great weakness in a teacher. ;)

I have a wonderful kid in 7th grade, Adam. He is very nice, smart, generous, and helpful. His older brother, Dan, not so much so. Dan was my student a couple years ago, guess what name I keep calling Adam? You should see his momentary scowl when I do so, then he laughs. I really like Adam! :laugh:

He has a wicked sense of humor though, he seems to intuit my antipathy for the art teacher, so he'll say, "That's ok, Ms. XXX it happens to everyone."

Sports. Or really just anything that requires more than minimal coordination. I'm exceptionally bad at throwing things. But I guess that's lucky for my husband! :tng:

Sports. Or really just anything that requires more than minimal coordination. I'm exceptionally bad at throwing things. But I guess that's lucky for my husband! :tng:

ooohhh that's a bad one, we're going to be calling you, Hillary! :laugh:

http://www.ifeminists.net/introduction/editorials/2002/0507a.html

Is There a Batterer in the US Senate?
May 7, 2002
by Glenn J. Sacks

There is a batterer in the United States Senate.

This abuser's spouse has suffered repeated violent attacks, yet there has been no condemnation of this Senator's violence. Ironically, this Senator, who is one of the most controversial people in American public life today, has somehow escaped reproach for the one thing that both detractors and admirers should agree is genuinely inexcusable--domestic violence.

Who is this perpetrator of domestic violence? New York Senator Hillary Clinton.

The evidence against Ms. Clinton is strong. According to Hillary's admiring biographer Gail Sheehy, author of Hillary's Choice, one of the domestic assaults upon Bill Clinton occurred in 1993, when Hillary slashed Bill Clinton's face with her long fingernails, leaving a "mean claw mark along his jawline."

The incident was first explained as a "shaving accident" and a subsequent attempt was made to pin the blame on Socks the cat. Because of the gouge's size, neither explanation was accepted by observers. Dee Dee Myers, the White House spokeswoman at the time, later explained to Sheehy that it had been singer Barbara Streisand's visit to the White House that had sparked Hillary's jealous, violent rage.

According to Christopher Andersen, author of Bill and Hillary, Hillary also assaulted Bill on August 13, 1999, after the Monica Lewinsky revelations. Andersen writes:

"...the President...weeping, begged her forgiveness. Much of what transpired next between Bill and Hillary Clinton was plainly audible to Secret Service agents and household staff members down the hall. In the past, Hillary had thrown books and an ashtray at the President -- both hitting their mark...Hillary rose to her feet and slapped him across the face -- hard enough to leave a red mark that would be clearly visible to Secret Service agents when he left the room.

" 'You stupid, stupid, stupid bastard,' Hillary shouted. Her words, delivered at the shrill, earsplitting level that had become familiar to White House personnel over the years, ricocheted down the corridor."

Sheehy's account of the incident is similar, adding that Hillary's friend Linda Bloodworth-Thomasen, who was staying with her husband in the private quarters nearby, "thought it was great that Hillary 'smacked him upside the head.' "

The US Department of Justice's Office for Victims of Crime classifies these types of attacks--scratching, slapping, hitting, throwing objects, and inflicting bruises or lacerations--as "physical abuse" and domestic violence.

Bill Clinton handled the incidents in a manner eerily reminiscent of the way many female victims of domestic violence did in the pre-feminist era. Ashamed, he tried to cover the incidents up, even ordering his representatives to publicly alibi his wife's violence. He probably blamed himself for "provoking" her, as if marital infidelity warrants physical assault. And he almost certainly never considered calling the police or formally charging his abuser.

The public's reaction has been of the "what did he do to set her off?" variety--a "blame the victim" mentality that would immediately be recognized and condemned were the genders of the perpetrator and victim reversed. Media coverage of the incidents has almost entirely consisted of jokes on late night TV and talk radio. In narrating these assaults, neither Sheehy nor Andersen mention 'domestic violence' or even write disapprovingly of Hillary's attacks. Needless to say, the reaction would be quite different were it the president's wife who appeared in public with lacerations on her face.

Nor were the incidents mentioned during Hillary's 2000 Senate campaign. In fact, it was former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani who was publicly pilloried as a bad spouse for his failing marriage, while the fact that his electoral opponent was a known abuser merited little or no mention.

The Clinton incidents demonstrate that, despite the overwhelming body of research which shows that men and women initiate and engage in domestic violence equally, the public still largely holds the outdated and discredited view that domestic violence is synonymous with wife-beating.

Ironically, Senator Clinton herself has spoken out on domestic violence on many occasions, and has supported the Family Violence Prevention Fund's $100 million anti-Domestic Violence campaign. The campaign's slogan is "There's No Excuse for Domestic Violence."

What's Senator Clinton's excuse?

Sports. I didn't get involved enough as a kid and my back is bad anyways. Also would like to include my German. If the teacher had been better, I'd probably be better (and before anyone jumps the bandwagon of you get as much out of it as you put in it, this is one of those few examples where it isn't true :p)

Hmmm. lots of things...so hard to pick just one. Although I can't think of one that I honestly really care that much about. So I'll have to say that I'm basically perfect, but could use a bit of improvement in some very superficial areas. :D

Hmmm. lots of things...so hard to pick just one. Although I can't think of one that I honestly really care that much about. So I'll have to say that I'm basically perfect, but could use a bit of improvement in some very superficial areas. :D

That carbuncle really bugs ya ,huh?:laugh:

I'd like to be better at small talk. I'm finding it's much easier to make connections job-wise when you can stand around and BS with someone for a while. I can't really do that, if I don't have anything worth saying, i don't say anything, and on top of that, if I don't like you, I'm definitely not going to go out of my way to talk to you at all.

Attachments

• $scaryhillary.JPG
    $scaryhillary.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 108
I wish I was better in keeping my room tidy. It looks like as though its been bombed or something.

I also wish I could sing. My voice cracks like a rotten egg thanks to adolesence.

Akshay

Being un-fat. Loving people as I love God. I'd like to be better at not being so damn charming that women FLOCK to get a piece of the D-Meat.

:D

Forum List

Back