Something that just doesn't make any sense to me...Black Republicans this election cycle

one thing that I just have not understood is the idea of a black person also being a democrat

You should try talking to a black person about your lack of understanding. You MIGHT learn something. But I doubt it.
I mentor black youth in STEM and I will tell you they are shocked to learn about you democrats and the historical and institutional racism of your democrat party....

I've enlightened many a black mind....how many have you enslaved?

Let's be fair here.

The old democratic party is closer in ideology to the current republican party, and vice versa.
That's the only defense you liberals have left....I don't blame you for playing it, you're a monster and people/blacks are seeing it now....

That's the only defense you liberals have left....I don't blame you for playing it, you're a monster and people/blacks are seeing it now....

:confused-84: I didn't know I was a liberal,

I have been living a lie! :crybaby:

Trump needs to campaign on reforming public schools, no parent wants their kids to be punished with a public education

one thing that I just have not understood is the idea of a black person also being a democrat

You should try talking to a black person about your lack of understanding. You MIGHT learn something. But I doubt it.

Blacks have voted Democrat overwhelmingly for 50 years. The disintegration of the black family coincides with that action. The results for blacks having done so is lower educational attainment, higher poverty, higher unemployment, high illegitimate birth rates, etc. for having done so. When you address is with them, you get excuses and the typical blame whitey/slavery for it. With the results and the excuses, I understand all I need to understand.

When you address is with them, you get excuses and the typical blame whitey/slavery for it. With the results and the excuses, I understand all I need to understand.

More false hive mindset.

Most working black Americans are as apathetic as everybody else. Democrats are just the default and easy vote, like Republicans are with fundamentalist Christians in the south.

Like other categories of people, the way black people are supposed to think has already been predetermined.

For those that can think for themselves, they cannot get behind conservative politics because they feel under attack by conservatives. They would not be wrong.

The rest are dependent on the government, and are content being served by liberal policies.

Sums it up quite nicely. Conservatives refuse to believe blacks can actually think for themselves, because they don't vote the way they think they should.

It's a matter of the RESULTS of having voted the way they DO. The results in education, poverty, unemployment, illegitimate births, crime, and all sorts of other things aren't what I would think any black would believe is acceptable. By their continuing to vote for the same people that have produced those results, logic says they either aren't thinking or they don't have a problem with the results. When you ask why, you get things to the effect of "at least Democrats try".

When you address is with them, you get excuses and the typical blame whitey/slavery for it. With the results and the excuses, I understand all I need to understand.

More false hive mindset.

Most working black Americans are as apathetic as everybody else. Democrats are just the default and easy vote, like Republicans are with fundamentalist Christians in the south.

With what Democrats support on many issues important to Christians, it's easy to see why they tend to favor Republicans.

When the results of blacks having voted Democrat for 50 years are what they are, there are two options as to why blacks continue to vote Democrat. It's either because they know but don't care or they, as you seem to think, don't know and are apathetic. There isn't an in between.

The OP is full of such shite, and the rant is nothing but the same ol' same ol' from the left, hypocritically demonizing the GOP, Conservatives, and their candidate.

The news has reported libs / Hillary supporters showing up at Trump Rallies wearing sheets and handing out Nazi propaganda.

The news has reported the endorsements from the KKK and the racist black terrorist organization BLM.

The news has already reported on the DNC's own e-mails that were leaked which exposed their Anti-Semitic, racist, sexist, homophobic rants. jokes, and mocking of Jews, blacks, women, and gays.

The news has already reported Hillary taking MILLIONS from Islamic nations that oppress women, mutilate the female genitalia of women, who murder women for being raped, and who murder gays...and how she says she will NOT STOP taking money from these people until they get what they paid for - the Presidency.

That doesn't stop the asinine, hypocritical, rabidly partisan rants and false accusations launched against the GOP, mainly as a distraction from all of their own 'sins'.

You hear the racist Democrats scream 'racist' at others so often that eventually all you hear is Charlie Brown's teacher: "Waah Waaah, Waah Wah, Whaah Waah WaaH Wah Wah".

They think firing a few people for allowing their personal e-mails to be hacked - NOT for the anti-Semitic, racist, sexist, homophobic jokes and comments - will appease the masses / minorities while engaging in this BS...maybe it will with some really stupid voters. You can't, however, proclaim to be the champion of the very people you are mocking, laughing at, and whose religious beliefs you are attacking behind closed doors...not after the light is shined upon it.

But they sure are continuing to try.

With what Democrats support on many issues important to Christians, it's easy to see why they tend to favor Republicans.

When the results of blacks having voted Democrat for 50 years are what they are, there are two options as to why blacks continue to vote Democrat. It's either because they know but don't care or they, as you seem to think, don't know and are apathetic. There isn't an in between.

Neither side fully benefits the other.

It isn't like there are not issues that cause black Americans to continue to vote for the Democratic Party. Whether you agree or disagree with the means the Democratic party employs, they seem to be the only ones representing black Americans. Black Americans have a tendency to get attacked from the right.

Apparently you and the 95% of blacks that vote Democrat have looked at the results blacks have had by supporting Democrats. Blacks fall behind in many social, educational, economic categories where low isn't better. The same applies when they're higher than others and high isn't better.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you intend the second and third statements above to mean in context with the first one. I'll show you why not...

Broken down, what you've written is this:
I and black folks have looked at a set of results --> Blacks fall behind in areas where "low" isn't better --> Blacks also fall behind in areas where high isn't better.​

Hopefully my having broken it down for you helps you see the incoherence of that sequence of ideas that are all in one paragraph, yet have no real relation to each other. There is likely some idea (maybe a sentence's worth; maybe a paragraphs' worth, I don't know...) that you've left unstated and that rightly belongs between the first and second sentences to connect their ideas, but I have no way to tell what it may be. So that's why I'm asking you to clarify your remarks.

In areas like education, income, etc. where being on the low end of the scale isn't good, many blacks are on that low end. They finish high school at a lower rate than other groups. They have average income lower than other groups. Being lower here isn't like a golf score. It's not good.

In areas like illegitimate birth rates, poverty, unemployment, etc. blacks tend to have higher percentages in those areas where having a higher percentage isn't good. Blacks have an illegitimate birth rate at over 70%. Blacks are in poverty more than any other group. Blacks have higher unemployment than any other group.

50 years of Democrat voting at a high percentage among blacks and black continue to vote Democrat. The party that claims to be the one helping blacks has produced disastrous results. When you ask "why?" you get answer that place the slavery card or things to the effect of "at least Democrats try".

Neither side fully benefits the other.

It isn't like there are not issues that cause black Americans to continue to vote for the Democratic Party. Whether you agree or disagree with the means the Democratic party employs, they seem to be the only ones representing black Americans. Black Americans have a tendency to get attacked from the right.

Asking why a group of people continue to vote for a party that claims to care about them yet the results of having voted for that party are disastrous isn't attacking. I've asked. I get answer like "at least they try" or the ever popular slavery excuse.

Asking why a group of people continue to vote for a party that claims to care about them yet the results of having voted for that party are disastrous isn't attacking. I've asked. I get answer like "at least they try" or the ever popular slavery excuse.

Do not get me wrong. I hate liberal policies as much as the next guy.

I am just trying to explain why black Americans go Democrat. The "at least we try" argument isn't that bad of a reason, because the Republican party doesn't.

I am just trying to explain why black Americans go Democrat. The "at least we try" argument isn't that bad of a reason, because the Republican party doesn't.

The problem is what Democrats have tried hasn't worked and involves one of pandering and making excuses. That's not trying when you don't really care whether they work or not and you have excuses when they don't.

Democrats will say what you say about Republicans not doing anything. Yet when you ask what Republicans should do, it, for the most part, involves giving more and more and more. When are people going to take responsibility to do for themselves?

The problem is what Democrats have tried hasn't worked and involves one of pandering and making excuses. That's not trying when you don't really care whether they work or not and you have excuses when they don't.

I attribute that more to ignorance than a lack of trying.

Modern liberalism isn't the only failed ideology that is still going on strong.

When are people going to take responsibility to do for themselves?

When the American people no longer have a state to become dependent on.

I attribute that more to ignorance than a lack of trying.

Modern liberalism isn't the only failed ideology that is still going on strong.

When are people going to take responsibility to do for themselves?

When the American people no longer have a state to become dependent on.

It can't be ignorance. There are plenty of sources that provide the results I've explained. Choosing not to educate oneself isn't ignorant but lazy. Lazy isn't wanting to know while ignorance is not knowing. Unwillingness to accept the truth is not ignorance.

With dependency, it gets back to the excuses explanation I have. If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count of the support of Paul. At the same time, Democrats chastise Peter because he doesn't like being "robbed".

I mentor black youth in STEM and I will tell you they are shocked to learn about you democrats and the historical and institutional racism of your democrat party....

I've enlightened many a black mind....how many have you enslaved?

Let's be fair here.

The old democratic party is closer in ideology to the current republican party, and vice versa.

Red:
Spot on!

I'm sure you've seen the lack of intellectual integrity shown by folks who pathetically assert Trump's merits based on a specious appeal to tradition that relies upon the Republican party, its officials, and candidates' pre-21st century (roughly) initiatives as the evidence of their claim.

I've seen folks on USMB and on the news assert that Democrats have beguiled blacks. Those folks assert that Democrats have taken the political spoils of black electoral approbation while enacting little but "double-edged window dressing" legislation aimed not only to appease blacks but also effect no genuine advancement among them. Now it's not that there're not a few kernels of validity to that claim, for there are some. But the whole matter is not a simple "tailored for a soundbite or tweet" matter, yet people routinely attempt to present it in just that way. That's just disingenuous from jump, and black folks can see that it is, even black folks who don't know what the word "disingenuous" means recognize the behavior is, they don't trust people who display it.

The problem, however, is that in making those claims, their advocates do not also own the execrable reality of the modern GOP's having become the ideological home of overt racists. Moreover, they don't ever move to evict them from the party. The problem is exacerbated when the party nominates a man like Donald Trump who almost daily displays his concinnity with overt racists. To boot, Trump himself has not by any measure denounced the racists who have publicly endorsed him. The closest he came to it was to say he's not responsible for whom they choose to endorse. There again, however, few and far between are the Republicans who show the integrity it takes to openly chide Trump for his wishy-washy response to the racists in the GOP.

So when one gets down to brass tacks, the GOP just doesn't come off as credible when it comes to matters of race.
  • The bulk of racists are clearly in the GOP.
  • The GOP's leader doesn't tell them to go elsewhere and neither do other party leaders.
  • Other party leaders do the "wink and nod" thing as goes their leader and the overt GOP racists.
  • The party leader doesn't identify specific plans/tactics he'd used to improve blacks' situation.
  • The party leader doesn't appear before black audiences or speak at black events.
In contrast, for whatever shades of complex truth there are as goes the "Democrats have been ruinous for blacks" argument, at the very least, Democrats at least openly denounce the racists. No, the Dems have been no godsend for blacks, but the problem there is that blacks haven't returned to a point that they have the political power to hold Democrat legislators fully accountable to them, but blacks are gradually building that power. If they were to realign themselves with Republicans, they'd have to start all over again building the political power base to hold the GOP accountable, and they'd have to find a way to cast out the overt racists in the GOP, thereby deferring even more their achieving that end. What's the point of doing that? None.

Forum List

Back