Something I did not realize

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Even if you don't have a GPS built into your vehicle you can still be track. There is a tracking chip in your tires. While channel surfing I came accross this program on the discovery channel called track me if you can. very informative.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j83OwZV6CwE&feature=related]Track Me If You Can - 2:4 - YouTube[/ame]

So I did some checking about the tires and yes the information was correct.

Michelin, which manufactures 800,000 tires a day, is going to insert RFID tags into its tires. The tag will store a unique number for each tire, a number that will be associated with the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number). Good for Michelin, and car manufacturers, and fighting crime. Potentially bad for you. Who will assure your privacy? Do you really want your car's tires broadcasting your every move?

Rfid Chips

The sad truth seems to be that the federal government has the ability to track us US citizens but the geniuses can't seem to stop jihad criminal murderers from blowing up Americans anywhere else.

The sad truth seems to be that the federal government has the ability to track us US citizens but the geniuses can't seem to stop jihad criminal murderers from blowing up Americans anywhere else.

But it's the only way you can control people who have lived their lives based on the idea they have freedom and liberty's protected by the bill of rights.

Are we ever gonna pay that bill for those rights?

"Are we ever gonna pay...the bill for those (Constituional) rights"? Interesting opinion by the left in light of the NC democrat governor who suggested that we suspend the Constitution this year. Is there a cocktail party conspiracy among liberals to table Constitutional rights long enough for the revolution to gain a foothold?

Are we ever gonna pay that bill for those rights?

"Are we ever gonna pay...the bill for those (Constituional) rights"? Interesting opinion by the left in light of the NC democrat governor who suggested that we suspend the Constitution this year. Is there a cocktail party conspiracy among liberals to table Constitutional rights long enough for the revolution to gain a foothold?

I don't understand why someone would appear to have a problem with this information. but USSR citizen seems to have a problem with it.

I think that it has been used to prosecute people for vehicular homicide; has it not?

the government needs the slightist bit of help anything will do to invade on the privacy of American citizens., Those who give up liberty for safety do not deserve liberty or safety.
Parapharsed Ben Franklin.

I think that it has been used to prosecute people for vehicular homicide; has it not?

the government needs the slightist bit of help anything will do to invade on the privacy of American citizens., Those who give up liberty for safety do not deserve liberty or safety.

Oh trust me. I don't like it either. It's a crappy fact of life, now. There are cameras everywhere. Trying to recall the details of another incident....I think it was somewhere overseas, and it dealt with a trail derailment, or something like that. Law enforcement checked his internet records and discovered that the gentleman responsible for the incident had been online until the wee hours of the morning. He in prison for life now. It was concluded that his lack of sleep had affected and impaired his judgement.

That's how much privacy we all have now.

Last edited:

Oh trust me. I don't like it either. It's a crappy fact of life, now. There are cameras everywhere. Trying to recall the details of another incident....I think it was somewhere overseas, and it dealt with a trail derailment, or something like that. Law enforcement checked his internet records and discovered that the gentleman responsible for the incident had been online until the wee hours of the morning. He in prison for life now. It was concluded that his lack of sleep had affected and impaired his judgement.

That's how much privacy we all have now.

I care less aboiut the governmnet protecting me for my own good. I want the government protecting my rights period.

RFID is not GPS.

From the link I used
So what is it? RFID tags.

RFID 101

Invented in 1969 and patented in 1973, but only now becoming commercially and technologically viable, RFID tags are essentially microchips, the tinier the better. Some are only 1/3 of a millimeter across. These chips act as transponders (transmitters/responders), always listening for a radio signal sent by transceivers, or RFID readers. When a transponder receives a certain radio query, it responds by transmitting its unique ID code, perhaps a 128-bit number, back to the transceiver. Most RFID tags don't have batteries (How could they? They're 1/3 of a millimeter!). Instead, they are powered by the radio signal that wakes them up and requests an answer.

RFID tag range is quite limited.
this is all just a false outrage/fearmongering thing.
thanks for playing along.

Last edited:
RFID tag range is quite limited.
this is all just a false outrage/fearmongering thing.
thanks for playing along.

I really don't give a shit if they only have 100 feet range.. The very fact they are placed in tires should bring a red light on.

Forum List

Back