someone has to pick the crops

Well don't be a crybaby whiner who decries "oh nobody wants to work anymore" if nobody takes those jobs. Leave them unfilled as far as I am concerned. If you want labor pay for it.
i wasn’t the one whining…nancy p was in her racist rant

I say make a law saying the minimum a crop picket can make is $25 per hour plus bennies. To heck with the lying Dems and the conservapukes

The AG producers and markets wouldn't thrive w/o immigrant labor. Until there is a worker program it's not going to change.
That’s really odd, they thrived for nearly two centuries before the massive invasion of illegal aliens that started in the early 1980s. All illegals did was to lower labor costs which are the smallest component of a farmer’s costs. Today most crops are picked by machinery, not stoop labor.

That’s really odd, they thrived for nearly two centuries before the massive invasion of illegal aliens that started in the early 1980s. All illegals did was to lower labor costs which are the smallest component of a farmer’s costs. Today most crops are picked by machinery, not stoop labor.
and some crops cannot be machine picked. Before Latino migrants there were Haitians .

Until you have been in a field with the "workers" you know not of what you speak. Every farm , and every crop is different. But some things are constant. I've seen "camps" by the "creek" in San Diego Co that made my stomach turn from the filth that these "immigrants" were living in. Less then an 1/8 of a mile away was a shopping mall and houses worth $700,000. These "immigrants" lived in filth while waiting for the crop. Likely, after the crop was harvested they moved on to the next "camp", only to return the next year, to that same filthy "creek". Thousands of these workers live in unimaginable circumstances.

Until you have been in a field with the "workers" you know not of what you speak. Every farm , and every crop is different. But some things are constant. I've seen "camps" by the "creek" in San Diego Co that made my stomach turn from the filth that these "immigrants" were living in. Less then an 1/8 of a mile away was a shopping mall and houses worth $700,000. These "immigrants" lived in filth while waiting for the crop. Likely, after the crop was harvested they moved on to the next "camp", only to return the next year, to that same filthy "creek". Thousands of these workers live in unimaginable circumstances.
We have those here as well.

If you take a drive, starting from San Diego CA and go north on highway five, you will often see dozens and dozens of "workers" picking strawberries. As you continue north (at 70mph) you will need to slow down, wait in stop and go traffic, and then be stopped at the San Anofre "immigration check point", to answer some questions about why you are traveling, from a federal officer... Everyone single person at that "checkpoint", knows exactly were a hundred illegals are at that very moment ( the strawberry fields, 10 miles south along freeway five). It is a clown world we live in.

Last edited:
c062ca488312b23c.jpeg

If you take a drive from San Diego CA east along highway eight you can usually go through, unless you use the parallel old Hwy 80, where you might be stopped by border patrol with drug sniffing dogs (presumably to sniff out immigration violations)... However, when you return to San Diego ( hwy 8 or old hwy 80) it is highly likely that you will be in stop and go traffic, waiting for a drug sniffing dog and answering question coming from a Border patrol agent. The checkpoint at Highway 8 (60 minutes east of San Diego) is often times "shut down". The cartel (obviously) have lookouts that inform them when they are "shutdown".

Sand Diego has the ocean to the west and Mexico to the south. You can only drive north or you can drive east. Both of these "freeways" often require you to slow down, stop and be questioned by a federal agent. I don't like that.

and some crops cannot be machine picked. Before Latino migrants there were Haitians .
And Eastern Europeans before that, ad on and on. The difference is that the prior laborers were here legally. There used to be harvesting crews that roamed the US following the various harvest seasons,

Aren't progressives supposed to be against shit like this?

Twitter melted down after Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi claimed that Floridian farmers "need" illegal immigrants to stay in their state and "pick the crops."

l

Critics claimed that Pelosi’s remarks were demeaning of migrants and that she openly admitted America should welcome in and profit off of illegal immigrants.

During a Friday press conference, Pelosi railed against governors relocating illegal immigrants from southern states to northern ones because they need to stay and "pick the crops down here."

It's funny.

Her side is constantly banging on the racism drum, but always turn and do the most racist shit.

Aren't progressives supposed to be against shit like this?

Twitter melted down after Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi claimed that Floridian farmers "need" illegal immigrants to stay in their state and "pick the crops."

l

Critics claimed that Pelosi’s remarks were demeaning of migrants and that she openly admitted America should welcome in and profit off of illegal immigrants.

During a Friday press conference, Pelosi railed against governors relocating illegal immigrants from southern states to northern ones because they need to stay and "pick the crops down here."

This was so funny when I heard it. This is EXACTLY what happens in California and why they are ok with illegals and why it is a sanctuary state. Someone has to pick the crops and they don't even need to be paid a living wage. Let's exploit their labor and then blame border security on Republican employers.

Forum List

Back