Some Republicans Fear Tighter Election Rules Could Boomerang on the Party

to suppress the right to vote, disenfranchise voters, and disadvantage voters of color

HEY BONEHEAD:
  1. Not one voter has ever been suppressed from getting off their ass on election day and going to pull a few levers.
  2. There is no such things as "disenfranchising" voters. There is no franchise. You get up and go to vote, period.
  3. No person of color ever interviewed on the street has ever said they can't get an ID card and couldn't go to vote. They look at you like you're nuts when you ask them.
  4. If everyone can get a vaccine card, they can get voter ID. Maybe we should just put the voter ID ON the vaccine card to shut you lying idiot fuckers up!

It does not take a mind reader. Liars are easy to spot, even on the internet.
I rest my case.

1631993077970.png

Some republicans are waking up to the fact that their new voting restrictions will harm republicans.

Which we all know isn't the point to the laws.

The point is to ham democrats and independents who don't vote for republicans.

Notice there isn't one word of concern from any of those republicans on the fact it will harm democrat and independent voters. Only republicans.

Most, not all, rural voters are republicans and a lot of them vote by mail.

I don't know about anyone else but one of the last things I'm going to do is put a piece of mail into the US Mail that contains my driver's license number and last four of my social security number. Both are used as forms of ID for loans and to open accounts on line.

None of that information is needed to vote.

Since the republicans say they don't trust the government I highly doubt any of them will vote by mail and many of them won't vote.

I find it disgusting that republicans only care about republicans being able to vote and not everyone else.

Politicians should be concerned with and represent all voters not just people who vote for republicans.

All this article says to me is that these republicans are writing laws that are meant to disenfranchise democrats and independent voters so they won't or can't vote.

This is today's republican party. Nothing but frauds, liars and cheats.

To the extent that these Republican legislators "think", they believe that their bases is so committed to them that they will always get to the polls. But their base is also older or just old, and do not want to wait in line, on their feet, maybe in the rain or the cold. Take away mail-in and absentee voting and a sizable chunk will say "My bones can't go through it, and I'm not going to live long enough for it to matter, anyway".

To the extent that these Republican legislators "think", they believe that their bases is so committed to them that they will always get to the polls. But their base is also older or just old, and do not want to wait in line, on their feet, maybe in the rain or the cold. Take away mail-in and absentee voting and a sizable chunk will say "My bones can't go through it, and I'm not going to live long enough for it to matter, anyway".
They haven't taken away mail-in and absentee.

Somebody named Danti Chinni found a republican in Mich. and one in Texas who are concerned about election technology. Ho hum.

Ah yes, a new weasel version of, "Don't do anything wrong, and you have nothing to worry about from law enforcement"
Don't understand your response. We were not in any form or fission speaking of law enforcement. We are speaking of voting. Are you one of those who does not think the black community is intelligent enough to get an ID?

Forum List

Back