Some Republicans Fear Tighter Election Rules Could Boomerang on the Party

Some republicans are waking up to the fact that their new voting restrictions will harm republicans.

Which we all know isn't the point to the laws.

The point is to ham democrats and independents who don't vote for republicans.

Notice there isn't one word of concern from any of those republicans on the fact it will harm democrat and independent voters. Only republicans.

Most, not all, rural voters are republicans and a lot of them vote by mail.

I don't know about anyone else but one of the last things I'm going to do is put a piece of mail into the US Mail that contains my driver's license number and last four of my social security number. Both are used as forms of ID for loans and to open accounts on line.

None of that information is needed to vote.

Since the republicans say they don't trust the government I highly doubt any of them will vote by mail and many of them won't vote.

I find it disgusting that republicans only care about republicans being able to vote and not everyone else.

Politicians should be concerned with and represent all voters not just people who vote for republicans.

All this article says to me is that these republicans are writing laws that are meant to disenfranchise democrats and independent voters so they won't or can't vote.

This is today's republican party. Nothing but frauds, liars and cheats.

The new voter laws do nothing but assist with election integrity. If that harms the republicans than so be it. As long as the elections are fare.

Maybe in fantasyland. In what the rest of us call reality: 45.7%

He hasn't been at 45% for a month.....just reported on FOX he is at 39%....32% foreign affairs 32% covid response...31% economy your boy is toast...I predict....he will need to step down for the good of the dem party....

Some republicans are waking up to the fact that their new voting restrictions will harm republicans.

Notice there isn't one word of concern from any of those republicans on the fact it will harm democrat and independent voters. Only republicans.

I don't know about anyone else but one of the last things I'm going to do is put a piece of mail into the US Mail that contains my driver's license number and last four of my social security number. Both are used as forms of ID for loans and to open accounts on line.

Since the republicans say they don't trust the government I highly doubt any of them will vote by mail and many of them won't vote.

I find it disgusting that republicans only care about republicans being able to vote and not everyone else.

Politicians should be concerned with and represent all voters not just people who vote for republicans.

All this article says to me is that these republicans are writing laws that are meant to disenfranchise democrats and independent voters so they won't or can't vote.

Dipshit......60-70% of black Americans favor fixing our voting and approve of voter I.D. you moron....

True.

But Republicans are still going to enact measures intended to suppress the right to vote, disenfranchise voters, and disadvantage voters of color regardless the risk.

Yes they are. They know they can't win an honest and fair election so they are writing these laws to make sure democrats and independents don't vote.

I hope it won't work but we all know that it will.

MSN ....

LMAO @ the Stupid Shit you Leftist are so Gullible to believe.

Yes they are. They know they can't win an honest and fair election so they are writing these laws to make sure democrats and independents don't vote.

I hope it won't work but we all know that it will.

75% of black Americans want election reform, 69% want voter I.D...........

Not only that...but I know that when someone tells me that I can't do something I know I am entitled to do...I try that much harder to do it

Yes I'm the same way.

Unfortunately we are probably the exception instead of the rule.

You are right. The elderly tend to vote by Mail and tend to vote Republican. My parents voted exclusively by mail in their later years and they were staunch Republicans. Whether it is infirmity by age or fear of a contagious disease that make the elderly unable to vote or obtain a valid state ID, these restrictions will disproportionately affect the elderly and may very well backfire. The backfire is the bane of the short-sighted.

I hope it does backfire on them.

I've been a permanent mail in voter since the mid 90s when I was in my 30s.

I gave mail in voting a try one year because I was going to be out of town on Election Day.

I found out how much more convenient it is to vote by mail.

They give you two weeks to vote. I could sit down at my home with all my information on the candidates and issues to vote without being rushed.

It was great.

So I signed myself and my ex up to permanent mail in voting.

I know that if I lived in a state that makes it very hard to vote in person that I would always vote by mail. Now those same states are making it much harder to vote by mail.

I hope that these laws are challenged in the courts.

I hope it does backfire on them.

I've been a permanent mail in voter since the mid 90s when I was in my 30s.

I gave mail in voting a try one year because I was going to be out of town on Election Day.

I found out how much more convenient it is to vote by mail.

They give you two weeks to vote. I could sit down at my home with all my information on the candidates and issues to vote without being rushed.

It was great.

So I signed myself and my ex up to permanent mail in voting.

I know that if I lived in a state that makes it very hard to vote in person that I would always vote by mail. Now those same states are making it much harder to vote by mail.

I hope that these laws are challenged in the courts.

Blacks favor election reforms and voter I.D.....are they republicans?

You don't believe that. Just another cult footsoldier, saying what he thinks he is supposed to say.
I absolutely believe it. I have had someone vote as me in a local election. Let's make sure all republicans, democrats, libertarians, Green Party, etc. are legit. No ore dead people voting. No more right wingers yelling illegitimate president, etc.

Forum List

Back