Some Republicans Fear Tighter Election Rules Could Boomerang on the Party

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
Some republicans are waking up to the fact that their new voting restrictions will harm republicans.

Which we all know isn't the point to the laws.

The point is to ham democrats and independents who don't vote for republicans.

Notice there isn't one word of concern from any of those republicans on the fact it will harm democrat and independent voters. Only republicans.

Most, not all, rural voters are republicans and a lot of them vote by mail.

I don't know about anyone else but one of the last things I'm going to do is put a piece of mail into the US Mail that contains my driver's license number and last four of my social security number. Both are used as forms of ID for loans and to open accounts on line.

None of that information is needed to vote.

Since the republicans say they don't trust the government I highly doubt any of them will vote by mail and many of them won't vote.

I find it disgusting that republicans only care about republicans being able to vote and not everyone else.

Politicians should be concerned with and represent all voters not just people who vote for republicans.

All this article says to me is that these republicans are writing laws that are meant to disenfranchise democrats and independent voters so they won't or can't vote.

This is today's republican party. Nothing but frauds, liars and cheats.

Some republicans are waking up to the fact that their new voting restrictions will harm republicans.

Notice there isn't one word of concern from any of those republicans on the fact it will harm democrat and independent voters. Only republicans.

I don't know about anyone else but one of the last things I'm going to do is put a piece of mail into the US Mail that contains my driver's license number and last four of my social security number. Both are used as forms of ID for loans and to open accounts on line.

Since the republicans say they don't trust the government I highly doubt any of them will vote by mail and many of them won't vote.

I find it disgusting that republicans only care about republicans being able to vote and not everyone else.

Politicians should be concerned with and represent all voters not just people who vote for republicans.

All this article says to me is that these republicans are writing laws that are meant to disenfranchise democrats and independent voters so they won't or can't vote.

Fucktards, such as the OP and these GOPers, are always good for some funny shit

Not only that...but I know that when someone tells me that I can't do something I know I am entitled to do...I try that much harder to do it

You are right. The elderly tend to vote by Mail and tend to vote Republican. My parents voted exclusively by mail in their later years and they were staunch Republicans. Whether it is infirmity by age or fear of a contagious disease that make the elderly unable to vote or obtain a valid state ID, these restrictions will disproportionately affect the elderly and may very well backfire.

Last edited:
In any numbers that come even close to affecting any results, anywhere? It sure doesn't. Overblown nonsense meant to fool gullible people, in the bait and switch con. I see you are one of the marks.
Biden slipped into the 30's for job approval....ouch!!!

You are right. The elderly tend to vote by Mail ans tend to vote Republican. My parents voted exclusively by mail in their later years and they were staunch Republicans. Strict ID laws can be complied with you. Whether it is infirmity by age or fear of a contagious disease, these ID laws may very well backfire. Tye backfire is the bane of the short-sighted.
Biden slipped into the 30's for job approval....ouch!!!

Forum List

Back