Some of the reasons why Americans of all political backgrounds oppose funding and supporting Ukraine.

I don't know how deep it goes but they met with soviets who said they had dirt on Hillary. Trump denies being in on that meeting but his boys met with them. That we know for a fact.

We know Trump has contacts in Russia. He does business there right? It's a very corrupt place.

He met with Putin in private. No one there taking transcripts. Very shady. Never been done before.

Funny Russia invades Ukraine after they refuse to dig dirt up on Trump's political opponent.

So much.
Lies and more lies.

...we have engaged in numerous proxy wars and incursions going back to north korea.
Nolo contendere., No contest.
...Isolationist, yeah, I'll take that over our war it up mentality around the world ANYDAY. ..
Nope.

We learned what Isolationism gets us on December 7, 1941.

The lesson remains "learned" - not forgotten.

Better to retain a formidable war-making posture and to occasionally let the war-dogs loose to stretch their legs than to forget the lesson of Pearl Harbor.

As a minor concession I will happily admit that we have been (and continue to be) stupid when it comes to using military force - when, and for how long.

With the exception of Iraq I cannot think of a single war since the end of WWII in which we (a) fired first or (b) did not come to the aid of a friend or ally.

It comes with the territory - being the Biggest Kid on the Block

Russia just ain't enough...
Well... they ARE the Second-Best Army in Ukraine... :p ...but they have numbers on their side...

As well as a Leader who shovels his boys into The Furnace just like Czar Nicholas II did in the 1914-1917 time frame.

If it wasn't for their large leftover nuclear warhead inventory and some new and faster delivery systems they would be strictly B-Team material.

Putin had sugar-plum visions (delusions) of resurrecting the Warsaw Pact and reestablishing his Buffer Zone in Eastern Europe.

He will not be allowed to accomplish those goals.

, now our military complex has an erection for china.
Incorrect. Now, Xi has a hard-on for the South China Sea, and the East African Coast. He shall have neither.
War, war, war...............yeah, we're the pros at it.
Indeed we are... and that makes the Bad Guys think twice before jumping.
...How many innocent people did we kill in vietnam? 2,000,000 uh huh...
Maybe the North Vietnamest Communists should not have tried to take the South by force, eh?

Maybe the Communist Chinese and the Communist Soviets (Russians) should not have used the North as a war-proxy against the United States?

, iraq............another million...
Maybe Saddam Hussein should not have invaded Kuwait and threatened the oilfields, eh?

Maybe Saddam Hussein should not have provoked the Coalition by violating airspace and shooting at recon aircraft and deporting UN and IAEA monitors?

Maybe Baathist and Islamo-Nazis should not have engaged in an insurgency that brought pointless misery and death down upon their heads?

, and the body count rolls on ...
Better them than us.
as the green from the taxpayers lines the pockets up mcdonnel douglas, northrup, boeing..........murrica!!!
Yep. There is much work needed to reform both foreign policy and looming prospect of corporate shadow-involvement in foreign policy decisions.
Wrap that flag around you and march on.
Da, Tvaritch... you tell 'em. :itsok:

But that’s kind of flawed . who is asking smaller countries to help out here ? here’s the thing my friend Germany is an extremely rich country they’ve given four billion dollars . that’s what counts my friend it’s the United States once again who has given by far and wide everything almost everything whether it’s the best weapons or the hundred and ten billion dollars . here’s the thing what about Japan for example they got all this money what about Japan…Japan is one of the most racist immigration countries in the world it is 99.8% Japanese.

People in United States are rightfully protesting that we are once again on the hook for these types of issues. That is only fair. What about the big country is France Germany and yes England with all their money and power all they can fork up is a few billion dollars

There’s also quite a few people in countries like Germany and Italy who are opposed to funding Ukraine.

The raw truth is that the great majority of Europe depends on American protection. That is just a post World War II raw truth. Should’ve never gone down this way it there should never have been a cold war. If FDR lived on past World War II or the vision of the allies was upheld all of the world powers will be working together to the day and we would’ve avoided many wars.
Germany took over a million refugees...

Germany finds politically it easier to pay that way...

Nolo contendere., No contest.

Nope.

We learned what Isolationism gets us on December 7, 1941.

The lesson remains "learned" - not forgotten.

Better to retain a formidable war-making posture and to occasionally let the war-dogs loose to stretch their legs than to forget the lesson of Pearl Harbor.

As a minor concession I will happily admit that we have been (and continue to be) stupid when it comes to using military force - when, and for how long.

With the exception of Iraq I cannot think of a single war since the end of WWII in which we (a) fired first or (b) did not come to the aid of a friend or ally.

It comes with the territory - being the Biggest Kid on the Block

Well... they ARE the Second-Best Army in Ukraine... :p ...but they have numbers on their side...

As well as a Leader who shovels his boys into The Furnace just like Czar Nicholas II did in the 1914-1917 time frame.

If it wasn't for their large leftover nuclear warhead inventory and some new and faster delivery systems they would be strictly B-Team material.

Putin had sugar-plum visions (delusions) of resurrecting the Warsaw Pact and reestablishing his Buffer Zone in Eastern Europe.

He will not be allowed to accomplish those goals.

Incorrect. Now, Xi has a hard-on for the South China Sea, and the East African Coast. He shall have neither.

Indeed we are... and that makes the Bad Guys think twice before jumping.

Maybe the North Vietnamest Communists should not have tried to take the South by force, eh?

Maybe the Communist Chinese and the Communist Soviets (Russians) should not have used the North as a war-proxy against the United States?

Maybe Saddam Hussein should not have invaded Kuwait and threatened the oilfields, eh?

Maybe Saddam Hussein should not have provoked the Coalition by violating airspace and shooting at recon aircraft and deporting UN and IAEA monitors?

Maybe Baathist and Islamo-Nazis should not have engaged in an insurgency that brought pointless misery and death down upon their heads?

Better them than us.

Yep. There is much work needed to reform both foreign policy and looming prospect of corporate shadow-involvement in foreign policy decisions.

Da, Tvaritch... you tell 'em. :itsok:
sorry, Iraq and Afghanistan were the stupidest wars ever special, and the incompetence of the Bush White House gave us 911. absolute idiots all the way Then they gave us the world depression We're still dealing with the after effects of, mainly right wing militarists.

sorry, Iraq and Afghanistan were the stupidest wars ever
Gulf War 1 (Iraq War 1) was appropriate and it ended appropriately.

Gulf War 2 (Iraq War 2) was, indeed, stupid.

Going in and thumping Afghanistan and deposing the Taliban for letting Al Qaeda set up operational bases on Afghan soil was righteous enough.

But we should have been in-and-out of there in six months and left them walking-about dazed in the smoking ruins rather than staying there for so long.

...and the incompetence of the Bush White House gave us 911
I don't fault them overly much... they were still getting their feet wet with the job and did not make good use of the Intel that Bubba Clinton's admin had left.

. absolute idiots all the way
Staying in Afghanistan after thumping them was, indeed, idiocy.

Going into Iraq while Afghanistan was underway and taking our eye off the ball (Osama bin Laden and al-Quada) was, indeed, idiocy.

Then they gave us the world depression We're still dealing with the after effects of, mainly right wing militarists.
Yep. Not the brightest crayons in the box, by the look of it.

Too bad for Putin that trump is not around to wreck NATO for him...
We know Putin wants Trump back. So it's funny to hear Republicans here say if Trump was POTUS they wouldn't be invading Ukraine. Hell we'd be helping them right now instead of helping Ukraine. Remember Trump treats are allies like shit and kisses our enemies asses. Which tells me Republicans are the real enemies of America. At least 45% of them are scum.

We know Putin wants Trump back. So it's funny to hear Republicans here say if Trump was POTUS they wouldn't be invading Ukraine. Hell we'd be helping them right now instead of helping Ukraine. Remember Trump treats are allies like shit and kisses our enemies asses. Which tells me Republicans are the real enemies of America. At least 45% of them are scum.
brainwashed functional scum politically... I always say. here in western New York cow country 72% trump. Great people, just horrible what propaganda can do.

Gulf War 1 (Iraq War 1) was appropriate and it ended appropriately.

Gulf War 2 (Iraq War 2) was, indeed, stupid.

Going in and thumping Afghanistan and deposing the Taliban for letting Al Qaeda set up operational bases on Afghan soil was righteous enough.

But we should have been in-and-out of there in six months and left them walking-about dazed in the smoking ruins rather than staying there for so long.

I don't fault them overly much... they were still getting their feet wet with the job and did not make good use of the Intel that Bubba Clinton's admin had left.

Staying in Afghanistan after thumping them was, indeed, idiocy.

Going into Iraq while Afghanistan was underway and taking our eye off the ball (Osama bin Laden and al-Quada) was, indeed, idiocy.

Yep. Not the brightest crayons in the box, by the look of it.

Some good come backs. I don't disagree with some. The vietnam incursion was basically a false flag in the bay of tonkin so we could test out our agent orange and new munitions and other big boy toys. Of course when the going got tough and the VC marched towards saigon, we pushed everything into the south china sea and sailed away.

Agree with you on both gulf wars.

Just a prediction based on some internal intel from a couple of friends, we'll be fighting with china in 8 months with iran running interference and side calamities.

Some good come backs. I don't disagree with some. The vietnam incursion was basically a false flag in the bay of tonkin so we could test out our agent orange and new munitions and other big boy toys. Of course when the going got tough and the VC marched towards saigon, we pushed everything into the south china sea and sailed away.

Agree with you on both gulf wars.

Just a prediction based on some internal intel from a couple of friends, we'll be fighting with china in 8 months with iran running interference and side calamities.
It was the Gulf of Tonkin, not "bay".

Ever hear of the Paris Peace Treaty that ended the war? The North Vietnamese signed it, waited for us to leave and then overran South Vietnam.

Agent Orange was invented in the 1940s.

You are desperately needing a history lesson.

NATO will allow Ukraine to join sometime this summer. The Russian military will evacuate the following day.

Ever hear of the Paris Peace Treaty that ended the war? The North Vietnamese signed it, waited for us to leave and then overran South Vietnam.

He needs a lesson about conspiracies... there is only one, greedy idiot conservative swine stealing from regular people to bloat the rich.... It was simple really, All we had to do to win that war was kill every single Vietnamese LOL. We should have let the 1956 election elect Ho Chi Minh. GOP fighting democracy again...

Thanks. Yeah, the gulf of tonkin. I was thinking about the bay of pigs. Yeah, and we were having a blast with it in vietnam. Of course they waited and we wasted over 50,000 of our men over in that worthless dump. Oh yeah, scare scare scare domino theory. What a joke.

Libtard. OK.

Check out this interesting fact

When is the last time a really substantial number of Republicans said they liked Putin? Right after Trump won in 2016, and we learned that Russia had interfered to assist in that victory. Favorable GOP views of Putin shot up from 16 percent the previous summer to 37 percent in one poll.

So no surprise today I guess that Republicans are pro Russia and anti Ukraine. Now I get it.

Check out this interesting fact

When is the last time a really substantial number of Republicans said they liked Putin? Right after Trump won in 2016, and we learned that Russia had interfered to assist in that victory. Favorable GOP views of Putin shot up from 16 percent the previous summer to 37 percent in one poll.

So no surprise today I guess that Republicans are pro Russia and anti Ukraine. Now I get it.

No, we learned that clinton fabricated a lie with the fake dossier. What we do know is that ukraine is a prime time laundromat for joe and his grifter buds. We've sent over a hundred billion to that dump and russia is advancing. Worthless.

Lies and more lies.

Well I'm glad Ron DiSantis isn't pro Russia and anti Ukraine like Trump is.

“I just don’t think that’s a sufficient interest for us to escalate more involvement. I would not want to see American troops involved there.

No shit Ron. Biden isn't sending troops or getting more involved. So you approve of what America is doing in Ukraine? Great!

Forum List

Back