Some Of Our Favorite Mixed Drinks

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
This is a great time to discuss what drinks peaks our interests....and some that we'd love to try. My favorites include Gin & Tonic.....and I like putting either garlic stuffed olives in them or cocktail onions. Then my all-time favorite is Rum and Dr Pepper.

But here's one I saw in a James Bond film "Die Another Day" called the Mojito.

It's White Rum...sugar and Club Soda...sugar....fresh mint leaves...and ice cubes

Mojitos-Collage-412x600.jpg

My all-time favorite mojito recipe, naturally sweetened with honey (instead of sugar) and SO fresh and delicious. Plus, tips for how to make a pitcher of mojitos for a crowd.

In honor of swimming pools opening everywhere, backyard grills firing up in full force, and all things warm and summery kicking off this weekend, I thought we could celebrate with a week of summer cocktail recipes here on the blog!
Beginning with the ultimate refreshing summery cocktail…
…the mighty, mighty mojito.
Especially with fall of the fresh mint abounding in gardens and farmers markets everywhere this time of year, mojitos are the perfect summer cocktail to whip up for after-work happy hours, afternoons by the pool, weekend grill-outs, you name it. They’re quick and easy to make, so vibrant and lovely, and also easy to whip up in a pitcher if you happen to be serving a crowd. I’m also a big believer that the best mojito recipe is sweetened naturally with just a bit of honey (instead of loads of sugar), which really allows those bright, fresh, tart flavors shine through. But the joy in making homemade mojitos, of course, is that you can add as much sweetener, mint, lime, or rum to taste.
So if you’re looking for a solid mojito recipe this summer, bookmark this one and have fun crafting your own. Cheers, friends!
How To Make A Mojito | 1-Minute Video

How To Make A Mojito

Mojito Ingredients:
Alright, so what’s in a mojito? Traditionally, a classic mojito cocktail is made with:
  • Rum: White rum is traditional.
  • Lime juice: Fresh, fresh, fresh please. Avoid the bottled stuff.
  • Fresh mint: Any variety of fresh mint will do. And be sure to use some extra as a garnish.
  • Club soda: We’ll add just a splash in at the very end.
  • Sweetener: Super-fine sugar is traditional in mojito recipes. But I prefer to use honey simple syrup, which can be whipped up in the microwave in just a minute or so. (See instructions below.) That said, feel free to use whatever kind of sweetener you prefer.
  • Ice: I use ice both to shake the cocktail, and for serving.
You will also need:
  • Cocktail Shaker: Such as this one.
  • Cocktail Muddler: Such as this one. (Or you can just use a wooden spoon.)
  • Tall glasses: Tall glasses, such as these, are traditional. But any serving glasses will do.
  • Straws: I love these re-usable metal straws.

How To Make A Mojito:
So let’s talk about how to make mojitos! For a single serving, simply:
  1. Muddle your mint. Combine your mint, rum, lime juice, and sweetener in a cocktail shaker. Then use a cocktail muddler to gently muddle the mint a bit so that those fresh minty flavors get released. (But try to avoid muddling the mint so much that it breaks up into million pieces.)
  2. Shake with ice. Add ice to the cocktail shaker, then cover and give it a good vigorous shake for about 15 seconds until chilled.
  3. Strain then top with club soda. Strain the mixture into a tall glass filled with ice, being sure that an inch or so is left at the top of the glass. Top off with club soda.
  4. And serve! Garnished with lots of extra fresh mint and lime, if desired.
That said, while making a mint mojito in a cocktail shaker is standard, I often take a shortcut and just muddle and mix everything together directly in the serving glass (skipping step 2), which is just as delicious. ;)

1585863784183.png

The Mexican Mule is beautiful in it’s simplicity and pale amber glow. This golden tequila cocktail is a south of the border twist on the Moscow Mule. It Uses ginger ale and gold tequila in place of the vodka and ginger beer.

This is a BlowJob...

Hyrh9izpvjSXZMbt0B-CO6a1hkQ5BcNh12UC2lLEUZiEki6kXLc1WO5Ow0exBmB8z-rksuxaWWsPgOvpAn4AF_qF_fccFFaaRyNkk06e-FT6S2RgWPbVMes

This layered shot originated around the early ’90s in the U.S. and is meant to be imbibed hands-free.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 oz Amaretto liqueur
  • 1/5 oz Irish cream liqueur
  • Whipped cream
Steps
  1. In a shot glass, slowly pour the amaretto, then the Irish cream, and top it with the whipped cream without mixing.

1585863886707.png

Tequila Sunrise Margarita on the rocks
This layered tequila sunrise cocktail is a perfect margarita for a Cinco De Mayo drink (garnish with a hot pepper curl), summer beach party or outdoor grill nights.

This Tequila Sunrise Margarita is absolutely stunning with its sunrise tones of orange and red delicately layered in the salt and sugar rimmed glass

This is a great time to discuss what drinks peaks our interests....and some that we'd love to try. My favorites include Gin & Tonic.....and I like putting either garlic stuffed olives in them or cocktail onions. Then my all-time favorite is Rum and Dr Pepper.

It's White Rum...sugar and Club Soda...sugar....fresh mint leaves...and ice cubes

My all-time favorite mojito recipe, naturally sweetened with honey (instead of sugar) and SO fresh and delicious. Plus, tips for how to make a pitcher of mojitos for a crowd.

In honor of swimming pools opening everywhere, backyard grills firing up in full force, and all things warm and summery kicking off this weekend, I thought we could celebrate with a week of summer cocktail recipes here on the blog!
Especially with fall of the fresh mint abounding in gardens and farmers markets everywhere this time of year, mojitos are the perfect summer cocktail to whip up for after-work happy hours, afternoons by the pool, weekend grill-outs, you name it. They’re quick and easy to make, so vibrant and lovely, and also easy to whip up in a pitcher if you happen to be serving a crowd. I’m also a big believer that the best mojito recipe is sweetened naturally with just a bit of honey (instead of loads of sugar), which really allows those bright, fresh, tart flavors shine through. But the joy in making homemade mojitos, of course, is that you can add as much sweetener, mint, lime, or rum to taste.
So if you’re looking for a solid mojito recipe this summer, bookmark this one and have fun crafting your own. Cheers, friends!

How To Make A Mojito

Mojito Ingredients:
Alright, so what’s in a mojito? Traditionally, a classic mojito cocktail is made with:
  • Fresh mint: Any variety of fresh mint will do. And be sure to use some extra as a garnish.
  • Sweetener: Super-fine sugar is traditional in mojito recipes. But I prefer to use honey simple syrup, which can be whipped up in the microwave in just a minute or so. (See instructions below.) That said, feel free to use whatever kind of sweetener you prefer.
You will also need:
  • Tall glasses: Tall glasses, such as these, are traditional. But any serving glasses will do.

How To Make A Mojito:
  1. Muddle your mint. Combine your mint, rum, lime juice, and sweetener in a cocktail shaker. Then use a cocktail muddler to gently muddle the mint a bit so that those fresh minty flavors get released. (But try to avoid muddling the mint so much that it breaks up into million pieces.)
  2. Shake with ice. Add ice to the cocktail shaker, then cover and give it a good vigorous shake for about 15 seconds until chilled.
  3. Strain then top with club soda. Strain the mixture into a tall glass filled with ice, being sure that an inch or so is left at the top of the glass. Top off with club soda.
That said, while making a mint mojito in a cocktail shaker is standard, I often take a shortcut and just muddle and mix everything together directly in the serving glass (skipping step 2), which is just as delicious. ;)
MY favorite is quite simple. Kahlua and milk. I'm not sure about what part of each, but if mixed correctly, it tastes like chocolate milk with a definite kick. Unfortunately, since I developed diabetes recently, I won't be partaking in this wonderful concoction too often. And of course, the price of Kahlua IS a bit steep.

How To Make A Mojito

Mojito Ingredients:
You will also need:

How To Make A Mojito:
MY favorite is quite simple. Kahlua and milk. I'm not sure about what part of each, but if mixed correctly, it tastes like chocolate milk with a definite kick. Unfortunately, since I developed diabetes recently, I won't be partaking in this wonderful concoction too often. And of course, the price of Kahlua IS a bit steep.
1585865379572.png

How To Make A Mojito

Mojito Ingredients:
You will also need:

How To Make A Mojito:
Add Vodka and you got a White Russian.

I got hooked on the Chi Chis on vacation in Hawaii once. I'd sit out by the pool bar and drink the damned things all afternoon for days on end. Don't know why because I was normally a scotch drinker, Chevis my usual with the occasional excursion into very dry martinis, either Bootles of Bombay Blue Sapphire please.

Blue Hawaii

Written by
Liquor.com
Updated 07/12/19

VWTMSHXCMKAFXGRTXE4LU44KHM.jpg

Blue Hawaii. Image: Tim Nusog
The Blue Hawaii cocktail was born at Honolulu’s Kaiser Hawaiian Village (now Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Resort). In 1957, a sales representative of Dutch distiller Bols asked legendary bartender Harry Yee to design a drink that featured its blue color of curaçao liqueur. After experimenting with several variations, Yee settled on a version somewhat different than the most popular version today but with the signature blue color, pineapple wedge and cocktail umbrella. It was Yee who named the cocktail that shares its name with the 1961 Elvis Presley film.”

There are numerous variations of this recipe, such as the Blue Hawaiian, which uses crème de coconut. But this is the authentic recipe.

This recipe originally appeared as part of “Meet the Updated Blue Hawaii. It’s a Drink You Should Know.”

Ingredients
  • 3/4 oz Vodka
  • 3/4 oz Light rum
  • 1/2 oz Blue curaçao
  • 3 oz Pineapple juice
  • 1 oz Sweet-and-sour mix*
  • Garnish: Pineapple wedge
  • Garnish: Cocktail umbrella
Steps
  1. Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled. (Or blend all ingredients with ice in a blender.).

2. Strain into a Hurricane glass over crushed or pebble ice. (Or pour from blender into glass with no ice.).

3. Garnish with a pineapple wedge and cocktail umbrella.

How To Make A Mojito

Mojito Ingredients:
You will also need:

How To Make A Mojito:
Add Vodka and you got a White Russian.
Thanks. I've never tried one. But if it's good for the Dude, it's most likely very good!

I got hooked on the Chi Chis on vacation in Hawaii once. I'd sit out by the pool bar and drink the damned things all afternoon for days on end. Don't know why because I was normally a scotch drinker, Chevis my usual with the occasional excursion into very dry martinis, either Bootles of Bombay Blue Sapphire please.

I ALSO got hooked on Chi Chi's, but of a VERY different kind when I was a strapping young lad. Let's just say I've tried to keep abreast of fine chi chi's since............Just thought I'd get this off my chest.....

French 75 served at Timberline Lodge (Mt. Hood, OR). Their secret is a slice of Ginger dropped in like a depth charge!

Forum List

Back