Some macro images of clover, bees, and a hornet…

Bob Blaylock

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2015
38°29′ North 121°26′ West
ZSC_6059n.jpg
ZSC_6068n.jpg
ZSC_6071n.jpg
ZSC_6090n.jpg
ZSC_6099n.jpg
ZSC_6126n.jpg

All hornets should die! :tongue-44:

Yellowjackets, too. (I think yellowjackets are hornets)

Bees are awesome .... but I don't admire their form of government.

I wage war on hornets, wasps, and yellow jackets at my place.

My roses got a damaging green worm that defoliated them.

In research I found out that the key predator of those are wasp, hornets, and yellow jackets.

Maybe like wolves or martins - every species is part of the web?

WEC_CHQ_BL_KillDeerMomNest2011.jpg

• Banned

In research I found out that the key predator of those are wasp, hornets, and yellow jackets.

View attachment 137799
We have a type of hornet up here that builds nests in the ground. Imagine stepping into one of those while working in the yard/garden! A friend of mine told me they are partial to aqua-colored clothes and will attack anyone wearing that color first.

She mentioned hornet.

Bob is a he.

I think a hard hat wearing solar panel installing roughneck.

Of course, I live in California, where the distinction is increasingly being treated as meaningless, but I think to any sane person, it remains obvious if you see me, as shown here in the thread “Users own pictures, cummon dont be shy (PICTORIAL) NSFW”.

2017-05-26_13-14-46-jpg.129319
[/QUOTE]
Thank you both for the correction...my bad!

View attachment 137799
We have a type of hornet up here that builds nests in the ground. Imagine stepping into one of those while working in the yard/garden! A friend of mine told me they are partial to aqua-colored clothes and will attack anyone wearing that color first.

we have yellow jackets that have ground hives.

Strike at night.

Boiling water is a pretty green weapon.

The hornets also eat

View attachment 137799
Hornets eat Aphids too. a mix of borax and sugar near the ground hornet nest will eliminate them. the ground hornets are destructive to the honey bees.

View attachment 137799

Strike at night.

I'll remember that. Since I have small livestock and poultry, using toxic means to control them isn't a good option, and those things are terrible for small animals, they could even kill a goat or small llama.

#4 does not look like a bee.

A wasp of sorts?
She mentioned hornet.

View attachment 137799

Strike at night.

I'll remember that. Since I have small livestock and poultry, using toxic means to control them isn't a good option, and those things are terrible for small animals, they could even kill a goat or small llama.

Ants, weeds, and yellow jackets.

She mentioned hornet.

View attachment 137799

Strike at night.

Another remedy that keeps them out of the house: I dust access points with diatomaceous earth. Works on regular ants and bedbugs, too.

I've never used pesticides, never will. Our bees [emoji219] seem to be doing well. I like these photos better than the one where I am.

View from the dentist chair. I've seen deer on the hill.
IMG_2424.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

View attachment 137799

Strike at night.

Another remedy that keeps them out of the house: I dust access points with diatomaceous earth. Works on regular ants and bedbugs, too.

That works for fleas, ticks, roaches.

Cheaper, easier to get alternative is twenty mule team borax. It's just boron.

Both work by desiccation of exoskeleton.

Be aware that both are very slippery on bare floors.

Strike at night.

That works for fleas, ticks, roaches.

Cheaper, easier to get alternative is twenty mule team borax. It's just boron.

Both work by desiccation of exoskeleton.

Be aware that both are very slippery on bare floors.

Diatomaceous earth works well used topically on critters for mites and internally for intestinal worms, as well.

Forum List

Back