Some Good News Out Of Durham Merged With NC Bar Acts

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Finally the middle of the take-down:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061229/D8MA91I80.html

N.C. Bar Files Charges Against Duke D.A.
Email this Story

Dec 28, 10:50 PM (ET)

By AARON BEARD

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - The North Carolina bar filed ethics charges Thursday against the prosecutor in the Duke lacrosse sexual assault case, accusing him of saying misleading and inflammatory things to the media about the athletes under suspicion.

The punishment for ethics violations can range from admonishment to disbarment. The complaint could also force District Attorney Mike Nifong off the case by creating a conflict of interest.

"He's got this hanging over his head," said Thomas Metzloff, a Duke law professor and member of the bar's ethics committee for the past 10 years. "It relates so much to his underlying conduct in the case."

Among the four rules of professional conduct that Nifong was accused of violating was a prohibition against making comments "that have a substantial likelihood of heightening public condemnation of the accused."

I really hope he is disbarred. Jail time would also be nice, it at all possible.

I think he's in deep doo doo, once the trial is dropped or concluded. He should use this as a reason to step down, 'conflict of interest' excuse.

I think he's in deep doo doo, once the trial is dropped or concluded. He should use this as a reason to step down, 'conflict of interest' excuse.

If he does step down, I still want to see him pay a bigger price for his actions. He has ruined lives for political gain, IMO. What a first-class jerkazoid.

If he does step down, I still want to see him pay a bigger price for his actions. He has ruined lives for political gain, IMO. What a first-class jerkazoid.

I think there is little doubt of that. Those families are going to bring civil charges, for sure.

Here's hoping Nifong has deep pockets. Of the "hot coffee spilled at McDonalds" judgment level.

After his cynical election, I hope he ends up bankrupt and the most despised man in the black community in Durham.

After his cynical election, I hope he ends up bankrupt and the most despised man in the black community in Durham.

I think the black community will continue to support him, putting race before justice, so to speak. I think many see him as a man of the (black) people. Maybe the O.J. trial has made me too wary and cynical, but that's how I see it.

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - The North Carolina bar filed ethics charges Thursday against the prosecutor in the Duke lacrosse sexual assault case, accusing him of saying misleading and inflammatory things to the media about the athletes under suspicion.

The punishment for ethics violations can range from admonishment to disbarment. The complaint could also force District Attorney Mike Nifong off the case by creating a conflict of interest.

"He's got this hanging over his head," said Thomas Metzloff, a Duke law professor and member of the bar's ethics committee for the past 10 years. "It relates so much to his underlying conduct in the case."

Among the four rules of professional conduct that Nifong was accused of violating was a prohibition against making comments "that have a substantial likelihood of heightening public condemnation of the accused."

In a statement, the bar said it opened a case against Nifong on March 30, a little more than two weeks after a 28-year-old woman hired to perform as a stripper at a lacrosse team party said she was gang-raped.

The ethics charges will be heard by an independent body called the Disciplinary Hearing Commission, made up of both lawyers and non-lawyers. A date for the hearing has not been set.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061229/D8MA91I80.html

Here's hoping Nifong has deep pockets. Of the "hot coffee spilled at McDonalds" judgment level.

Sadly, they are the pockets of North Carolina taxpayers.

Nifong misjudged the ever-so-slightly power shifting that I THINK and would LIKE TO HOPE is happening in America. He figured that if he took a politically correct cause and pushed it, he would get no opposition. How could there be any objection to what the Duke faculty, legal system and national media know so well, which is that rich whites are evil and poor blacks are innocent and truthful? And that this "righteous cause" would win him the black vote and ensure his re-election?

All's good in the 'hood, right?

Wrong.

The defense lawyers were there. The INTERNET was there, prompting the MSM to shift its coverage. White exhaustion over being the go-to bad guy was there.

More importantly, the FACTS WEREN'T THERE. The DNA was wrong. The stripper's story kept changing. And it kept getting worse and worse. So bad that the NYT had to start siding with the whites. You know that's a sign!

I wouldn't have predicted the bar complaint, myself. But to me, it's an encouraging sign.

Now, here's a thought. Nifong's a baddie and needs to be dealt with. But what about Miss Tawana Brawley there? She's essentially committed an egregious hate crime against whites. Will she get justice? Will anyone in the MSM take a look at THIS?

Sadly, they are the pockets of North Carolina taxpayers.

Nifong misjudged the ever-so-slightly power shifting that I THINK and would LIKE TO HOPE is happening in America. He figured that if he took a politically correct cause and pushed it, he would get no opposition. How could there be any objection to what the Duke faculty, legal system and national media know so well, which is that rich whites are evil and poor blacks are innocent and truthful? And that this "righteous cause" would win him the black vote and ensure his re-election?

All's good in the 'hood, right?

Wrong.

The defense lawyers were there. The INTERNET was there, prompting the MSM to shift its coverage. White exhaustion over being the go-to bad guy was there.

More importantly, the FACTS WEREN'T THERE. The DNA was wrong. The stripper's story kept changing. And it kept getting worse and worse. So bad that the NYT had to start siding with the whites. You know that's a sign!

I wouldn't have predicted the bar complaint, myself. But to me, it's an encouraging sign.

Now, here's a thought. Nifong's a baddie and needs to be dealt with. But what about Miss Tawana Brawley there? She's essentially committed an egregious hate crime against whites. Will she get justice? Will anyone in the MSM take a look at THIS?

Nope---and suing someone who has nothing is stupid so she will walk after what amounts to an attempted lynching.

Nope---and suing someone who has nothing is stupid so she will walk after what amounts to an attempted lynching.

When all is said and done, she may get indicted for something like filing a false report or extortion?

*bump*

http://durhamwonderland.blogspot.com/2007/01/duke-does-right-thing.html

Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Duke Does the Right Thing
For the second time in as many weeks, the Duke administration has taken a powerful step toward bringing this disastrous affair to a close. This afternoon, on behalf of President Brodhead, Vice President of Student Affairs Larry Moneta formally invited Collin Finnerty and Reade Seligmann to return for the spring term.

The symbolism of this move cannot be missed: with the decision, the Duke administration is formally saying that the presumption of innocence no longer can be ignored and strongly implying--through its deeds--that no one in the upper levels at Duke any longer believes in the credibility of Mike Nifong's allegations. Coupled with Brodhead's repeated demands that Nifong recuse himself, this act signals a dramatic, and welcome, shift by the administration on the case, and a statement that from here on out, Brodhead will stand on behalf of due process.

The Seligmann family replied with a gracious statement, taking care to thank "the outpouring of support that we have received from Duke alumni," looking forward to the time when Reade can resume his normal life as a full-time student, and noting, correctly, that "by now it should be plain to any person who has any objectivity that the charges against Reade are transparently false."

When all is said and done, she may get indicted for something like filing a false report or extortion?

That is really unfair to say! All she did was make a few false statements, ruin three young peoples lives, re-elect a shitty DA and cause the biggest news from Raliegh in 200 years.

However...................lets look at the positive acheivements here.

She collected a record volume of baby batter in a 24 hour period previous to her filing this bogus action. I mean hell, I'll say it, SHE IS NASTY! Someone needs to go over third grade health w/ her. You know, hygiene. I mean damn man!

She had intercourse with half the population of Raliegh! She does not require her Johns or whatever to wear protection.

Isn't she like...........pregnat! Who's yo daddy boy?

How in the hell could this have happened? It seems the smallest amount of investigation on Nyfongo"s part would have revealed the fact that she had done this before. Oh that's right, he never talked to her before exclaiming the boys to be hooligans.

I can't believe this happened in our country. What a shame! That little bitch ought to do about 10 years in prison for what she did.

It is very entertaining however listeninng to the clever recants of those who condemned the boys though!

Forum List

Back